The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Apprentice Task 2 - Give Yoof a Chance

+5
Good Golly I'm Olly
nadeem2099
Fernando
sodhat
Afro
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Apprentice Task 2 - Give Yoof a Chance Empty The Apprentice Task 2 - Give Yoof a Chance

Post by Afro Tue 17 Jul 2012, 2:21 pm

Youth scouting

You are the scouting team for Everton and the Ginger Messiah has asked you to identify some up and coming players that may have slipped under the radar of the bigger clubs. He has asked that you provide a report which shortlists 6 players you would recommend to Everton, and then a recommendation of which 3 the club should buy. £15m has been set aside for these purchases.

Moyes would like to point out that Everton are not a rich club who can get £15m easily, so good value players who could quickly challenge for the first team would be looked upon favourably, especially those that could quickly solve some of Everton’s main problem areas.

Please submit your report by 3pm on Friday 20th July

The teams for this task will be:

Olly
OTW
Cherries
Twist
Brahma

Sodhat
Viva
Nando
Nadeem

Last edited by BigFellasAfro on Tue 17 Jul 2012, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

The Apprentice Task 2 - Give Yoof a Chance Empty Re: The Apprentice Task 2 - Give Yoof a Chance

Post by sodhat Tue 17 Jul 2012, 2:30 pm

Before we do a team page, who should be PM?

I vote Viva if he thinks he'll have the time. But as there is a work experience kid with him this week, I'll leave that to him to let us know.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

The Apprentice Task 2 - Give Yoof a Chance Empty Re: The Apprentice Task 2 - Give Yoof a Chance

Post by Fernando Tue 17 Jul 2012, 2:32 pm

im happy to go with viva in charge if he wants shouldn't be too hard this task thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 17 Jul 2012, 2:41 pm

Are we using transfermarket as the price guide line?
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 17 Jul 2012, 2:47 pm

transfermarket valuations apply (no mark-up)
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 17 Jul 2012, 2:50 pm

lovely ive made a page for us until Viva turns up thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 17 Jul 2012, 4:30 pm

Ohh nick task
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 17 Jul 2012, 4:33 pm

We gorn give yoof a chance buh. I mean wassgornon?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 17 Jul 2012, 6:30 pm

I didn't know we had a new task up, I won't be able to take over as team leader this week as I've got a work experice kid with me. You can tell by the very little posts by me today and yesterday between 9-5.

If you give me something to do ill get on it during the evening.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 17 Jul 2012, 7:51 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:I just seen this:

I felt both teams submissions were excellent and very difficult to separate. Ultimately two things swung it in the winners favour and that was the quality of the additional innovative ideas

Very Happy

You did well Viva clap

I'm looking forward to this next task.

I have done my own exploring and have a shortlist of around 10 to 15 names who appear to be future stars (at Everton's level anyway). They are players who do not feature in this league, nor have there been any rumours linking them to major clubs as far as I can tell.

These are the kind of players that I am expecting to see, so it will be interesting to see how many of my list get selected, or even mentioned by the teams.

So far it is 1!!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 19 Jul 2012, 5:18 pm

Would you like explanations for each player, or literally just a list of the players?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 19 Jul 2012, 6:38 pm

I need a justification for why you,think they fit the brief of the task
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:35 pm

so sorry gonna have to pull out, got stuff going on recentley and helping family with business.
wont be on toomuch, sorry
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:41 pm

Cherries is FIRED

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:12 pm

Bull stabbing his own brother over a game, I wonder how CricketFan and Olly will feel about this and more importantly your dad Marky.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:13 pm

picard

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:14 pm

Very Happy
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:17 pm

I've broken Bull's PS3 because of this raspberry
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:22 pm

Olly wrote:I've broken Bull's PS3 because of this raspberry

Laugh Laugh Thats why Olly is my favorite from the 4 brothers he knows how to play along.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:43 pm

im actually desiging barn animals
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:58 pm

Cherries do you have facebook or twitter I'd love to friend/follow you.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:04 am

cherriesfan wrote:im actually desiging barn animals

How does one go about designing a barn animal?

Is your family business some sort of genetic creation lab?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:31 am

Is it like the new designer product to have for rich farmers.

You don't have a normal black and white cow - Chav farmers have Burberry patterned cows, posh farmer mums have Cath Kidston style chickens.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:34 am

As Cherries has pulled out, it is clear that he is going to get fired this week.

As it is my last day before a week's holiday, I am also a bit busy, so I suggest you submit as normal, I will have a read through at lunchtime and provide feedback and pick a winner, but we don't worry about the boardroom bit.

I can then get you going on the new task (which is a cracker courtesy on Hero) to be submitted on the Monday I am back at work
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:39 am

I think we should have a firing as well tbh, as cherries has kind of ruined the task by removing himself OK

Maybe have the boardroom on Monday?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:41 am

I'm on holiday next week, so any other firing would be today.

