The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cena Vs Rock in doubt?

+6
sodhat
legendkillar
ROBBO_WONT_BE_CHAMP_AGAIN
HitmanOwl
Crimey
Fernando
10 posters

Go down

Cena Vs Rock in doubt? Empty Cena Vs Rock in doubt?

Post by Fernando Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 22:00

someone in the front office at WWE is actually trying to convince Mr. McMahon to cancel The Rock vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania 28, the most anticipated main event in WWE history.

According to Meltzer, this high-ranking executive apparently is a very "powerful voice" in the company, and is worried that Cena, the biggest name in the WWE today, will be heavily booed in Miami when he goes up against their hometown hero.

With the WWE under new management and moving in a new direction, the main concern is that Cena being booed by almost 70,000 people would not look good for the company's overall image and would be counterproductive to what the WWE is trying to currently accomplish.

The finish of the match was also heavily discussed, assuming that this match will still be for the WWE title. As of right now, that stipulation seems pretty certain. Putting the strap on The Rock would be an historic moment, but it could end up being very detrimental to the company's future plans.

It's true, Cena will most likely be looked at as the heel, whether the WWE wants him to be or not. I could see how setting up Cena as the heel could possibly cause a few problems, especially when he's going up against someone who hasn't really made clear how far his stint at WWE will go after Wrestlemania.

There's been some speculation ever since this match was booked. Most critics didn't like the fact that the main event for Wrestlemania was set in stone a whole year in advance, since it put some big restrictions on what the company could do throughout the year. Obviously there was a debate over whether it should be for the WWE title. What if someone got hot all of a sudden? I'm sure people are already upset that the WWE's newest icon, CM Punk, won't even have the opportunity to compete in the main event in Miami.

Still, this match has already provided more anticipation than anything the WWE has ever done. Ticket packages are already gone, the press is eating it up, and old fans are returning after years of less than stellar programming. Ratings haven't jumped quite yet, but you can bet that once The Rock returns, that certainly won't be a problem.

Plus, 1,000,000+ Wrestlemania PPV buys is basically guaranteed. It could honestly be the biggest WWE event of all time with just that match alone.

So to even consider canceling this match because it doesn't quite fit with the WWE's future plans? That has to be the worst business sense I could ever imagine. Hopefully, it's not Triple H's apparently big ego already getting in the way of things.

Fortunately, according to lordsofpain.net, when someone asked Cena on Twitter about this huge rumor, the champ shot it down pretty quick.
Fan: "Any truth to the rumours that a top WWE exec wants your match with The Rock removed from the WM 28 card?"

Cena: "none at all. That match needs to happen. If they kick us out we will fight.in parking lot."

Cena said exactly when this executive should already know. This match needs to happen. There's no backing out now, unless the WWE likes PR nightmares and losses of up to millions of dollars in revenue.

Still, even with these rumors, there's obviously no chance that this match will actually be cancelled barring a serious injury to either competitor. The buzz is just too huge, and the consequences of such an action is just too severe. However, the simple fact that this idea is even being brought up to Mr. McMahon is absolutely shocking.

I hope this is the last we hear of this stupid idea.

source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/795199-wwe-news-rock-cena-possibly-in-danger-of-being-cancelled-and-cenas-response

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Cena Vs Rock in doubt? Empty Re: Cena Vs Rock in doubt?

Post by Crimey Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 22:10

No way would they ever cancel it, for one thing the backlash would be huge!

John Cena gets booed all the time anyway, and it's no coincide that John Cena has had most of his best matches and most credit from a lot of wrestling critics when he has been the heel, ONS 2006 with the ECW crowd and Chicago against CM Punk. I think it will be a historic moment to see the home town of The Rock going crazy for him. It might even be an excuse to freshen things up again.

I think it sounds like whoever is complaining is terrified of things changing and having to alter the way they book Cena.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 23:29

It would make more sense to turn cena heel and push miz or someone into a top babyface. The match is to much of a draw for this to be cancelled. Just imagine if the rock came back full-time.what would they say then?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBBO_WONT_BE_CHAMP_AGAIN Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 9:43

'With the WWE under new management'

Doh

ROBBO_WONT_BE_CHAMP_AGAIN

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 10:02

This is what is so crap about the WWE!!!

WWE direction? Becoming the biggest merchandise wh0are in the world??? That is why the current product is crap! CM Punk's new direction should be the beginning of where the company should be going in. Becoming less PG.

That is why ratings are down!! When will the WWE be done with it and turn Cena heel??? It doesn't matter how many t-shirts they bring out for him, Cena turning heel will certainly be a big marker on the 'direction' the WWE is now going.

I hope this executive will be 'wished' well in his future endeavours!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 10:19

This is the folly of a main event a year in advance...

I too think Cena should use this monumental moment and take the WWE title in a heelish manner. CM Punk has proven he can shift shirts like the best of them (and I have ordered mine -- I am sad, yes) so surely Cena doesn't need to be so heavily leant on?

If Cena turns heel at the biggest mania of all time, then he will be assured his place in history as something more than a hated babyface, full stop.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 11:40

I agree with all that has been said here. He needs to turn heel to freshen things up. Stop with all the bright coloured t-shirts etc and maybe bring in some new moves, and maybe then we'd start to like him more. The kids will move onto the next baby face to come in.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 13:24

Cena doesn't want to turn heel because he thinks it'll be detrimental to a lot of charities he's involved with, Hogan had the same reservations in 96

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 13:26

That's a good point that I'd never thought of.

Do you know if it did have a detrimental effect for Hogan in '96?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Mon 8 Aug 2011 - 16:49

Yeah, that is a good point Gaffer.

What other charities is Cena involved in? I only know he's part of Make-A-Wish Foundation...Shows how much attention I pay!
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 11:53

I don't believe this story at all for the simple fact that it says WWE is under new management.

Meltzer would never use that term as he knows it isn't the case. It's just a storyline!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 11:55

It's on Bleacher Report.
That says it all.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down