The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where does Chisora go if he loses?

+13
JabMachineMK2
OasisBFC
Union Cane
smashingstormcrow
Super D Boon
Rowley
Ronikara
lfc91
eddyfightfan
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Seanusarrilius
School Project
manos de piedra
17 posters

Go down

Where does Chisora go if he loses? Empty Where does Chisora go if he loses?

Post by manos de piedra Mon 14 May 2012, 8:25 pm

Apologies, its another thread involving Chisora. Just wondering what peoples thoughts on Chisoras options are if he loses?

I think its fairly to safe to say if Haye wins he will continue to call out Vitali, and if he loses he will probably be forced to disappear.

But if Chisora loses it leaves him in a position of effectively losing his last four meaningful fights ranging from domestic to world level. His relationship witht he BBBC will most likely be destroyed and if the loss is decisive his stock will be damaged aswell. Will domestic fighters like Price want to risk getting involved with him under strange Luxembourg licenced events that the BBBC take exception to? Can he continue to fight in Britain under this licence effectively? Will he try to go to Russia or the U.S to resurect his career? What is left out there for him if he suffers another defeat which would bring him to 15-4 record. How badly do you think it would effect his career?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Where does Chisora go if he loses? Empty Re: Where does Chisora go if he loses?

Post by School Project Mon 14 May 2012, 8:29 pm

Back to selling used cars in Croydon probably...

I'm not sure it should affect his stock because he would have gone out and lost against: A former World Champ, One of the most dominating World Champs (in a competitive match), was robbed against a hometown fighter and umm... Tyson Fury.

He could always fight out in the US and pick up some decent paydays against the likes of Chambers, Arreola or Mitchell.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 14 May 2012, 8:32 pm

Im not sure he would get a visa for the U.S.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 14 May 2012, 8:34 pm

Well he only lost 3 if he loses to Haye, cos the Helenius decision was a disgrace. But I see your point. He would fight Price if he could I think. He would look for way back. Odd career Del is having isn't it. He should ake plenty of money off this fight, as long as he doesn't go and do something stupid that gets him loadsa fines.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 14 May 2012, 9:28 pm

He will always get big fights. He is a name now, and outside Haye and the K Bro's he's got the mait buzz about him. He's a fighter and isnt afraid to take risk despite being the underdog.

If he loses, he wasn't the favourite so won't do too much. Rematch fury if fury wants it. He rocked fury in the 2nd desire being 20lbs his heavier than ever. He would beat him in a second fight. Price, Mitchell, huck, wilder, povetkin etc are all fighters that would see him as fringe world level and a gatekeeper to the elite

Losing to vitali and Haye isn't anything to be ashamed of and helenius was as bad a robbery as i've seen before. Only the fury loss will be a poor mark on his record

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 14 May 2012, 9:30 pm

i think he would be fine, on paper it looks bad but fury aside he probably has shown himself to be at least #5 in the world. i'd say the best performance against any klitchsko since lewis, he landed plenty, never looked hurt and kept coming forward 12 rounds. he beat helenius imo and i was gutted for him when he lost (predictibly) the decision against another top heavyweight contender. his show against fury was poor, but he hasnt looked like that in his last 2 against top opposition. he very nearly had fury out early, and it was his fitness that let him down very early in the fight. even then he proved his chin. he says he could train properly for that fight due to hernia, which makes sense. i think he could pick up wins over povetkin, mitchell, arreroa and price even if he loses to haye and get right back up there. he beats haye btw for me.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 14 May 2012, 9:43 pm

I kind of disagree. I think a loss will be bad for him. He will be a bit of a headache fighter. I think his past convictions will make it difficult for him to go to America and the licencing issues surrounding him will make him complicated to deal with for other fighters. After a losing streak that hes been on he wouldnt be a particularly attractive proposition for most ranked heavyweights. Hes still banned by the WBC aswell as far as I know.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 14 May 2012, 9:45 pm

