The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests)

+12
Stella
mystiroakey
Biltong
liverbnz
Fists of Fury
guildfordbat
Corporalhumblebucket
Gregers
LondonTiger
skyeman
ShankyCricket
Duty281
16 posters

Go down

Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests)

Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap0%Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap33%Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap33%Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap17%Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap6%Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap6%Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap5%Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap0%Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Empty Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests)

Post by Duty281 Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Just over 2 weeks now, I'm gonna say 2-0 to the Champions.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Empty Re: Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests)

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:27 pm

1-1 seems the safe bet to me.

Though if I have to pick a winner, I might go for Saffers as I believe they've got better players.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) Empty Re: Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests)

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:27 pm

1-1 seems the safe bet to me.

Though if I have to pick a winner, I might go for Saffers as I believe they've got better players.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Gonna go for 1-0 to England, just can not see SA beating England at home going by recent home series, they have looked to be unbeatable at home.
SA didn't look too flash against NZ, they got knocked over cheaply for a couple of low scores in the first two Test's. Only drew with Aus and then lost a Test at home to SL.

England to cement the No1 spot.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:16 am

I think it will be close - especially if the current weather patterns continue.

England could be vulnerable in the first test as they will have had little "proper" cricket in recent times.

However unlike Shanky I think England have marginally the better players (and the Saffer batting is starting to look fragile) so a series win for England.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Only 5 people have voted? Come on, get the votes in.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:44 pm

1-1 with the other being rain affected. Although I wouldn't be surprised for it to be 2-1 either way.

First test 1-0 Saffers (If we play 4 bowlers + Bopara)

Second test - 1-0 Saffers Rain affected

Third test - 1-1 (Big hundred from Cook to win the match and tie the series)

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Two England batsmen are getting back into form. Strauss made 127* in the second innings for Middlesex on top of the 50 posted in the first innings. KP made an even higher score of 234* off of 190 balls including 30 4s and 8 6s for Surrey against Lancashire, quite incredible!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:39 pm

I predict SA to win one match fairly comfortably, one match to be drawn with no side getting close to victory. England to be on top in the other match, but I can't quite work out whether England will be able to win it.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:I predict SA to win one match fairly comfortably ....

Corporal - you have picked up Rudolph is in the team? Shocked Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Guildford - quite so. It is axiomatic that any overseas batsman who has done diddly squat batting for Surrey will miraculously look world class when face with international class England bowling.... Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:06 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Guildford - quite so. It is axiomatic that any overseas batsman who has done diddly squat batting for Surrey will miraculously look world class when face with international class England bowling.... Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) 57983

Good point, well made. Predict the Series Score: England v South Africa (3 Tests) 732107

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:40 am

Admirable patriotism, fellas, but I have bucked the trend and become the first person to vote for a South African win. I feel we are the more liable of the two sides to have one disastrous session, and thus feel we will lose the series 1-0 with two Tests affected by rain.

However, I hope I am wrong and that we stick it up those arrogant toads.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:00 am

If it wasn't for the weather I'd predict all 3 Tests being a result as I think both batting line-ups have vuneralbilties. However, it's Britian, it's the summer and it's raining. It will be tight (obvious) and I think the series could be decided on one vital win of a toss. 1-0 England.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:01 am

I picked 1-1, but SA will have it all to do to catch England as I fear in the first test we will be woefully underprepared and not hitting form.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:21 am

Liverbnz, I think I agree. The toss may prove more crucial than it ever has.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:24 am

gotta go for a 2-0

thats the optimist in me(not so much for the England win but more for the weather holding out to complete two tests!!!!)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:27 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Admirable patriotism, fellas, but I have bucked the trend and become the first person to vote for a South African win. I feel we are the more liable of the two sides to have one disastrous session, and thus feel we will lose the series 1-0 with two Tests affected by rain.

However, I hope I am wrong and that we stick it up those arrogant toads.
We are nothing if not humble. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:28 am

Haha! It wasn't a generalisation, just to clarify! More specifically aimed at Smith and Steyn.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:38 am

Yeah, yeah, are you guys getting nervous?

That number 1 spot is in danger.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:49 am

Of course it is, but so is your number three spot Laugh

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:44 am

Meh, we're not worried about that, it is only the NUMBER 1's that get nervous.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:45 am

2-0 England
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:16 am

I don't know what to think (or predict). Everything tells you it should be a tight, closely contested series. But then we all thought that when India were in England and look how that turned out.

Certainly England seem to have extra gears at home (in all formats). Equally certainly SA seem undercooked, their bowlers in particular haven't performed all that well in the warm-ups (and no centuries?).

Then there is the weather which will play a major part for sure, and could help negate England's main trump card Swann; on the other hand we saw what happened when Australia produced green tops to negate Swann - Anderson loved it.

I take Fists point that England are probably more likely to have a poor session. But equally England have the more balanced and consistent bowling attack (Morkel bowls the wrong length for England, and for some reason Steyn has never done too well there - don't be surprised if Philander ends up South Africa's chief destroyer), and the saying is "bowlers win matches".

I shall sit firmly on the fence, I can't see SA winning convincingly, but anything else is possible.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:55 am

Mike Selig wrote:I can't see SA winning convincingly, but anything else is possible.

Agree. I retain my 1-1 prediction, but the closer we get to the series, the more I feel England slightly have the upper hand.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:57 am

2-0 Englamd, if the weather holds up. But I dont think it will. So maybe 1-0

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:35 am

I think this will either be 1-1 or 2-1 England. The two teams are very close, but injuries may push things towards England.

While I think South Africa possibly have a little more class in their line-up in the form of Kallis and AB, England have men in form. That's pretty much even. The quicks are pretty much even too, especially given Anderson's skill in English conditions.

Where I think the teams can be split is with their respective spinners and their keepers. I think most people would agree that Swann is far better than Tahir. I also wonder how effective AB will be behind the stumps. He's not kept in Tests very often. I also wonder what impact it might have on his batting - which will be very important for SA.

The final factor that may come into play is strength in depth. While neither team have great batsmen waiting in the wings, I think that England's pace reserves are noticeably better than South Africa's. De Lange is good, but inexperienced, and Tsotsobe is average and was rubbish in county cricket.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Have gone for 1-0 but can't decide who will win. I think that with the bad weather set to continue at least two tests will be sufficiently interrupted as to cause two draws. Why o why couldn't we have had a four or five test series instead of those rather pointless one dayers against the aussies? Three tests is too short for such an important and tight series.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down