The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roberto Di Matteo - Right Man for Chelsea?

+3
Crimey
Stella
The Special Juan
7 posters

Go down

Roberto Di Matteo - Right Man for Chelsea? Empty Roberto Di Matteo - Right Man for Chelsea?

Post by The Special Juan Thu 26 Apr 2012, 12:49 pm

Just a very qucik "article" here. Not so long ago, Roberto Di Matteo was fired from West Brom and ended up with a coaching job at Chelsea. Now he has led Chelsea to the final of the CL as interim manager as well as an FA Cup final too. I appreciate he has history at Chelsea but I wanted to know thoughts on this:

Is the man who was fired from West Brom good enough/the right man for Chelsea?

To me, if he's the right man for the job and he continues to do well then he should get it, regardless of the West Brom situation.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Roberto Di Matteo - Right Man for Chelsea? Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo - Right Man for Chelsea?

Post by Stella Thu 26 Apr 2012, 1:56 pm

Could be but Chelsea could well lose the final. lose to Liverpool and finish 6th.
If so, Roman could well look for a new manager.

Knowing Roman, he may want a big name regardless.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Roberto Di Matteo - Right Man for Chelsea? Empty Re: Roberto Di Matteo - Right Man for Chelsea?

Post by Crimey Thu 26 Apr 2012, 5:36 pm

It's an odd one, and it's extremely hard to judge whether Di Matteo is genuinely the right man or just going for a honeymoon period like many new managers go through, especially temporary ones.

If Chelsea win the Champions League, Abramovich will have to give him the job, at least on a year contract, but anything less than that he'll go anyway. Although Abramovich will never held for ransom by the fans, the outrage they'll have if Di Matteo gets sacked after winning the Champions League will put Roman off sacking him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 27 Apr 2012, 3:25 pm

Roman doesn't make these decisions Ron Gourlay does.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Apr 2012, 5:50 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
Roman doesn't make these decisions Ron Gourlay does.

Publicly he does yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquil Chaos Fri 27 Apr 2012, 7:34 pm

im not sure, it does strike me as a bit of relief on the players part that aVB has gone, and as both they and RDM initially felt this would be temporary, the older players have stepped it up a bit to prove to the owner and a potential next manager that they still have some miles left in the tank, i personally dont think RDM is the right man for the long term when they have to start rebuilding, bit with roman being so trigger happy, he wont be there for the long term anyway
Tranquil Chaos
Tranquil Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 29 Apr 2012, 10:38 pm

Not convinced Robbie is the right man for the job/nor that he will get it either.

Robbie's has had IMO in many ways a much easier job than AVB, while AVB was given the remit of changing the squad and removing the older players, that he probably rather bungled that isn't really the point. Robbie on the other has just exercised damaged limitation's getting the older players who clearly still have something but can only turn it on when he can be bothered.

Obviously Robbie's done a very good job, but the Terry's, Lampard's, Drogba's and Cole's obviously aren't getting any younger and the time will come when Robbie will have to move them on, and is it a garuntee that they won't turn on the like they did with AVB?

Personally I think Chelsea need a big name manager, someone with a track record of taking a tough line with big name players, I know a lot of english guys will slaughter me for this but as a scotsman looking in, I think Fabio Capello could be a good shout.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 29 Apr 2012, 10:44 pm

Capello doesn't have the greatest track record of moving on older players though to be fair, in fact while England manager it was one of his biggest criticisms.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 12:32 am

Apparently Roman Abramovich offered the Chelsea job to Pep Guardiola.

What managerial experience had Pep Guardiola before he took up the job at Barcelona?

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 30 Apr 2012, 7:46 am

I've heard some rumours that Joachim Löw may be on the way as new manager following the Marin signing.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down