In truth, I was probably going to fire Cherries anyway. He has not (through being too busy admittedly) not contributed to either task.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:47 am

Only if we lost Whistle

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:49 am

True.

A good performance and a win will still earn you brownie points for future boardrooms, but we will go without the boardroom this week. It kind of suits my workload today to be honest, so I am selfishly going to lean towards it.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:33 am

Blue Generation Submission:

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:21 pm

Everton Wonderkids Submission:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:24 pm

Thank you. I will take a look at both submissions and announce a winner. The winners will get to bask in the glory, whilst the losers will get to spend time in a locked, darkened room with Bull and Cherries...
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

What happens in the dark room with Bull and Cherries?
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 20 Jul 2012, 2:50 pm

Right I have read both reports and again I was impressed with the amount of work that went into them.

You both highlighted RB as an area for improvement, which I totally agree with. At Everton, we do view Coleman as being likely to move back to RB and be our regular there for years, but there is no guarantee he will take to that position like he did to RM, plus we will need competition for him.

Your selections were Chandler and Naughton, and it is very difficult to split them. Naughton have been linked with us in the past, and we even tried to sign Naughton when he went to Spurs, so Moyes is a known admirer. However, it is questionable whether he is"under the radar". Chandler is more of a find, and a good one at that, so well done there

You also both picked the right hand side of midfield/wing as another position, and again I agree. Most Everton supporters would like it to be Donovan to fill this spot, but we cannot wait for him forever and we need to look at other options.

Again it was impossible to split your selections. Both Ince and Redmond have impressed.

Finally, you also both picked a striker, which again I agree completely with as after Jelavic, there isn't much to set your heart racing. Rhodes is a good player and has a lot of potential, but I felt that El kaddouri was his equal and a much more "under the radar" choice. He is a good young attacker, but one that takes a bit more effort to "discover" than Rhodes.

In team Everton wonderkids, that your selection of 6, was really a selection of 3. You gave good reasons to dismiss the other 3, but that surely meant that you shouldn't have included them. Moyes would want a report with "here's 6 players we could get, and here are the 3 I recommend most", not "here's 3 good players you can get and 3 good players you can't". I also felt the dump of statistics was a little unnecessary. Moyes is too busy a man to be having to sift through all of that. A summary would have been sufficient.

I also initially felt both teams got misled by the budget. There did seem to be a bit of "we have spent £5m so that gives us plenty of budget for a striker". I am glad to see in the end that, the money was used wisely. Everton have little money, so performing the task so well and significantly under budget is well received by the management.

Both teams did well again, but there can only be one winner, so after a lot of thought, the winners are....

Team Blue Generation.

I felt your report fulfilled the task brief better than the other team, and I think that although it was close with player selection, yours were more under the radar (I based this on how much did I have to use Google to find out about the player as well as how good they appeared to be).

Well done Team Blue Generation. Commisserations Everton Wonderkids.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 20 Jul 2012, 2:52 pm

But Cherries still gets fired...
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 20 Jul 2012, 2:53 pm

But if it wasn't cherries...?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 20 Jul 2012, 2:54 pm

Well from what I saw, two of you worked really hard, one of you had a good reason and did what you could, whilst the other didn't really contribute much at all.

But I may be wrong
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 20 Jul 2012, 2:55 pm

Sir Afro Sugar is never wrong

Even though we lost task, and had he not of walked, I would have still said cherries should be fired.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 20 Jul 2012, 2:59 pm

Had he not walked, I wouldn't have been able to fire him as he was carried to a win.

Who was your PM btw?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:01 pm

Me cos Viva didn't want to do it due to his work experience lover OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:02 pm

Nando was

Couldn't you have bent the rules though?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:02 pm

Fernando wrote:Me cos Viva didn't want to do it due to his work experience lover OK

Lover suggests it was consensual.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:08 pm

sodhat wrote:
Fernando wrote:Me cos Viva didn't want to do it due to his work experience lover OK

Lover suggests it was consensual.

I was giving Viva the benefit of the doubt Wink

#unforcedmanlove

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:09 pm

You did a good job Nando. Just a shame it was 2 v 4 for most of the task.

Next task on it's way
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:12 pm

If Sodhat and Viva are around, I want you both to be PM on the next task, and you are going to pick teams.

Whoever is first on gets to pick first, and then you can take it in turns.

Please pick from:

Olly
OTW
Nando
Twist
Brahma
Nadeem

Last edited by BigFellasAfro on Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:13 pm

Crying or Very sad Odnan has been left out Crying or Very sad

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:14 pm

Oops! Sorry Nando, I deleted the wrong line.

Now corrected
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:16 pm

I'll take Olly because he works hard.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm

(that shouldn't be taken that others don't too by the way)

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:23 pm

king

I really got Soddy whipped into shape on that first task. Brainwashed him. He'll soon be praising Grant Holt Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 20 Jul 2012, 3:24 pm

Sodhat
Olly
?
?

Viva
?
?
?

OTW
Nando
Twist
Brahma
Nadeem

Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next