The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury

+7
zx1234
eddyfightfan
Josef K.
Imperial Ghosty
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
hogey
azania
11 posters

Go down

Tyson Fury Empty Tyson Fury

Post by azania Sat 19 May 2012, 4:09 pm

Often the butt of many jokes. Who can forget the image of him nearly knocking himself out. But he did beat Chisora regardless of the shape Derek came in at. So the obvious question is; how far can and will he go?

azania

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury Empty Re: Tyson Fury

Post by hogey Sat 19 May 2012, 5:13 pm

He would not last 4 rounds against a well conditioned Chisora (who's conditioning was a disgrace to himself and the sport the night he lost to Fury) and will get destroyed when he fights any sort of decent opposition. To me he is the slimmer British version of Butterbean without the killer punch.
Mick Hennessy is a crafty bloke though and will keep milking the cash cow by feeding him clowns until the title shot comes along purely because there's no one else and then he will be humiliated by whatever brother holds the title.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 19 May 2012, 5:32 pm

Price is the better schooled fighter. But Price does have chin issues if his amateur days are anything to go by.

@hogey, by the time Fury is ready for a belt fight, both K brothers will be long gone.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sat 19 May 2012, 5:49 pm

Az, Fury will never be ready for a title shot, but he will get one as long Mick Hennessy manages to avoid him tangling with any fighters possessing talent or punch.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Sat 19 May 2012, 6:00 pm

Chisora has no power hogey so doubt he could KO fury, i am in the minority who thinks he would actually beat Price, who has come off wins against Dallas and McDermott and people are mentioning him in the same breath as the K's!!! Madness

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 19 May 2012, 6:02 pm

Who are these people mentioning him in the same breath as the brothers?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Sat 19 May 2012, 6:04 pm

Henessey's post fight interview after Rogan said it all. Completely non-committal and no mention of Price or a world contender. I can't see where Fury goes from here without being exposed. Seen as it doesn't look like he'll fight Price anytime soon, I'd like to see him take Pulev on.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sat 19 May 2012, 6:18 pm

Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:Chisora has no power hogey so doubt he could KO fury, i am in the minority who thinks he would actually beat Price, who has come off wins against Dallas and McDermott and people are mentioning him in the same breath as the K's!!! Madness

I agree that Chisora is not a massive puncher but he has respectable power, however it was clear even in the disgusting shape that he was in against Fury every time he landed cleanly Fury was rocking and a better conditioned Chisora would have stopped him fairly easily.
Price wrecks him inside of 3 rounds total mismatch.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 19 May 2012, 6:28 pm

I wonder if those who say Price would destroy Fury are saying that largely because they want that to happen or because they actually believe it. It seems that if you dislike boxer A, then boxer A is rubbish.

Price is green. Very green. Beating Dallas and Fat Mac is nothing to write home about. Price looks the better boxer, but who has he fought that has a chance of winning. Fury gets criticised for fighting hand picked fighters. But he fought Chisora and a better version of Fat Mac than Price did. Who has Price fought in the same calibre as Chisora.

That said, Fury has poor footwork and I expect that to be the reason why Price wins.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sat 19 May 2012, 6:59 pm

If you can not watch Fury and see just how bad he is mate then you need to go to specsavers he is awful in every department. He deserved his decision over Chisora but don't try and tell me he beat anything other than an out of shape disinterested bloke gutted because his title shot had fell through. Anything remotely like a motivated Chisora and he would be wiped out early because he is not even close to top level even in this terrible era.

Last edited by hogey on Sat 19 May 2012, 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 19 May 2012, 6:59 pm

I would say its more of a style match up, Price appears to have genuine technique and power which spells trouble for Fury.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 20 May 2012, 1:57 pm

i would say fury has beaten the better opposition than price, and has been on the floor and got up again, i have no idea how price would handle that, he hasnt had his chin tested yet so we could all be getting over excited. having said that price is has the much cleaner better technical skills. the only problem i see is not having the physical advantages he normally does might be a problem for price. still expect him to beat fury, but enjoy both boxers and think fury is more exciting to watch normally.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Sun 20 May 2012, 3:02 pm

I actually fancy fury to win this,

I think this match up might be like degale groves where price being the more skilled fighter but has never really had to come through adversity and like fury or not you can't deny he has good power and price's chin has never been tested as a pro.

Saying that with price - fury as with degale compared to groves i think price will have a better career than fury even if he loses

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 20 May 2012, 3:27 pm

Zx I suggest you take a look at last nights fight, Sexton is a very good euro level fighter and price wiped him out in four rounds without getting caught cleanly once. It would be a hard nights work for Fury, Prices jab last night was a thing of beauty and when he follows it with right hand there are few heavyweights who would be left standing.

Maloney will be looking for a step up now, they both admitted as much after the fight that it's pointless fighting domestically as your nearest rival ditched the belts rather than fight you, I think they'll look at someone like Helenius, got a gift against Chisora and would be handily beaten by Price for my money.

Prices chin isn't as bad as people make out, they showed a great clip from the McDermott fight last night were he got caught flush with a left hand which didn't even register, if he had a poor chin he'd have gone over when that landed instead he through the uppercut and put McDermott down.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 20 May 2012, 3:59 pm

Fury might have the edge in terms of opposition beaten to date - the Chisora win probably being the difference. But Price just looks better in every possible way from what I have seen from them far. More powerful, quicker, technically better, more agile, better hands, better feet, better variety etc. Could only see Price winning a potential fight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 20 May 2012, 4:01 pm

Prince wins all day long for me. He is a better Athlete, hits harder, and quicker than Fury. That being said I think Fury will make him work hard and would probably test his chin.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 20 May 2012, 4:10 pm

I'm sorry but take out chisora and price has as good a CV as fury has.

Fury might have been in with the better version of Big John but John was blitzed in 1 round whereas John could have easily got the decision vs Fury first time around.

Sexton isn't brilliant but is as good if not better than all of firtha, rogan, pajkic and page.

Fury got decked by pajkic who isn't a big puncher and was seriously hurt by a fat chisora in the 2nd round.

Price might e chinny but at least he knows how to keep his chin out of range. Price beat Dallas also meaning that he has better experiences against fighters who are as big as him as fury hasn't really fought as 6'4+ fighter

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 20 May 2012, 5:04 pm

thats the difference, you can at least say fury can take a punch and get back up price is untested. the right hand from big john was the only punch he landed, can take that as a chin test. at some point price will have to take a big punch- and we dont know how he will take it.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down