The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamie Moore comeback.

+9
Fists of Fury
Rowley
Daz
Mind the windows Tino.
Soldier_Of_Fortune
EdWoodjr
TRUSSMAN66
Seanusarrilius
hampo17
13 posters

Go down

Jamie Moore comeback. Empty Jamie Moore comeback.

Post by hampo17 Thu 24 May 2012, 8:06 pm

Just seen this on twitter, actually disappointed he's coming back, a good domestic fighter but i thought he retired because of issues with a brain scan?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jamie Moore comeback. Empty Re: Jamie Moore comeback.

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 24 May 2012, 8:14 pm

Jeez. This is sad news. I thought he was in with the Sky crew and looking to make a life after boxing. Come on Jamie, don't become a Journeyman

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 24 May 2012, 8:18 pm

Guy wasn't much good to begin with....lot's of heart though...

After such a long layoff and a spanking or two...

Well just forget it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Thu 24 May 2012, 8:37 pm

If Ruddock can come back at 48 then anything's possible

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 24 May 2012, 8:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Guy wasn't much good to begin with....lot's of heart though...

After such a long layoff and a spanking or two...

Well just forget it...

All i think when fighter slike Moore come back is, is it worth it to potentially become punch drunk - answer is obvious to everyone except them, sadsly. Not judging, boxing was his life.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 25 May 2012, 10:34 am

One of my favourite fighters a few years ago. Had a few wars but should have really moved up rather then stayed at light middle. I think making the weight effected him in the ring and took a few too many flush shots whlist being weak. Rhodes fight being an example.

I felt he a short window to pick up a World title but it never materialised.

Its obvious he still loves boxing and training due to his little excursions to gyms around the country on Ringside.

I really hope he doesn’t come back. He looks shot in his last fight against a journyman middleweight.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 May 2012, 10:39 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Its obvious he still loves boxing and training due to his little excursions to gyms around the country on Ringside.

I think he has been excellent on Ringside and in the studio for fights. Him and Matthew Macklin have both impressed me for different reasons on Sky and it would be a great shame if he came back. He is never going to win a world title so what is the point? Sky obviously like him so he must be bringing in a salary so I am surprised he is considering it.

I would rather have Jamie Moore in the studio than Glenn McCrory.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 25 May 2012, 10:45 am

He does some good work in the Studio. Quite surprise he is coming back, he seemed to get out at exactly the right time. Disappointed.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 25 May 2012, 10:48 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

I think he has been excellent on Ringside and in the studio for fights. Him and Matthew Macklin have both impressed me for different reasons on Sky and it would be a great shame if he came back. He is never going to win a world title so what is the point? Sky obviously like him so he must be bringing in a salary so I am surprised he is considering it.

I would rather have Jamie Moore in the studio than Glenn McCrory.

Maybe Sky can convice Moore to stay out of the ring while putting McCrory back in it, anything to shut him up.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 May 2012, 10:48 am

Very disappointing news this, for a fighter who traded so much on his fitness, work rate and aggression one can only think this comeback will not have a happy ending. Really hope he reconsiders, whilst he was probably just short of world class there can have been few better value domestic fighters in recent years and his fights with Macklin and Rhodes are domestic classics. Would much prefer to remember him for those than what can only be an ill considered come back.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 May 2012, 10:54 am

hampo171 wrote:

Maybe Sky can convice Moore to stay out of the ring while putting McCrory back in it, anything to shut him up.

Laugh

I am not sure what it is with Glenn. I used to like him but I think he has got a bit too comfortable. He can be so belligerent and borderline aggressive these days. He also seems to want to have the contrary opinion half the time regardless of how silly it is. It is kind of like having Az in the studio.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 25 May 2012, 11:16 am

hampo171 wrote:

Laugh

I am not sure what it is with Glenn. I used to like him but I think he has got a bit too comfortable. He can be so belligerent and borderline aggressive these days. He also seems to want to have the contrary opinion half the time regardless of how silly it is. It is kind of like having Az in the studio.

Haha I wouldnt mind seeing him getting a pasting again.

Yer I've notice he always has to have a different opinion. Probably just a other cog in the Sky Sports Hype machine, as Gordy puts it.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 25 May 2012, 3:33 pm

Maybe we should ask Jabmachine If he's sparred with him lately...

before we pass judgement!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 25 May 2012, 3:45 pm

Laugh

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 25 May 2012, 3:56 pm

Perhaps hes seen the opportunities that the likes of Macklin, Murray, Barker etc have got recently and feels he could get the same. Seems strange that he would make a comeback when he appears to have a decent job on Sky to keep him going.

He looked pretty poor at his last outing before he retired and looked as though he just didnt have it anymore but I often wonder with those guys if the motivation just deserts them as much as anything else when they feel like that big chance is never going to come? With so many of the other British guys getting world title opportunities lately maybe its given him fresh motivation. At 34 though he doesnt have alot of time.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 25 May 2012, 4:54 pm

I don't think Moore should bother, he wasn't ever all that good - Euro level at best, and at 34 he is now I think too old to make any sort of an impact.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 25 May 2012, 5:31 pm

Remember watching his fight with Khomitski and being shocked by the lack of snap his punches had, he gassed badly as well having dominated the early rounds, taking that into account and his style it can only lead to disaster.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 25 May 2012, 8:27 pm

hampo171 wrote:

Laugh

Laugh That was Windy-esque!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down