The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the Andre Dirrell????

+6
no-mas
bellchees
Josef K.
Union Cane
Valero's Conscience
Seanusarrilius
10 posters

Go down

What the Andre Dirrell???? Empty What the Andre Dirrell????

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon May 28, 2012 10:25 am

He is not injured anymore, right? Yet for 2 years he has only had 2 fights. Hasn't got another one set and hasn't fought since December. Has no promoter (or is going to Mayweathers stable?), how is he even surviving financially?

Sick of people talking baout whether he is 2 or 3 in division when he is wasting his prime years in a self enforced exile.

Get in the ring man!

Andy Lee fought in his Detroit Gym just to get a fight before Junior was made.

Dirrell is becoming a wasted talent.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

What the Andre Dirrell???? Empty Re: What the Andre Dirrell????

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon May 28, 2012 10:29 am

Huge waste of talent. He doesn't seem to have his heart set in boxing.

He seems heavily linked with Mayweather so may be getting compensated by him to pay his way but what a waste.

I'm not fond of Dirrel because of his spoiler antics against Froch and his antics in the Abraham fight but I can't deny he has great talent.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon May 28, 2012 10:30 am

Didn't he suffer from an "unspecified neurological condition" after getting clonked by Abraham?

I thought he was putting it on at the time but it has clearly affected him in a major way, perhaps his heart (or mind) is just not in it any more.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon May 28, 2012 10:31 am

Valero's Conscience wrote:Huge waste of talent. He doesn't seem to have his heart set in boxing.

He seems heavily linked with Mayweather so may be getting compensated by him to pay his way but what a waste.

I'm not fond of Dirrel because of his spoiler antics against Froch and his antics in the Abraham fight but I can't deny he has great talent.

Very talented, but lacks heart at times. Against AA he was being walked down late (I know he was outboxing him early) and I honestly think was about to be KO'd. Rememebr he suffered a heavy Knockdown in that fight that was ignored.

Looked great in comeback, but needs to spend less time tweeting and more time boxing. Now his bro is in hospital he is probably even more distracted.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon May 28, 2012 10:32 am

Union Cane wrote:Didn't he suffer from an "unspecified neurological condition" after getting clonked by Abraham?

I thought he was putting it on at the time but it has clearly affected him in a major way, perhaps his heart (or mind) is just not in it any more.

He has fought since tho, so should be behind him.

He was moanign about tv dates before, but he has to fight. Been 6 months and nothing set. Is he going to wait for the next MAyweather PPV undercard in 2026?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Mon May 28, 2012 10:57 am

Obviously been taking his business lessons from the same school as Winky Wright

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon May 28, 2012 11:35 am

Josef K. wrote:Obviously been taking his business lessons from the same school as Winky Wright

Haha, Winky.

At least he had a career first. Dirrell has not

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon May 28, 2012 12:23 pm

He's quickly going to find himself in the who needs 'em club. To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing him in that club as he just comes across as a bit of a tool really.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon May 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Didn't he suffer from an "unspecified neurological condition" after getting clonked by Abraham?

He was moanign about tv dates before, but he has to fight. Been 6 months and nothing set. Is he going to wait for the next MAyweather PPV undercard in 2026?

Personally Sean mate I couldn't care less about Direll, after his stinker against Froch, his Oscar winning performance against AA (still find it amusing his team doctor said he may have a bleed on the brain yet he's walking around the dressing room rather than being rushed to hospital) then he had a neurological issue which conveniently meant he missed a match with his bestest bud, sorry mate he's hardly the saviour of boxing we desperately need back, plus he is/ was with Gary shaw, that's enough reason alone to dislike the man

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon May 28, 2012 12:41 pm

no-mas wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

Personally Sean mate I couldn't care less about Direll, after his stinker against Froch, his Oscar winning performance against AA (still find it amusing his team doctor said he may have a bleed on the brain yet he's walking around the dressing room rather than being rushed to hospital) then he had a neurological issue which conveniently meant he missed a match with his bestest bud, sorry mate he's hardly the saviour of boxing we desperately need back, plus he is/ was with Gary shaw, that's enough reason alone to dislike the man

Ha, fair enough. If he was crowd pleasing I think we'd miss him more. But man, what a shamobolic career he isn't putting together

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon May 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
no-mas wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

Ha, fair enough. IF he was crowd pleasing Ithink we'd miss him more. But man, what a shamobolic career he isn't putting together

Very true mate but it's bad when your best win was via DQ

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Mon May 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Josef K. wrote:Obviously been taking his business lessons from the same school as Winky Wright

Haha, Winky.

At least he had a career first. Dirrell has not

Haha, correct my man! What on earth is he thinking!?

He doesn't seem like a particularly nice character, thought his Tweet regarding Bute was petty too. I hope he was drunk.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 28, 2012 12:45 pm

AA is a massive puncher. Dirrell was unprepared for that punch when he got clocked. I don't think he was acting. Even if he was, it was an instant DQ act by AA.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon May 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Didnt he have a motorbike accident?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 28, 2012 12:55 pm

His brother did.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon May 28, 2012 12:58 pm

azania wrote:AA is a massive puncher. Dirrell was unprepared for that punch when he got clocked. I don't think he was acting. Even if he was, it was an instant DQ act by AA.

