The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have the British Public finally caught on????

5 posters

Go down

Have the British Public finally caught on???? Empty Have the British Public finally caught on????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 2:27 pm

In fairness to Frank warren there shouldn't be a better time to introduce Boxnation.......After all there are World title fights on tap over here...British prospects galore and as we see in other sports when a Country is good at something (or perceived to be )....lot's of fans will start to follow!!!

With the British success of late there should be MORE FANS!!! and more to buy Boxnation..

When the American team won the gymnastics in the States in 84 thousands got interested in it (ratings went up!!)..same with cycling over here and cricket etc....Success resonates and draws interest!!!

However that isn't the case with Brit Boxing and my guess is that finally the public ignores the British resurgence in the last ten or so years because they realise World titles in the main mean nothing and SPORT has to mean SOMETHING!! to all involved...

There is room for a Boxnation network but that time has passed....80s and 90s titles meant something and were considered a huge achievement....

But I think the Public has finally caught on!!!! and good luck to them...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Have the British Public finally caught on???? Empty Re: Have the British Public finally caught on????

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat 09 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

The channel needs to launch via preview to attract a bigger audience. Sky, Virgin are minority channels.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Have the British Public finally caught on???? Empty Re: Have the British Public finally caught on????

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 09 Jun 2012, 10:13 pm

I am not so sure about that but I think the press has stopped publicising boxing as it used to in the 90's. Nowadays a heavyweight title contest does not even make back page news.

Haye did his bit to raise boxing's profile but on the whole people respond to what is making news or what everyone is talking about or what people can get behind in terms of public backing like football and rugby.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:12 pm

Tumbleweed

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 12:19 am

people having got through away income any more, reguardless of quality, especially with the wonders of the web all free at your finger tips. hdmi cable and your in buisness.....

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 12:43 am

Nothing beats "live" though....

I buy the recession...but I don't buy with a so-called thriving British scene...

Why there isn't more Boxing fans here...

Unless people have caught on.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

it is getting a bit more popular, many of my mates now watch some boxing who didnt a year ago, but none of them actually follow it properly.

5.30am starts on "mega fights" isnt going to keep them awake though.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:59 pm

Tumbleweed

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down