The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English non-London metropolitan back-to-backs

3 posters

Go down

English non-London metropolitan back-to-backs Empty English non-London metropolitan back-to-backs

Post by Portnoy Fri 22 Jun 2012, 1:28 pm

What about back to back non-AI weekends so as sides can compete on an equal basis?

For instance:

Saints v Tigers
Exeter v Bath
Glaws v Wuss
Sale v Newcastle/Leeds (it is the future) - or failing that the other side available.

Whatever. Dates to be pe-detemined by agreement between the clubs and the fixtures to be preallocated by the paired sides.

Last edited by Portnoy on Fri 22 Jun 2012, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

English non-London metropolitan back-to-backs Empty Re: English non-London metropolitan back-to-backs

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 22 Jun 2012, 1:38 pm

Welford Rd is capable of creating a great atmosphere on it's own, as is Franklins Gardens, Kingsholm and Worcester's ground which now escapes my mind. Why bother moving them to a big football ground just to try and make a bit of extra cash?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

English non-London metropolitan back-to-backs Empty Re: English non-London metropolitan back-to-backs

Post by Portnoy Fri 22 Jun 2012, 1:48 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Welford Rd is capable of creating a great atmosphere on it's own, as is Franklins Gardens, Kingsholm and Worcester's ground which now escapes my mind. Why bother moving them to a big football ground just to try and make a bit of extra cash?

No Sam.
I'm suggesting H/A back-to backs out of International windows for non-London clubs.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 22 Jun 2012, 1:56 pm

Cardiff V Dragons and Opsreys V Scarlets at Mill stad
Munster V Connacht and Ulster v Lienster at NLR

However I would never want to give up home advantage

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 22 Jun 2012, 2:01 pm

You wouldn't Kingshu. You get to agree with your local pair for consecutive head-to-heads.

London could too if they chose.

Fixture rigging is allowed.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down