I agree az mate it was a DQ but it was an act IMHO. But there was also a KD in AAs favour the ref called a slip, there was a point in the match AA cornered Dirrell and began to unload when the ref stepped in and seperated them, remember screaming at the screen! That was a master class in home town reffing

Also shah it was his brother who had the crash

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 28, 2012 1:01 pm

I dont think it was an act. It kept him out of the ring for over a year. No income also.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon May 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Was terrible refereeing in the Abraham fight, a clear DQ but also a clear bit of acting from Dirrell too. I don't condone Abrahams actions but he must have been hugely frustrated at both the tactics of Dirrell and the referee allowing him to do it.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon May 28, 2012 1:11 pm

think people hav been to harsh on andre in the past. he clearly beat froch and showed everyone the way to beat abraham. dont forget he was massive underdog goin into both fights. his spoiling tactics wouldnt be moaned about half as much if it wasnt for the fact nobody can lay a glove on him. hes the fastest most elusive smw goin and the only guy id give half a chance of beating ward right now. his career has massively stalled and its a shame. if mayweathers career had been as badly managed as andres maybe he would be known as a faint hearted spoiler too.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon May 28, 2012 1:13 pm

azania wrote:I dont think it was an act. It kept him out of the ring for over a year. No income also.

Yeah but that year stopped him from fighting ward (coincidental!) plus he was making money being a sparring partner, he was groves for his degale match, but what convinces me it was an act (other than the bad acting) was how his brain injury healed after dropping out of the S6 and his inconsistent answers when questioned about his condition, didn't he even give a random Drs name in an interview?

I'm with imperial, shocking reffing and not to condone what AA did but like imperial said he was frustrated due to Dirrell "slipping" everytime AA cornered him, he should have had points docked for the amount of times he "slipped"

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 28, 2012 1:14 pm

Lance wrote:think people hav been to harsh on andre in the past. he clearly beat froch and showed everyone the way to beat abraham. dont forget he was massive underdog goin into both fights. his spoiling tactics wouldnt be moaned about half as much if it wasnt for the fact nobody can lay a glove on him. hes the fastest most elusive smw goin and the only guy id give half a chance of beating ward right now. his career has massively stalled and its a shame. if mayweathers career had been as badly managed as andres maybe he would be known as a faint hearted spoiler too.

That's a very good point. When Hopkins employs spoiling tactics (always) he gets praise for being a wily veteran by those who like him. When Andre does he gets criticised by many of those who appreciate Hopkins doing it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon May 28, 2012 1:16 pm

no-mas wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
no-mas wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

Ha, fair enough. IF he was crowd pleasing Ithink we'd miss him more. But man, what a shamobolic career he isn't putting together

Very true mate but it's bad when your best win was via DQ

Very true.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon May 28, 2012 1:17 pm

Lance wrote:think people hav been to harsh on andre in the past. he clearly beat froch and showed everyone the way to beat abraham. dont forget he was massive underdog goin into both fights. his spoiling tactics wouldnt be moaned about half as much if it wasnt for the fact nobody can lay a glove on him. hes the fastest most elusive smw goin and the only guy id give half a chance of beating ward right now. his career has massively stalled and its a shame. if mayweathers career had been as badly managed as andres maybe he would be known as a faint hearted spoiler too.

Sorry I don't agree with he clearly beat froch, people who side with Dirrell say he outlanded froch and made him miss, when the stats came out he only outlanded froch by 2% hardly outclassing him and then when you factor in aggression and ring control they were frochs for majority of the fight. It was close no doubt but I had froch the winner

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 28, 2012 1:18 pm

no-mas wrote:
azania wrote:I dont think it was an act. It kept him out of the ring for over a year. No income also.

Yeah but that year stopped him from fighting ward (coincidental!) plus he was making money being a sparring partner, he was groves for his degale match, but what convinces me it was an act (other than the bad acting) was how his brain injury healed after dropping out of the S6 and his inconsistent answers when questioned about his condition, didn't he even give a random Drs name in an interview?

I'm with imperial, shocking reffing and not to condone what AA did but like imperial said he was frustrated due to Dirrell "slipping" everytime AA cornered him, he should have had points docked for the amount of times he "slipped"

I doubt he would turn down $500k to avoid Ward, unless Team Ward paid him off. Sparring partners get paid a pittance compared to what Andre would have earned had he been able to continue.

Ike Ibeabuchi didn't get knocked out or staggered by Tua, but many assume with authority that the punches he took had a psychological effect on his subsequent behaviour.

Because of economics, I'd give Andre the benefit of the doubt. But there was no bleeding in the brain otherwise he would be retired.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon May 28, 2012 1:22 pm

azania wrote:

That's a very good point. When Hopkins employs spoiling tactics (always) he gets praise for being a wily veteran by those who like him. When Andre does he gets criticised by many of those who appreciate Hopkins doing it.

He is a thousand years old, and he gets as much crap for it as he does praise.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Mon May 28, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 28, 2012 1:23 pm

True. At least he's younger than Windy was.

Dirrell get no praise though.

Last edited by azania on Mon May 28, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon May 28, 2012 1:24 pm

azania wrote:
no-mas wrote:

I doubt he would turn down $500k to avoid Ward, unless Team Ward paid him off. Sparring partners get paid a pittance compared to what Andre would have earned had he been able to continue.

Ike Ibeabuchi didn't get knocked out or staggered by Tua, but many assume with authority that the punches he took had a psychological effect on his subsequent behaviour.

Because of economics, I'd give Andre the benefit of the doubt. But there was no bleeding in the brain otherwise he would be retired.

And it is a fair way to be Az, however too many inconsistencies in his story and the magically healed injury after the ward fight went to the way side leaves me with suspision

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 28, 2012 1:26 pm

The excuses are silly. Can't defend that. I just think that he is not foolish enough to turn down $500k just to keep up an act. This is boxing where the ridiculous is the norm.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down