The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's Your NH Team of the Season?

+31
Dubbelyew L Overate
RDW
formerly known as Sam
Jenifer McLadyboy
George Carlin
2ndtimeround
ieuan
B91212
Taffineastbourne
Mickado
Brendan
GunsGerms
Hound_of_Harrow
eirebilly
BigTrevsbigmac
beshocked
nathan
rodders
maestegmafia
yappysnap
Shifty
Gibson
sugarNspikes
Ozzy3213
Notch
Feckless Rogue
Standulstermen
ChequeredJersey
funnyExiledScot
Artful_Dodger
Pot Hale
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who's your vote for team of the NH season?

Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 21 ]
Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 25 ]
Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 10 ]
Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 8 ]
Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 11 ]
Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 6 ]
Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 89

Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Empty Who's Your NH Team of the Season?

Post by Pot Hale Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

A number of teams across the three leagues have performed exceptionally well this season. Some of them in the limelight are obvious candidates, others less so. There's a few games to go in the regular season, with playoff places at stake across the Premiership, Pro 12 and Top 14.

Some are fighting on two fronts, with European honours at stake, or qualification for next season.

Some have managed against the odds, salary cap, squad depth to progress much further than expected.

Who would you vote for and why?

My list includes Glasgow, Clermont, Exeter, Leicester, Edinburgh, Leinster and Montpellier. I might include Newcastle yet if they manage to stay up. Smile You might pick someone different.

Cast your vote, or suggest other teams for inclusion. It's an open poll so you can nominate a team now, change your mind and pick someone else, until the last ball is kicked, fumbled, caught or touched down.

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Title change)
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who's Your NH Team of the Season?

Post by B91212 Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:39 pm

I view the HC as the toughest comp and pinnacle of the season for NH club teams so based on that it was between the four semi finalists for me. Out of those Leinster and Clermont have performed how I expected which narrowed it down to Ulster and Edinburgh. Out of those 2 although Edinburgh have done amazingly well I feel Ulster have had the toughest path to the semi's and so voted for them.

Being English if this was just for the prem teams then I would vote for The Chiefs followed by Quins although there isn't much in it (both have had amazing seasons so far).

B91212

Back to top Go down

Who's Your NH Team of the Season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who's Your NH Team of the Season?

Post by ieuan Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:46 pm

Notch wrote:My team of the season is Exeter I'd have to say. A meteoric rise.

+1

ieuan

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:57 pm

beshocked wrote:Leinsterbaby the problem with Leinster is that so far you've had the easiest route in the HC, Clermont will be your first true test in my opinion.

With your group and quarter final a semi final was virtually expected in my opinion.

Hound of Harrow I love the irony. Laugh

It was easy but they hammered their group rivals bar Montp. away and Cardiff in the quarters. They have also topped the Rabo with games to spare. It's the way they are playing that had been impressive.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:Would have voted for Ospreys as despite being cack they have done pretty well considering.

Would have?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Leinsterbaby but Leinster are a good side who haven't done anything particularly special. It's virtually expected of them.

How are Ospreys on the list?

Surely their HC record should make it clear they shouldn't be.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:23 pm

As a Scarlets fan I think they've done better than expected but the overacheivers of the season have to be Edinbrugh.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Great call on Edinburgh. Meant to mention em. Huge surge from them under Bradley. Shoite in the PRO12. Brilliant in the HC.

Bradley made that call when he joined - to wake em up. Its worked.

I can see them in the HC Final.

Wot a headphhhok that would be. Excellent.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:42 pm

beshocked wrote:How are Ospreys on the list?

Surely their HC record should make it clear they shouldn't be.

Because someone nominated them for inclusion.

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:25 pm

If Ospreys are allowed in, I want Clontarf Cricket & Rugby Club included.

Had my 1st ride there. And for me, that counts a lot.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:34 pm

Gibson wrote:If Ospreys are allowed in, I want Clontarf Cricket & Rugby Club included.

Had my 1st ride there. And for me, that counts a lot.

That would be a choo-choo ride, one hopes. Or failing that, at least a bicycle.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:32 am

That's my wife yer talkin about there young man.

Yeah, yer not wrong. In all fairness.

Ive changed my vote. Treviso are the most improved team in the NH.

They win that category hands up.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:54 am

Would love to rub my one eye and vote for a Scottish club but the major criterion for being a great team is consistency and neither has been great this season.

