The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beast Mtawarira incredible strength

+11
George Carlin
damage_13
Majestic83
wales606
Rory_Gallagher
rodders
Geordie
sugarNspikes
yappysnap
profitius
Biltong
15 posters

Go down

Beast Mtawarira incredible strength Empty Beast Mtawarira incredible strength

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 7:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=DhskvFHeb6Y

Hoists Anton Bresler to receive a kick off where Bresler over reaches, and could have potentially fallen on his head.

Nice to see the other team helping Beast bring him down safely before turning it into a maul.

EDIT: this probably should be in general or club section actually

Back to top Go down

Beast Mtawarira incredible strength Empty Re: Beast Mtawarira incredible strength

Post by Biltong Wed 30 May 2012, 7:36 pm

I loved it when Joel Stransky quipped to Matfield that at his age they won't be able to do that
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Beast Mtawarira incredible strength Empty Re: Beast Mtawarira incredible strength

Post by profitius Wed 30 May 2012, 7:38 pm

John Hayes used to do it easily. I'd say most props can do it.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 30 May 2012, 7:47 pm

Haymen was a legend for the one man lift

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Wed 30 May 2012, 7:51 pm

He lands on his shoulders and he steadies him by holding the shirt.

It's good balance and technique and also fortunate that Bresler wasn't injured, but I wouldn't say it was an example of great strength for a prop.

Now if Shane had done it...

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 30 May 2012, 8:01 pm

Im not a fan of him remotely...but give him some credit, he did well to keep hold of the guy and keep him up...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 30 May 2012, 8:02 pm

Well I'm impressed anyways Shocked ... tough crowd.... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 30 May 2012, 8:07 pm

profitius wrote:John Hayes used to do it easily. I'd say most props can do it.

Can't say I have ever seen Hayes do that.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Wed 30 May 2012, 8:12 pm

rodders wrote:Well I'm impressed anyways Shocked ... tough crowd.... Whistle
Laugh Next time I want him to do it with one arm while doing a robot dance with his other one.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 30 May 2012, 8:29 pm

Will it help if I tell you he did it twice in that match?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 30 May 2012, 8:35 pm

biltongbek wrote:Will it help if I tell you he did it twice in that match?

Yep, both are here http://www.rugbydump.com/2012/05/2610/the-beasts-power-saves-anton-bresler-from-disaster-twice

the second isn't as impressive.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Wed 30 May 2012, 8:37 pm

It makes me think Bresler is a bit of a lunatic! Shocked

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 30 May 2012, 8:44 pm

sugarNspikes wrote:
It makes me think Bresler is a bit of a lunatic! Shocked
Its called trusting your teammates Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Wed 30 May 2012, 10:09 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
profitius wrote:John Hayes used to do it easily. I'd say most props can do it.

Can't say I have ever seen Hayes do that.

He used to do it all the time.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Thu 31 May 2012, 8:56 am

It is good strength not to drop him but it is also bad lifting technique by the beast. Something the sharks coaches will need to work on with him or else he won't get so lucky and will drop one of his players.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Thu 31 May 2012, 11:02 am

maybe 'Beast' should join a circus instead (now that the Boks are no longer one without PDivvy). An average player who gained notoriety thanks to his illegal boring technique.

This would've been far more amusing had he grabbed bresler by the pants

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 31 May 2012, 11:04 am

The only thing that Alan Jacobson could lower gently to the ground would be his 19th pint of McEwans.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 31 May 2012, 11:06 am

The 'Beast' saved Bresler by his shorts. That is kind of funny.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Thu 31 May 2012, 12:11 pm

damage_13 wrote:maybe 'Beast' should join a circus instead (now that the Boks are no longer one without PDivvy). An average player who gained notoriety thanks to his illegal boring technique.

blah blah blah blah , Vickery was destroyed Lions lost period get over it !
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by gimp Thu 31 May 2012, 12:14 pm

George North could do that with Matt Dunning.

gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Thu 31 May 2012, 1:07 pm

Bullsbok wrote:

not in the third test he wasn't, and the beast had no luck vs A.Jones.

It was good tactics by the Boks and they were lucky to get away with it.

The second test was close and SA were whipped in the third test as badly as we were in the first.