Would like to see him back in with fury(and actually be in shape), quite a fan of fury, simply because he constantly lets himself get drawn into a sluggin match when he would be much safer at range! Makes for exciting fights though.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 14 May 2012, 9:53 pm

he does seem willing to do anything to get a fight though, he took on fury for his titles, went to norway and germany to fight top contenders and now is willing to box on a luxenbourgh licence. i think this situation with the board will blow over sooner or later.

harrison still managed a world title shot with his previous so i shouldnt affeaffect chisora that badly most people realised he isnt a pushover by any means

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 14 May 2012, 10:03 pm

Yeah but whats the incentive to fight Chisora, especially in the midst of a losing streak? He isnt ranked by any governing body or in Europe, his licencing issue is complicated, he doesnt really offer much. Beating him after hes lost his last four meaningful fight isnt going to advance a fighter far. I just cant see many top heavyweights out there being interested in taking him on. I think he would need to go back and get a few low key wins under his belt and try and attain some ranking status, but his present situation might make that difficult.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 14 May 2012, 10:12 pm

matt skelton and michael sprott both got fights recently, i think its more off beating a "name" than the record that matters in the hw division. and hw's wanting to fight a brit will probably look towards him instead of the likes of price of fury. his licence issues will hold him back if this isnt sorted but only time will tell on that front

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 14 May 2012, 10:19 pm

Yeah but the fights Skelton and Sprott are essentially just journeymen these days. I was talking more in relation to higher level opportunities for Chisora.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Tue 15 May 2012, 10:24 am

Chisora goes back into the domestic mix (assuming the BBBoC fiasco blows over). He would have possible fights against Fraudley, Mcdermott and possibly Price before looking to go back to European and World level. Maybe even a rematch with Fury who must be annoyed that having beaten Chisora convinicingly still isn't getting the credit he deserves. (Fury will be a world champion after the Klitschko's retire).

Another defeat wouldn't look great on Chisora's record but there is no disgrace in losing to a two weight former world champion like Haye. I actually think it will be quite an exciting fight with Chisora coming forward and Haye looking for the knockout so he can call out Vitali saying he did a better job on Chisora. Now that Haye will be taking on someone his size, I don't think he will be running away and I expect another fight like Barrett or Ruiz with Haye back to his explosive best.

For all the mouth that Haye gives, I think he has been stung by the sheer venom of the criticism that came his way after the Wlad fight from his own media and fans and he knows he won't be forgiven for another "boring" performance. He will know that needs a good showing to tempt Vitali into the ring with him and get the British public back on side.

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 15 May 2012, 11:00 am

It is a tricky question because the obvious answer would be to get himself back in the domestic mix, attempt to avenge the Fury loss and the Price fight looks attractive if he continues to win, however whatever the outcome of the ongoing BBBoC/Warren spat you have to think his situation post Haye is going to be a bit of a quagmire domestically.

For me when you cut away all the hype and BS that goes with him he has not actually done anywhere near enough to justify the column inches he seems to garner, because the fact remains the best win on his record is probably still Sexton, which is hardly any great shakes. Is genuinely hard to see where he goes if he loses because he brings a lot of hassle for negligible reward as you have to think a loss puts him well outside any realistic top fifteen.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 15 May 2012, 11:28 am

The answer to the question is quite simple. If he loses to Haye but loses a good barnstormer of a fight where he had his moments then he'll still be marketable at world level because despite his deateats he has shown he was competitive against 3 top ten heavy operators in Vitali, Helenius (he actually won that fight) and Haye. Lose badly and I fear Chisora's 15 minutes of notoriety are up! He'll be straight back to domestic level where he'll be fed as potential cannon fodder to the likes of David Price and any other half decent British heavy he hasn't already lost to. The prospect of a rematch with Sexton too. Not a lot else. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 15 May 2012, 11:35 am

rowley wrote:
For me when you cut away all the hype and BS that goes with him he has not actually done anywhere near enough to justify the column inches he seems to garner, because the fact remains the best win on his record is probably still Sexton, which is hardly any great shakes. Is genuinely hard to see where he goes if he loses because he brings a lot of hassle for negligible reward as you have to think a loss puts him well outside any realistic top fifteen.

