The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the chance of a Jeff/Rabo semi-final playoff being a sell-out.

+10
doctor_grey
Jenifer McLadyboy
formerly known as Sam
rugbyman
Cryptoyourisan
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Morgannwg
Brendan
BoyneRFC
Portnoy
14 posters

Go down

What's the chance of a Jeff/Rabo semi-final playoff being a sell-out. Empty What's the chance of a Jeff/Rabo semi-final playoff being a sell-out.

Post by Portnoy Fri 11 May 2012, 2:53 pm

And would that be a reasonable measure of interest in them?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

What's the chance of a Jeff/Rabo semi-final playoff being a sell-out. Empty Re: What's the chance of a Jeff/Rabo semi-final playoff being a sell-out.

Post by BoyneRFC Fri 11 May 2012, 2:55 pm

Leintser v Glasgow will be sold out, so the chances are pretty damn good.

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

What's the chance of a Jeff/Rabo semi-final playoff being a sell-out. Empty Re: What's the chance of a Jeff/Rabo semi-final playoff being a sell-out.

Post by Brendan Fri 11 May 2012, 2:59 pm

Portney I think the Rabo attendances are up by 6% this year and got the 1millionth spectator last weekend instead of the Final as it was last year.

Still not up to the Aviva but I bet the Aviva stadium will have the biggest attendance of the two.

The T14 still gets more out per game then the other two

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 11 May 2012, 3:00 pm

BoyneRFC wrote:Leintser v Glasgow will be sold out, so the chances are pretty damn good.

Can you quote a source for that Boyne? The Leinster site seems to impenetrable.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Fri 11 May 2012, 3:09 pm

I said it will be sold out. Many people get the last few on the match day.

I guess we will only know for sure at KO...

If there are seats left, it will be in the 100's rather than the 1,000's.

For example, I am a season ticket holder but I need to be in Rome for work this weekend.

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 11 May 2012, 3:09 pm

English teams have epically failed versus the Rabo teams in Europe yet again so here comes the attendance figure retort. Talk about desperation.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 11 May 2012, 3:22 pm

Morgannwg wrote:English teams have epically failed versus the Rabo teams in Europe yet again so here comes the attendance figure retort. Talk about desperation.

Chill out Morg, Portnoy's anti play-offs rather than anti-Rabo.

I understand Quins have sold out the Stoop, while Leics haven't sold out Welford Rd.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryptoyourisan Fri 11 May 2012, 3:25 pm

Morgannwg wrote:English teams have epically failed versus the Rabo teams in Europe yet again so here comes the attendance figure retort. Talk about desperation.

Apparently the Aviva Stadium won't be used, even if it's an all-Irish final. Farce.

Cryptoyourisan

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbyman Fri 11 May 2012, 3:27 pm

Morgannwg

English teams have not epically failed versus Rabo teams this year, of the 24 rabo vs aviva team matches there have been 12 wins for rabo teams and 12 for aviva teams (just worked that out myself so might possibly be off by a bit). Obviously Aviva teams haven't fared as well in the HEC as Rabo teams this year (can't really argue with that when you look at who was in the SFs), but they haven't exactly failed epically versus rabo teams. Also I'm pretty sure this thread wasn't a 'desperate' attempt to somehow make the AP look better.

rugbyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Fri 11 May 2012, 3:29 pm

As a rabo fan I am glad to see attendances have gone up by 6% with the bottom teams improving.

I will be disappointed if all the venues don't sell out. For a playoff it should be atleast 20k if the ground holds it

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 11 May 2012, 3:39 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:

Chill out Morg, Portnoy's anti play-offs rather than anti-Rabo.

I understand Quins have sold out the Stoop, while Leics haven't sold out Welford Rd.

Well as I understand any Prem play-off will be a sell-out, including the final at a stadium with a larger capacity.

I doubt Ospreys will sell-out. Munster and Leinster could, and they themselves could sell out the Aviva. Judging by the HC, Ulster would sell out their home ground too, but they have failed to make the Rabo play-offs. I assume RDS will be a sell out, it is for most of the year anyway.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 11 May 2012, 4:24 pm

Tigers sold 10k in the first 24 hours. That might well be down to the semi final not being included in the season ticket though. I think Sarries sent back a chunk of tickets (supposedly around a thousand which is a quarter of their allocation) but the ground is looking pretty packed on the Tigers ticket page. They'll be over 20k there comfortably but I don't know if they'll sell all 24k by Saturday.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 11 May 2012, 4:48 pm

RDS has a capacity of about 11000. I can't believe that won't be sold out in all conscience.

But the playoff semis aren't really a big draw are they?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 11 May 2012, 4:49 pm

(Slightly) on the subject of attendance, the (very nice) Press Officer at Quins has managed to find me a spot on the Press Bench for tomorrow on behalf of the v2Journal.

Yahoo
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 11 May 2012, 4:54 pm

So will it be a full Stoop Kiwi?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 May 2012, 4:57 pm

Portnoy wrote:RDS has a capacity of about 11000. I can't believe that won't be sold out in all conscience.

