The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Bull accuse FIA over Safety Car Conspiracy

5 posters

Go down

Red Bull accuse FIA over Safety Car Conspiracy Empty Red Bull accuse FIA over Safety Car Conspiracy

Post by Fernando Wed 27 Jun 2012, 4:33 pm

Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull should tread carefully in accusing the FIA of a conspiracy to enliven last weekend's Valencia race.

That is the view of Hans-Joachim Stuck, the president of the German motor sport association DMSB.

After Vettel retired at Valencia from a commanding lead, the reigning world champion and his team's Dr Helmut Marko suggested the FIA called the safety car period chiefly to close up the field.

"Vettel was too far ahead and so the field was brought back together," said Marko, doubting the safety car was needed to clear the track of debris.

Stuck however warned "Herr Vettel" to think in future before making accusations that could be interpreted as "unsportsmanlike conduct" -- behaviour that could draw the ire of the governing FIA.

"Sebastian Vettel should learn to be a good loser," he told Germany's Yahoo Eurosport.

"It was clear there was debris on the circuit, representing a danger of puncture to the other cars. For that reason, the safety car was justified," he said.

Stuck also scotched Vettel's claim that the safety car period caused his Red Bull to fail.

"I don't think driving slowly behind a pace car can be the cause of a failure, otherwise all the other cars would fail also.

"If the Red Bull car overheats because of the safety car then it is designed wrong," the former F1 driver insists.

Source: Motorsport.com

Bad move by Red Bull he may draw the ire Hamilton got last season so endless penalties could be coming his way if keeps it up

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Red Bull accuse FIA over Safety Car Conspiracy Empty Re: Red Bull accuse FIA over Safety Car Conspiracy

Post by Critical_mass Wed 27 Jun 2012, 11:00 pm

Very daft to openly voice this. Besides, what was he worried about, after the first 2 laps of the race he was 4 second ahead or something like that. so should have had no prorblem from pulling away from the field. Besides i thought he enjoyed challenges - or is that "challenges" where he's gauranteed to win Laugh

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Red Bull accuse FIA over Safety Car Conspiracy Empty Re: Red Bull accuse FIA over Safety Car Conspiracy

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 28 Jun 2012, 9:56 am

Eh?

Helmut Marko is the one who thought the safety car was deployed to deliberately bunch up the field...why is Stuck saying Vettel needs to tread carefully?

While I don't claim to know why running behind the safety car could cause an alternator failure, we have seen in the past that engines can blow up through overheating, once the SC comes in and they're suddenly back up to race pace.

I suppose we'll never know for sure but I don't see anything wrong with what Vettel said...after all Grosjean retired soon after with the same problem.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:08 am

As other thread... i misread it as being vettel pointing the figure. Sorry.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jun 2012, 11:54 am

They should be pointing the finger at JE Vergne........seriously poor driving and then racing round back to the pits and destroying his car and littering tyre debris everywhere. Amateurish. I think we can safely say Vergne will not be replacing Webber next season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:09 pm

The reason why RedBull were unhappy is because they've got something illegal on the car again.

Won't surprise me at all. Remember Vettel saying, yes, we made the right decision.

Another illegal gadget installed.

A world champion who hates racing other people. What a joke

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by harryspiv Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:21 pm

Belgarion of Riva wrote:The reason why RedBull were unhappy is because they've got something illegal on the car again.

Won't surprise me at all. Remember Vettel saying, yes, we made the right decision.

I firmly believe this too, when you are that much quicker than the field then questions must be asked, it looks like another blown defuser device

harryspiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 02 Jul 2012, 11:49 pm

Sebastien Vettel has been placed on probation by the FIA

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue 03 Jul 2012, 10:58 am

Vettel has spit his dummy out.

Why can't I have a car that is a second faster than everyone <wah>

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 03 Jul 2012, 2:17 pm

Belgarion of Riva wrote:The reason why RedBull were unhappy is because they've got something illegal on the car again.

Must be it just must be the case... the start of the valencia race was incredible. By the first corner Vettel was a 1-1.5 seconds ahead of them.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 18 Jul 2012, 3:55 pm

Well, if anyone turns up any proof, be sure to post it here.

Red Bull were forced to change the floor of their car before the Canadian GP and there have been no rumour or accusations that I have seen since then.

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down