The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sting

+2
Adam D
Mort
6 posters

Go down

Sting Empty Sting

Post by Mort Tue 05 Jun 2012, 3:00 pm

So at Slammiversary on Sunday night, Sting will return to take on TNA Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode for the title.

Sting has been in and out of wrestling for the past few years but is still one of the most popular wrestlers on the roster and I've no doubt he would be a very popular winner but I'm not sure if this would be the best thing for TNA.

Bobby Roode's title reign has been one of the best things in wrestling for a while. It began with a heel turn on long term partner James Storm and his initial defences centered on his ability to sneak wins by a variety of sneaky ways but more recently he has picked up clean wins over Hardy, RVD and AJ cementing his position as the most dominant TNA Champion in history. Added to the fact that he has now overtaken AJ's record as longest title reign, he really shouldn't be losing to a 53 year old part-timer.

Sting's most recent title wins came when he was returning to knock some sense into younger wrestlers.

There was his defeat of Samoa Joe just before Sting joined Main Event Mafia as he wanted the younger stars to show some respect to the oldies.

After Hogan and Bischoff arrived and had Jeff Hardy as champion, it was once again up to Sting to make a dream return to put Hardy to the sword and win the title.

After Mr Anderson defeated Sting for the title he turned into the "insane icon" and once again was able to recapture the belt from a now up himself Anderson.

All this points to the fact that Sting will return to put Bobby Roode in his place and end his world record reign.

TNA are at an important junction. The can have Sting win the title or they can have Roode defeat him clean to put Roode over so much. Dixie has spoken about logical booking and taking stories to their natural conclusion. For me, I think the natural conclusion is to see James Storm finally defeat Roode but not until Bound For Glory.

If Sting does win, I think this will see TNA having taken 2 steps forward in the past year, take three back.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Sting Empty Re: Sting

Post by Adam D Tue 05 Jun 2012, 3:09 pm

I really cant see Sting winning this.

I also think you have hit the nail on the head that Roode will hold the belt until Storm returns to win it - that is sensible booking (and good long term booking).

Sting is a good name to have in the title scene to add credibility and legitimacy to Roodes reign. Which will eventually make Storms win all that more impressive.

But then again, this IS TNA!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Tue 05 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

Adam D

If Sting is brought back to add more credibility to Roode's title reign and Storm's subsequent victory then all is good and it will have been a good bit of booking.

Long term it could also add value as others could get annoyed that Sting gets a title shot unmerited and could lead to feuds with the likes of Bully Ray, Crimson etc who feel that they have been overlooked in favour of an ageing star.

If done well, this could work well for TNA.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 05 Jun 2012, 6:07 pm

Give him a run in the WWE.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 05 Jun 2012, 6:47 pm

I really do think that Hogan & Eric would have learnt from last time round with your examples there, the booking team are slowly getting there and has improved in the past couple of months, with some half decent multiple storylines, something which WWE is lacking at the moment.

Roode will get the win over Sting, probably cleanly too, they've built him up so well since November and did make quite a deal over the fact that he has longest title reign in their history so he won't throw it all away at his very next title defence, It's all there to cerment Bobby at the very top of TNA!

By the way what has happend to James Storm, is he injured?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 05 Jun 2012, 6:56 pm

In storyline, James Storm is taking a break from Wrestling having become disillusioned with the way he lost at Lockdown.

Don't be too surprised if there is a surprise run in to save a beatdown at the end of tonights show though!

He is billed on the UK tour in January so I guess he will find his smile soon!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 05 Jun 2012, 7:20 pm

makes sense to me for Sting - one of the biggest icons in the wrestling business for the past two decades - to put over Roode as the greatest TNA champion of all time and cement his title reign ready for Storm getting the big rub once he finally gets the victory. Let's just hope TNA (and Sting) see it that way!!!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:28 pm

I absolutely love Sting, but even I can't see him winning the title...not having just made his latest comeback and with Storm still lurking in the background.

Agree with the above comments that it just wouldn't make sense in the long term. I reckon it'll be a repeat of their Victory Road match last year. It should be a dirty win for Roode to keep the heat on him and allow Sting to retain his credibility through being cheated.

I'm glad TNA are keeping guys like Sting, RVD and Angle on their roster as they have that star quality that immediately makes matches more interesting, but they need to use them to get guys like Roode, Storm and Crimson over.

On a side topic they REALLY need to figure out a way to get Matt Morgan and Robbie T in a feud. Wink

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down