I am not re-fighting one-eyed one-upmanship, rugby won when the Lions Played SA, but it doesn't change facts, the 'Beast' was average with an illegal technique.

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 31 May 2012, 1:29 pm

damage_13 wrote:maybe 'Beast' should join a circus instead (now that the Boks are no longer one without PDivvy). An average player who gained notoriety thanks to his illegal boring technique.

The first player ever, eh?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Thu 31 May 2012, 2:13 pm

first? where did I mention that. I merely allude to the hype that built up around him and subsequently after the first Lions test.

My annoyance stems from how the Lions failed to deal with this during the game, I felt for Vickery and he was unfairly vilified. The 2nd and 3rd tests were brilliant rugby and things might have been different but for a moment of madness by O'Gara.

still, back on topic.

the BBC and telegraph described it as a Clean Jerk, but did he squad when doing so? else the poor sod he was holding wouldve eaten the turf and the Beast could've been the first player in Rugby History to be cited for a Reverse Spear Very Happy

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 31 May 2012, 2:18 pm

well, by the dismissive nature of his talent and hinting that the only way he could dominate the Lions was by way of scrumming illegally, I naturally assumed you have ever seen any other props scrum illegal.Beast Mtawarira incredible strength Idunno10
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 31 May 2012, 2:19 pm

Beast Mtawarira incredible strength Idunno10

Your obsessed Biltong.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 31 May 2012, 2:27 pm

Beast Mtawarira incredible strength Idunno10

huh?

Beast Mtawarira incredible strength Roflbl10
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Thu 31 May 2012, 2:39 pm

I think he meant the smilies.

And yes, I was being dissmisive of his 'talents' as thats the ONLY way Mtawarira 'dominated' the lions.

The only other time I can think of where I have seen domination via the scrum attributed to one prop at international level was Sheridan vs Australia, but that wasn't via illegal binding/boring.

I should note however that i have seen little of Mtawarira playing at club level, but his rep at international level ..

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Thu 31 May 2012, 2:46 pm

I seem to remember the Lions dominated the scrum when they made the changes.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 31 May 2012, 2:56 pm

Just to break the tension in this thread, I have interrupted it to insert the new 'monkey' smiley, which surely is the greatest thing since the legendary Facepalm: monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gimp Thu 31 May 2012, 2:56 pm

George Carlin wrote:Just to break the tension in this thread, I have interrupted it to insert the new 'monkey' smiley, which surely is the greatest thing since the legendary Facepalm: monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey

I like the George Carlin global warming joke.

gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 31 May 2012, 3:07 pm

damage_13 wrote:I think he meant the smilies.

And yes, I was being dissmisive of his 'talents' as thats the ONLY way Mtawarira 'dominated' the lions.

The only other time I can think of where I have seen domination via the scrum attributed to one prop at international level was Sheridan vs Australia, but that wasn't via illegal binding/boring.

I should note however that i have seen little of Mtawarira playing at club level, but his rep at international level ..
I suppose we will have to see what happens in the test series then, eh?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu 31 May 2012, 4:17 pm

That you tube clip looks very impressive. Although I was surprised to see that its happened a number of times with 'beast'.
Again in the same match and then again when it looks like he is in a springbok jersey.
I would suggest that while he has maintained control of the person he is lifting that the partnership may have poor technique for finding themselves upended like that in the 1st place.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 31 May 2012, 4:26 pm

I agree their positioning from the outset is too flat, so any kick over their heads can cause the situation where Breslser jumps up and then "bananas" backward, it is difficult for a prop to control that though, Bresler should have a method of communication with Beast to step back, then this won't happen
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Thu 31 May 2012, 4:31 pm

damage_13 wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:

not in the third test he wasn't, and the beast had no luck vs A.Jones.

It was good tactics by the Boks and they were lucky to get away with it.

The second test was close and SA were whipped in the third test as badly as we were in the first.

I am not re-fighting one-eyed one-upmanship, rugby won when the Lions Played SA, but it doesn't change facts, the 'Beast' was average with an illegal technique.

he's a fun fact for you , illegal or not he got away with it .End of damned story this constant whinging bores me to death,do you see me bringing up Lions tactics to urine off Bakkies to get him sent off? or the countless cheap shots from the Lions ? NO its history let it be
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down