But the playoff semis aren't really a big draw are they?

RDS has a capacity of 18500 Expandable to 20000. They don't bother expanding it any more since Lansdowne rd reopened.

And I disagree with Boyne. I don't think it will sell out. Might not be far off though. It passed 14000 yesterday.

Lot of people will be saving their penneys for Twickers.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 May 2012, 5:01 pm

Cryptoyourisan wrote:

Apparently the Aviva Stadium won't be used, even if it's an all-Irish final. Farce.
TBH I don't think it is a farce. There will be 2 weeks to sell tickets and the HC final right in the middle. Soccer on the 26th in Lansdowne rd, so a lot of issues with staff and police etc, for a game that may not exceed the capacity of the RDS. Even if Munster do win tonight, and they would not be favourites to do so.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 11 May 2012, 5:18 pm

Portnoy wrote:So will it be a full Stoop Kiwi?

You can't buy tickets off the Quins website, and the last 4 matches I've covered at the Stoop have been sellouts so I think it's fairly likely it's a sellout.

Here's hoping its a good game

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 11 May 2012, 5:57 pm

Can't imagine The Stoop not being a sell out. Quins fans have been coming out and Saints fans travel well. Could have played this one at a stadium twice the capacity and it would sell.

I'd be surprised if Welford Road does not sell out as well. If they can fill the joint for mid season matches, this one will fill her up as well.

Just wondering, does anyone know what the average ticklet price is at each venue for these matches?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 11 May 2012, 6:02 pm

No discounts at WR from normal prices apart from ST holders who get ~5%.

Basically full price.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 May 2012, 6:06 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Just wondering, does anyone know what the average ticklet price is at each venue for these matches?
RDS Between 60 and 20 Juros for adults. Most of the remaining tickets would be 30 euro (£24) Unreserved uncovered stand.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 11 May 2012, 6:07 pm

Oh yeah. Season ticket holders had the option a few weeks to buy their normal seats at a 25% discount.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 11 May 2012, 8:00 pm

Jenifer,
Is the 20 - 60 Euro regular price? Or are they more expensive because these are playoff games? I took in one match at the RDS this season, but I can't remember what I paid.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Sat 12 May 2012, 8:58 pm

After seeing all but the Quins v Saints* match, no playoff semi is worth a capacity crowd. *Although I heard on the radio it wasn't.

That must be an issue for season ticket hawkers. Surely a fifty percent discount (at least) for a playoff game should be the minimum.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 12 May 2012, 9:05 pm

Welford Road was just over 20,000

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Sat 12 May 2012, 9:15 pm

At least for once nathan, the attendance can be judged on ticket sales.

So many times the publicised attendances include all pre-paid un-bummed ST seats.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 12 May 2012, 9:19 pm

Portnoy wrote:At least for once nathan, the attendance can be judged on ticket sales.

So many times the publicised attendances include all pre-paid un-bummed ST seats.

But they still sell those seats, so can still call it a "sell out".

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 12 May 2012, 10:11 pm

Portnoy wrote:After seeing all but the Quins v Saints* match, no playoff semi is worth a capacity crowd. *Although I heard on the radio it wasn't.

That must be an issue for season ticket hawkers. Surely a fifty percent discount (at least) for a playoff game should be the minimum.

Attendance at Quins vs Saints was just over 12000, so ~85% full. Most of the "gaps" in the crowd were at each end, and the ends were where most Saints fans were. So a lack of away fan sales?

For what it's worth, whoever decided to have 50,000 rugby 7s fans and 12,000 club fans attending events in stadiums a few hundred metres apart was an idiot. Vehicle and foot traffic around Twickenham was truly awful. I was sitting next to the guy doing live updates for the Saints' Facebook page. One of his colleagues had "been to hell" pre-match - stuck in a train carriage full of "drunk, sweaty, 70s-disco-costumed Australians."
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 12 May 2012, 10:21 pm

I am surprised that there were only just over 20k at WR - though selling that many seats in 6 days is pretty good. There were two big blocks in the temporary stand at the clubhouse that were empty, having been returned by Sarries, and the very fringes of the Goldsmiths had some spaces. Crumbie looked full.

Any way that is still over £600k in revenues.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Thu 17 May 2012, 9:52 am

BoyneRFC wrote:I said it will be sold out. Many people get the last few on the match day.

For example, I am a season ticket holder but I need to be in Rome for work this weekend.

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/matchcentre/fixtures_list.php

:smug face:

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu 17 May 2012, 10:01 am

gowales wrote:
BoyneRFC wrote:I said it will be sold out. Many people get the last few on the match day.

What's the capacity?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 17 May 2012, 10:05 am

nathan wrote:
gowales wrote:

What's the capacity?

Of course there are quite a few people who are travelling to London this week (expected to be over 25K) so I can understand how we didn't totally sell out.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down