The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Robinson likely to get his first cap vs Barbarians

+3
Liam
welshy6
maestegmafia
7 posters

Go down

Harry Robinson likely to get his first cap vs Barbarians Empty Harry Robinson likely to get his first cap vs Barbarians

Post by maestegmafia Sun 20 May 2012, 9:31 pm

Robinson is in contention to win his first Wales cap against the Barbarians next month and has an outside chance of making caretaker coach Robert Howley’s squad for the three-game tour to Australia this summer.

It’s been a remarkable rise for a player who was turning out for Cardiff Under-18s last season.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2012/05/19/little-man-harry-robinson-ready-to-make-his-mark-on-international-stage-91466-30998510/#ixzz1vRaSCDsW

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Harry Robinson likely to get his first cap vs Barbarians Empty Re: Harry Robinson likely to get his first cap vs Barbarians

Post by welshy6 Sun 20 May 2012, 9:39 pm

just wondering if this is going to be another tom prydie...
hasnt shown a huge amount in his few appearances for the blues, but there arent really any other wingers putting their hand up apart from maybe brew or williams, who are both in the squad.
but i trust the coaches!

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Harry Robinson likely to get his first cap vs Barbarians Empty Re: Harry Robinson likely to get his first cap vs Barbarians

Post by Liam Sun 20 May 2012, 9:50 pm

He's in the year above me and from what the rugby players in my year tell me he always looked a class above when in the younger ages groups. I know it doesn't count allot now but he has bags of talent from what I have seen of him personally.

What strikes me is his tackling ability. That's what's stood out when I have seen him, and despite what others believe, he is lightening fast, consistently one of the quickest for the Blues age groups.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 20 May 2012, 10:50 pm

martyr_94

Would be great to hear more from you, as you have insider info mate.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 21 May 2012, 9:27 am

I don't think he'll be another Prydie.
First of all it will be a lot easier to break into the Blues XV next year than it was for Prydie to break into the Ospreys with Shane and Tommy, not to mention Nikki Walker! And also he was selected because he's been showing great form for Cardiff and the 7's, Prydie was included because we didn't really have any options in sight and Gatt's had to blood some youngsters quick (indluding Kristian Phillips Erm )

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 21 May 2012, 10:41 am

His dad was a good player for our welsh secondary schools side in 1978 and he played against Australia and the 3 Ella brothers - The welsh schools team had a world class FB at the time who unfortunately never quite made the grade Whistle

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 21 May 2012, 11:00 am

Kristian Phillips had a lot of potential to be fair, it seemed the leap from club to Region was too big a step though.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 21 May 2012, 11:05 am

Munk - I'd still give the guy some time before writing him off. He was hyped up too much as a consequence of his speed. People like Robinson seem to have the power to go with the speed. There's a lot of talk about Szebo for Ireland but speed aside I don't think he offers much more. Finishing is one thing, creating is another - ask George thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 21 May 2012, 11:08 am

I actually thought Szebo was creating a lot against the O's to be fair

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 21 May 2012, 11:15 am

RubyGuby wrote:Munk - I'd still give the guy some time before writing him off. He was hyped up too much as a consequence of his speed. People like Robinson seem to have the power to go with the speed. There's a lot of talk about Szebo for Ireland but speed aside I don't think he offers much more. Finishing is one thing, creating is another - ask George thumbsup

Oh exactly, he was hyped up on Scrum V about 18 months ago alogn with Tavis.

He wasn't ready at the time and still has a long time to improve.

We seem to be a little like our Anglo neighbours media sometimes by hyping up young players far too early then crushing then when they don't achieve.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 21 May 2012, 11:19 am

We've always been like that Munk. Tavis is a very good player IMO and if he continues to develop he will be another great asset and a Glynneath boy as well thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 21 May 2012, 11:21 am

munkian wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Munk - I'd still give the guy some time before writing him off. He was hyped up too much as a consequence of his speed. People like Robinson seem to have the power to go with the speed. There's a lot of talk about Szebo for Ireland but speed aside I don't think he offers much more. Finishing is one thing, creating is another - ask George thumbsup

Oh exactly, he was hyped up on Scrum V about 18 months ago alogn with Tavis.

He wasn't ready at the time and still has a long time to improve.

We seem to be a little like our Anglo neighbours media sometimes by hyping up young players far too early then crushing then when they don't achieve.

In fact i think we are far worse at times

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 21 May 2012, 11:30 am

Its worse when the players believe the hype too. Like Courtney Lawes being told he was an 'ard man Very Happy

I've always liked Tavis - is he back from injury ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 21 May 2012, 11:35 am

Tav is back thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 21 May 2012, 4:38 pm

Should they really award caps for this match?

Back on topic - Robinson is really being hyped at the moment - I feel sorry for the lad.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 21 May 2012, 4:53 pm

It's up the WRU I guess, I personally haven't got an issue with it as it's a great send off for Nugget.

Also, Robinson seems a sensible, down to earth young man, and he's got the rest of the young Welsh players to keep him grounded.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 21 May 2012, 9:27 pm

I think Robinson has shown some good work this season. Fro the Blues and for Wales sevens, he looked great last season.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 22 May 2012, 9:12 am

LondonTiger wrote:Should they really award caps for this match?

Back on topic - Robinson is really being hyped at the moment - I feel sorry for the lad.

Don't try over-egging it Tiger, he's hardly been eulogised in the press over here and has a relatively low profile - You must be confusing him with that young Tigers "teen sensation" at outside half - Now that's hype. You feel sorry for him too thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down