The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 poll: Should there have been a safety car at Hockenheim?

4 posters

Go down

Should there have been a safety car?

F1 poll: Should there have been a safety car at Hockenheim? Vote_lcap71%F1 poll: Should there have been a safety car at Hockenheim? Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 5 ]
F1 poll: Should there have been a safety car at Hockenheim? Vote_lcap29%F1 poll: Should there have been a safety car at Hockenheim? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

F1 poll: Should there have been a safety car at Hockenheim? Empty F1 poll: Should there have been a safety car at Hockenheim?

Post by crward77 Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:30 am

During the German Grand Prix, the Sauber of Adrian Sutil spun and was difficult to move from the track. Should there have been a safety car, or did the organisers call it correct by clearing the Sauber without a SC?

crward77

Back to top Go down

F1 poll: Should there have been a safety car at Hockenheim? Empty Re: F1 poll: Should there have been a safety car at Hockenheim?

Post by Fernando Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:41 am

The SC was never going to be deployed for that. It was off the racing line and no debris so all they needed to do was roll away into the gap under double yellows. Kvyat's was more worthy of a SC tbh at the end of a high speed straight with a tractor there is fairly dubious could easily lock up and end up crashing into that.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

F1 poll: Should there have been a safety car at Hockenheim? Empty Re: F1 poll: Should there have been a safety car at Hockenheim?

Post by crward77 Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:37 am

My problem is we have seen safety cars foe much less than Sutil's spin, and I agree with you on Kyvat.

crward77

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:20 am

A car stopped on track and had to be removed by marshals, obvious SC scenario.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crward77 Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:26 am

Marshall on track recovering car = deffo SC

crward77

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:13 am

Not for me. I can see why it could have been and would have certainly brought some drama to the finish of the race but I tend to agree with Fernando.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by crward77 Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:59 pm

I am not a huge fan of safety cars, and remember an era where they were hardly used, but in recent years they have sent them out too quickly. While I think they should have sent the SC out for this, with marshalls on track recovering a car, on other occasions I feel and SC was not warranted, and therefore there is a lack of consistency. I can understand the cynicism of LH on why the SC was not deployed. Another fact is with yellow flags, how closely are lap speeds monitored. I always got the impression the cars went slightly slower, but not massively. I admit I could be wrong with this.

crward77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down