The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Murray Is The Most Talented Of Them All"

+5
invisiblecoolers
reckoner
sportslover
JuliusHMarx
hawkeye
9 posters

Go down

"Murray Is The Most Talented Of Them All" Empty "Murray Is The Most Talented Of Them All"

Post by hawkeye Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Barcelona commentary on in the background when I heard one of the commentators say that according to someone presumably important (missed who) that "Murray is the most talented of them all". He went on to clarify that this someone considered Murray to be the most talented of the "top four".

Is he?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

"Murray Is The Most Talented Of Them All" Empty Re: "Murray Is The Most Talented Of Them All"

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:48 pm

I think the someone referred to was a top official in the LTA who manages the womens Fed Cup team.

Back to top Go down

"Murray Is The Most Talented Of Them All" Empty Re: "Murray Is The Most Talented Of Them All"

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:55 pm

hawkeye wrote:Is he?

No. Next topic Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Amazing - you here and see things that no other mortals can.

Are you Mystic Meg per chance?

Not one of your better ones - must try harder pft

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:01 pm

I would go further and say he is the greatest tennis player called "Murray" of all time.

THINK about it - WHERE is the competition?!!

Murray Walker - good at overexcited commentary, not much cop at tennis.

Murray Mints - pleasingly cooling, but fracture at the slightest sign of pressure.

Murray Lawnmowers - OK at Wimbledon, but rubbish on clay and hard court.

Murray McDavid - independent bottlers with a difference. Bottling it: good for whiskey, not for tennis.

Craig Murray - ex UK ambassador to Uzbekistan, terrible backhand.

Mark, My. Words.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:14 pm

These days Commentry team has built some sense of humor, i guess its a mandatory thing now in ur cv to become a commentator. After all they are paid to entertain people during matches and no wonder they are making audience happy with good thoughts for laughter.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

reckoner wrote:I would go further and say he is the greatest tennis player called "Murray" of all time. ...
Robert Lindley Murray has two US singles titles (he beat one of the all time greats, Bill Tilden, in one of the finals).
Even Andy's brother has a grand slam title to his name.

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:31 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
reckoner wrote:I would go further and say he is the greatest tennis player called "Murray" of all time. ...
Robert Lindley Murray has two US singles titles (he beat one of the all time greats, Bill Tilden, in one of the finals).
Even Andy's brother has a grand slam title to his name.

Curses,

By the thighs of Tipsarevic, you will rue the day you brought this to my attention, Nore Staat.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:34 pm

This place used to be so dark and full of gloom. Now its all light and happiness and laughter...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Nore Staat wrote:I think the someone referred to was a top official in the LTA who manages the womens Fed Cup team.

You're doing Mom Judy a great injustice there.

I think she's about as realistic as they come, and even she wouldn't attempt to foster such a misconception.

Perhaps the commentator in question meant the most talented amongst the "top four GB players".... ? But neither Novak, Rafa, nor Roger are listed as British nationals last time I checked ..... Erm

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:08 pm

There's a partially true story that Djokivic could have been relocated to Britain and become British for want of a more interested LTA (when NATO were bombing Serbia etc).

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:23 pm

I've heard lots of former pros saying he's as talented as the others (Agassi and Wilander to name two of them) but I've only ever heard one repected figure say he's MORE talented.

Pato Alvarez, Spain's national tennis coach for 16 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/13243702

For raw talent, I don't think anyone gets near Roger personally.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:28 pm

I imagine there was more to this commentary probably along the lines of "the most talented Scottish tennis player never (yet anyway) to win a grand slam title".

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:41 pm

hawkeye wrote:This place used to be so dark and full of gloom. Now its all light and happiness and laughter...

I know, right? All down to my amaaaazing sense of humour, Hollywood good looks and immense modesty !!! Very Happy

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:46 pm

reckoner wrote:
hawkeye wrote:This place used to be so dark and full of gloom. Now its all light and happiness and laughter...

I know, right? All down to my amaaaazing sense of humour, Hollywood good looks and immense modesty !!! Very Happy

I thought it was because we all just love each other so, so much.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Well I don't know about that I think the guys above him are all better and more talented than Andy but Andy has all the ability to match and beat those guys. One thing is clear Murray is clearly head and shoulders the best player to never win a slam. And hopefully he will lose that title very shortly, after Novak has won a few more in a row.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:51 pm

If he waits much longer he'll be one of the oldest players to win his first slam. Hopefully Wimby, USO, then No. 1.
Did I mention 'hopefully'?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:52 pm

HE is only full of joy when creating articles that result in a Murray slating session!!

Personally, I think mental strength and producing your best when it matters is a talent. And therefore I don't think he can be called 'more talented' than those above him.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:58 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
reckoner wrote:

I thought it was because we all just love each other so, so much.

Is it too soon to unbanish the exiled ones, JHM? What's the current sentiment in the prefects common room? Run

Last edited by reckoner on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grocer's appostrophe)

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:01 pm

reckoner wrote:What's the current sentiment in the prefects common room? Run

That we all have to put up with the rest of you Very Happy

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
reckoner wrote:What's the current sentiment in the prefects common room? Run

That we all have to put up with the rest of you Very Happy

So harsh...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down