The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion about TPs

4 posters

Go down

What do you think?

Suggestion about TPs Vote_lcap83%Suggestion about TPs Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 5 ]
Suggestion about TPs Vote_lcap17%Suggestion about TPs Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Suggestion about TPs Empty Suggestion about TPs

Post by Adam D Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 pm

I have been talking to Nando and Tooze about the TPs and the way they work. At the moment its like this:

You have 2 TPs a day. You publicly give an offer and a reason why x should join.
The lawyers come back and tell you if are successful. If you are not, then someone else can bid.

However, one of the great things about wrestling is when there is a surprise return that no one knows about. So my suggestion for how TPs could work is this.

Everyday, you submit your TPs to nando/ tooze via PM along with the reason. Once again they decide if it is accepted. If two people on the same day submit, they decide on the best offer (if any).

The TPs are never revealed, so if you want someone, you have to make sure you get in first.

If you are successful, the person is added to your roster as TP1, TP2 etc and the money deducted. The name of the person is only revealed when you are ready.

If someone subsequently bids after you have secretly signed them, then that persons TP is rejected due to "already being signed" and the TP is wasted for the day.

For me, this method allows for some great surprises as the fed goes on.

I would really think it would add things to the system and stroytelling.

What do the twelve participants think?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Suggestion about TPs Empty Re: Suggestion about TPs

Post by Adam D Thu May 31, 2012 10:50 pm

just to confirm, it makes no difference when you submit your TPs for the day as the guys look at them all at the same time. If two for the same person are submitted, they weigh up the best offer for that day.

as no one knows who has bid for who, it should be really easy to weigh up the best offer.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu May 31, 2012 11:13 pm

It's a good idea, but would it really be worth keeping it secret that one of us has signed Chris Kanyon (for example)?

And wouldn't we have to put our wrestler/transfer details on our page?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu May 31, 2012 11:31 pm

Keep it the way it is, I like the bidding wars! Plus when you're looking at bringing in lower names it makes no difference.

Also I like reading the reasons that people give for why a person should join.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:19 am

Marky wrote:It's a good idea, but would it really be worth keeping it secret that one of us has signed Chris Kanyon (for example)?

And wouldn't we have to put our wrestler/transfer details on our page?

Its up to you if you reveal it. If you dont want to, its put up as mystery TP until you reveal.

This is supposed to be a true life management game - in reality, names arent put out to tender, its done privately behind closed doors.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Right looking at both sides of the case, I would be happy at the following. I just hope I don't get shot down in flames for this suggestion.

TP's open at 12:00am and shut at 8pm that very day. The window is then only opened from 12am the following day. You are not allowed to submit your bids for your next day targets after 8pm. You must wait until the next day!

TP's can remain a secret if you are the first bidder and the name is pm'ed to WWA. but must still be displayed in the TP's section and the wrestler must be names as "TP Secret 1, TP Secret 2". If a second bidder bids who happens to bid on your secret bid, then your bid has to be releaved otherwise the second bidder or however many more there are will not know the reasons as to why their bids were rejected.

If a GM is successful at brining in a secret TP, It is up to them if they want to keep their TP a secret but must include their TP on their roster sheets, under a name of something like TP Secret 1. Once the show had been posted GM's must change the name of their secret TP to the name of the actual wrestler they have purchased.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down