The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army v Navy

4 posters

Go down

Army v Navy Empty Army v Navy

Post by Equo Troiano Tue May 01, 2012 1:56 am

Nobody seems to have mentioned this.

Anyway, well done the Army, two comprehensive drubbings of the Fish-Heads on the bounce. Another 60000+ crowd at Twickenham which will have raised a lot of money for Help for Heroes.

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Army v Navy Empty Re: Army v Navy

Post by yappysnap Tue May 01, 2012 2:38 am

Not as hot and sunny as the last one but still a good time out, tbh I stopped paying attention about 30 minutes in as it was just one way traffic.

Do you have the final score?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue May 01, 2012 2:56 am

48 - 9, Army.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue May 01, 2012 2:57 am

Here is the report. Not quite a sell out, but getting close.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/9234999/Army-retain-Inter-Services-Championship-but-success-is-marred-by-tragedy-in-Afghanistan.html

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Tue May 01, 2012 7:05 pm

doctor_grey wrote:48 - 9, Army.

A very similar score to last year actually (which I managed to attend).

Then, as this year, lots of Navy supporters complaining about the PI content of the Army team, neglecting to acknowledge that there's more than one PI in the Navy squad, all three armed forces have equal opportunity to recruit PI and that the Navy had beaten an almost identical Army team in 2010...

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue May 01, 2012 7:09 pm

Equo Troiano wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:48 - 9, Army.

A very similar score to last year actually (which I managed to attend).

Then, as this year, lots of Navy supporters complaining about the PI content of the Army team, neglecting to acknowledge that there's more than one PI in the Navy squad, all three armed forces have equal opportunity to recruit PI and that the Navy had beaten an almost identical Army team in 2010...

Wow, I can't believe someone would complain about a team having lots of PI players Wink

Income from its soldiers (via peacekeeping for the UN or serving in the British Arrmy) is Fiji's biggest source of foreign exchange, surpassing tourism, which has been rather impacted by Australian and NZ sanctions since the last coup in Fiji.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Tue May 01, 2012 7:36 pm

There can be no doubt that there's an element of 'ringing' going on. I can understand that it may be annoying to some. However, these guys don't just tip up and walk into the team, they have to train and serve Britain when not playing rugby.

What I would be more annoyed about as a Navy supporter is the number of Army players quite blatantly either playing with or affiliated to professional AP or Championship clubs. These chaps fairly obviously make few appearances at their respective units... now that's ringing.

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down