The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate End - Final Discussion

+16
bogbrush
barrystar
sirfredperry
socal1976
The Special Juan
Tom_____
laverfan
User 774433
Thomond
Danny_1982
Josiah Maiestas
carrieg4
owen10ozzy
CaledonianCraig
banbrotam
Seifer Almasy
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Ultimate End - Final Discussion - Page 2 Empty The Ultimate End - Final Discussion

Post by Seifer Almasy Fri 06 Jul 2012, 6:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Federer v Murray

Federer, age 30, #3
Murray, age 25, #4

H2H 7-8
Last meeting: Dubai 2012, Federer won 7-5, 6-4
Have never met on grass.

I find that last stat most telling... Murray, like Djokovic, is going to taste Federer on grass. And it is a whole new level. I do not believe Murray has the bottle or the variety or the attacking mindset to win. The huge expectations on his shoulder and against Federer will likely prove too much. I think he has been exceedingly lucky his last 2 matches to pull through, but he is going to need his A game and hope Federer comes with his C game. Both will be up for this match like never before. Murray aiming for the grandest of slams, and his first slam. Federer, aiming to break records and make history. Federer showed against Djokovic why he is the greatest player of all time on grass; at almost 31 years old he is still competing and setting a benchmark. Murray's defensive game is likely to come up short against Federer. Federer to win this in 4 sets.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate End - Final Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ultimate End - Final Discussion

Post by banbrotam Sat 07 Jul 2012, 9:59 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Murray relies on his opponents beating themselves

Yeah! Because that's how you win 8 Masters and get to 4 Slam finals and beat Federer 8 out of 15 times. Given the simplicity every other player is now doing it picard

Super D Boon wrote:He was lucky that Ferrer beat himself and Tsonga left it too late.

Ferrer, ran himself into the ground, simply because Murray tactically decided that was the thing to do and he could do it. As for Tsonga - he had no choice but to wait for Andy to self destruct (opening game of third set) given that the second set from Murray was at a differennt stratosphere of what Jo's capable of

Your comments are those of what I'd expected from the anti-Murray brigade who wil invade these boards if he loses tommorow

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate End - Final Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ultimate End - Final Discussion

Post by Super D Boon Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:36 pm

No, I and only a billion others say the same thing about Murray and his defensive tactics.

I find Murray's game is symptomatic of tennis these days where it's more about stamina and fitness rather than skill and finesse so naturally I tend to prefer Federer.

Have a busy day tomorrow so won't be on the boards whether Murray wins or loses. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2