Think I disagree Jeff. The thing with Chisora is he's achieved much more in defeat than he has in victory. After the Helenius fight he was seen as the de facto European Champion because he truly won the fight no matter what the judges thought. He gave Vitali his hardest test since Lennox. He remind me a bit of Golota in that respect. Golota's best work at heavyweight was in actual defeat to Riddick Bowe. If only the mad Pole could have kept his punches up. But on the back of those two defeats Golota got his shot at Lewis. Chisora and Golota a lot in common, both are missing something upsatirs.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 15 May 2012, 11:57 am

We'll have to disagree D, have not seen the Helenius fight so will not comment but enough people I respect have said he desperately unlucky to not get the nod so I'll accept that but am not too sure he deserves too much credit for the Vitali fight because whilst he has his moments there was not a second of the fight he looked like winning and given Vitali's advancing years my own view is he will not be the first to have success against him, still struggle to get the vision of him being chased round the ring by Fury for large portions of the fight, and as I have said many a time on here I really do not rate Fury

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Tue 15 May 2012, 12:19 pm

The Helenius/Klitschko/Haye fights have elevated Chisora to a world-level status, which he hasn't really earned - at least, not on paper. I am assuming he will lose to Haye, after which I think he will need to re-establish himself at domestic/Euro level before getting another shot at the big time.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 15 May 2012, 1:12 pm

he certainly is above domestic level, helenius was euro champ, but in reality he is probably #4 or #5 in the world. and rowley just for the record it was a clear loss that was much more than just a few close rounds going to the champ in his home town, chisora tirelessly worked the body from round 1 to 12 with hooks and through punchs in 5-6s. heleninus could hardly land on him due to chisoras head movement and from memory only really caught him in the 11th or 12th- even then chisora didnt look in any trouble.

and compare adamek to chisora who fought vitali. it does show he has some skills.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 15 May 2012, 1:15 pm

The Helenius fight appears to have been elevated to mythical proportions.

It was a close fight.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 15 May 2012, 1:19 pm

audley is on the comeback trail. it'd be a joke of a fight, but audley is a a chance for chisora to get winning again and make some cash.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 15 May 2012, 1:25 pm

Union Cane wrote:The Helenius fight appears to have been elevated to mythical proportions.

It was a close fight.

I had it 8 rounds to Chisora and I feel like I was harsh on him. Helenius got a gift that night.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 15 May 2012, 1:28 pm

Union Cane wrote:The Helenius fight appears to have been elevated to mythical proportions.

It was a close fight.

not in my opinion, it was on a par with pac man and marquez latest outing in my mind. fair enough if you saw it different but it was a criminal decision in my mind.

dont think chisora will fight harrison, he was quite harsh towarsds haye for taking that fight.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 15 May 2012, 1:32 pm

Watch it again (its in the career in video archive) and bear in mind "defence" when scoring it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 15 May 2012, 1:38 pm

rowley wrote:We'll have to disagree D, have not seen the Helenius fight so will not comment but enough people I respect have said he desperately unlucky to not get the nod so I'll accept that but am not too sure he deserves too much credit for the Vitali fight because whilst he has his moments there was not a second of the fight he looked like winning and given Vitali's advancing years my own view is he will not be the first to have success against him, still struggle to get the vision of him being chased round the ring by Fury for large portions of the fight, and as I have said many a time on here I really do not rate Fury

I aint saying it was a close fight between Chisora and Vitali but get this, Vitali had to ship some punishment in that fight, maybe not severe punishment however but at least he got caught a few times, mostly he breezes through barely taking a shot. The way Vitali was back pedalling through that fight suggests he got old that night or Chisora is a little bit better than we thought or a combination of both.

I genuinely think Del Boy has come on leaps and bounds ironically in defeat. Look past the Fury fight because he clearly was on cake in that fight. This Haye fight will be the making or undoing of Chisora. Unfortunately, probably the latter.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 15 May 2012, 1:40 pm

fair enough if you scored it closer, but i dont- helenius looked lost for the first 8 rounds and chisroa won it purely with body shots for me, and they were definetly getting through.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 15 May 2012, 1:43 pm

I said at the time that a lot of Chisora's shots were hitting the arms, it was the fact that Helenius's long girly hair was flicking around spraying sweat everywhere that made it appear that more were landing than actually were.

Just my opinion though, of course.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 15 May 2012, 1:48 pm

fair enough fights are objective, people see it different. i have to say though in a netural venue the decision goes to chisora 9 out of 10 times with fair judges. i think helenius is decent but his performance that night made him look very ordinary.

just checked the career in video section out- that is some great work to whoever set that up by the way.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 15 May 2012, 1:50 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:just checked the career in video section out- that is some great work to whoever set that up by the way.

Thanks.

I had Chisora winning by 2 points by the way, I just didn't think it was the Brinks-Mat-esque robbery that it has been made out to be.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 15 May 2012, 1:53 pm

It wont be that easy for Chisora to get back into the domestic scene though. He wont be able to fight for any titles or have any rankings there and if he does fight in Britain it will have to be under bizzare circumstances which will be outlawed by the BBBC. Not sure how that will end up panning out but for the moment its still a risk for fighters to be involved. Fury is on C5 and has already beaten him. Rematching him on the back of 4 losses probably wont be appealing. Price is on Sky and would have t risk being stripped of his domestic titles to face Chisora so not sure that would come off either.

I think he Chisora could have to rebuild in some small fights continentally and try to start over almost.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 15 May 2012, 1:55 pm

Prison

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 15 May 2012, 1:58 pm

i think he wont drop back down to british level, even if he lost to haye, one big win is all it takes in the hw division to get right back in there. mitchell, solis, povetkin, pulev would all do it. plus that way he avoids any board trouble.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 15 May 2012, 2:06 pm

Yeah but what is the incentive for these guys to fight Chisora were he to lose to Haye? He offers them nothing by way of advancing their career while he is in the midst of a big losing streak and facing problems with the BBBC. If you want an easy fight, there are easier out there than Chisora that carry less baggage. If you want a fight that puts you in the mix at the top Chisora wont do that while he has been beaten 4 times in the last two years. Im not sure the top level fights will continue to come his way if he keeps losing.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 May 2012, 2:31 pm

What's the incentive for Haye to fight Chisora now apart from money????

Lost his last three fights pretty much!!!

Then again I think Chisora should go on the apprentice having managed to resurrect his dying career by abusing and spitting on people!!!

But maybe not just yet.........after he's punched out in a boring Haye fight I think he should drive to a David Price press conference..and smash a bottle on his head...

So all the losers who are looking forward to this stinker can get orgasmic again.....

What a joke!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 15 May 2012, 4:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What's the incentive for Haye to fight Chisora now apart from money????

Lost his last three fights pretty much!!!

Then again I think Chisora should go on the apprentice having managed to resurrect his dying career by abusing and spitting on people!!!

But maybe not just yet.........after he's punched out in a boring Haye fight I think he should drive to a David Price press conference..and smash a bottle on his head...

So all the losers who are looking forward to this stinker can get orgasmic again.....

What a joke!!!!!

Steady oh chap. This coming from a bloke who's from a country that sanctions a mega money fight in Zaire, run by a ruthless dictator. Allows a convicted r-ist to fight for world titles and a wife beater is allowed to make millions before he goes to jail.

Stop taking the moral high ground it doesn't suit you!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Tue 15 May 2012, 6:30 pm

Would love to see a double knockout in the style of the Lenny Godber 'bout' from Porridge that was rigged by Harry Grout and Billy Moffat.
That way they both get what they deserved.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 May 2012, 6:37 pm

Why stop there super...........

When there is Vietnam, Iraq, Guantanimo and Iran-contra you could throw in too!!!

Dear oh dear.............All of which I no-doubt agreed with too...... Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 15 May 2012, 6:58 pm

Should Derek lose he will be firmly in the "who needs him category". Too risky for an un and comer or someone about to challenge for the title. He will have to do things the old way...ie fight his way up. But his personality will either ensure big viewing or total avoidance.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down