In terms of quality - it has to be Leinster - superb squad rotation and canny use of youngsters, they deserve their success.

My other pick is Exeter - an old school mentality of playing for each other, their rise has been magnificent to watch. They genuinely could win it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:51 am

Ospreys have had a good season. Second in the league with a fairly new team is quite good really.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:22 am

beshocked wrote:Leinsterbaby but Leinster are a good side who haven't done anything particularly special.
When I saw this comment i thought. He obviously hasn't watched any of our games.

Then I realised.... He's a Saracens fan. He wouldn't appreciate quality flowing Rugby with crisp passing that would make most Rugby fans go ooooooh. Just dour ground out wins with lots of defence and kicking. Laugh

Anyway leaving Leinster out I would go for Exeter Ulster and Quins. They've all been great to watch for different reasons at different times.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:31 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:Leinsterbaby but Leinster are a good side who haven't done anything particularly special.
When I saw this comment i thought. He obviously hasn't watched any of our games.

Then I realised.... He's a Saracens fan. He wouldn't appreciate quality flowing Rugby with crisp passing that would make most Rugby fans go ooooooh. Just dour ground out wins with lots of defence and kicking. Laugh

Anyway leaving Leinster out I would go for Exeter Ulster and Quins. They've all been great to watch for different reasons at different times.

Jennifer McLadyBoy I was actually complementing Leinster. Leinster are such a good side that it's hardly surprising they are doing well. Leinster are playing good rugby but again that is what is expected of them. In the less intense Pro12 and probably the easiest route to the HC semis it's hardly surprising Leinster are where they are.

Other clubs deserve more praise because they have exceeded expectations.

Quins have had a remarkable season - going from 7th last time to table toppers currently.

Exeter have obviously been one of the revelations.

Ulster have been particularly strong in the HC. Hammering Leicester and the epic win vs Munster being their best highlights.

I do appreciate attacking rugby but if it's win dour or lose beautifully I will take the win thank you very much!

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:45 am

I honestly can't understand why the Ospreys and Tigers are on the list.

OK they've done ok in their repsective leagues but the Tigers have been a big disappointment in Europe following last seasons fairly strong showing and the Ospreys have failed once again to do anything in the HEC.

That might seem harsh but if you are talking about the team of the season then the criteria should be pretty high.

Leinster and Clermont have been head and shoulders above everyone else and Edinburgh, Ulster and Exeter deserve to be there for exceeding expectations,maybe Connacht too. Saracens maybe but other than that I'm not sure that anyone else deserves to be there.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:57 am

Roddersm completely agree, except not on Connacht and Edinburgh.

No team should get a pat on the back for being 10/11th in their league.

Only 5 teams deserve to be there - Leinster,Clermont,Quins,Ulster and Exeter in my opinion.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:00 am

beshocked wrote:
Only 5 teams deserve to be there - Leinster,Clermont,Quins,Ulster and Exeter in my opinion.

Ok you've got a deal OK guinness Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:01 am

Dont really see how Tigers should be in there. They arent top of the league and got dumped out of europe after being hammered twice away from home and couldnt BP Aironi.

It's been a poor season in some regards not helped by call ups and injuries in the first half but I agree (as a Tigers fan) we should not be in contention. The LV Cup lifted us up and has seemingly motivated the team but it's a bit late. The usual poor RWC season is once again in evidence. BTW we aren't far off the top of the league, in 2nd place and 6pts behind the leaders who we play on Saturday. The two hammerings in the HEC was really only 1 (against Ulster), the Clermont game was heavilly influenced by an incompetent referee.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:12 am

Got to be my own club Edinburgh for me. Tiny player budget and have made it to the semi finals of one of the top competitions in the world. They've also done it with mainly home grown team and haven't relied on expensive imports and world cup winners help to get them there. 5 of the team that beat Toulouse were aged 22 and under and only 2 weren't Scottish qualified (not including visser who soon will be)!

My other vote goes for the chiefs - like Edinburgh they don't have expensive superstars but have done so well this year with hard work and great team work.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:14 am

roddersm wrote:
beshocked wrote:

Ok you've got a deal OK guinness Very Happy

The Scottish teams are expected to finish round the bottom of the Rabo table. However this year Edinburgh have become the first Scottish team to make the Hcup semis. Therefore they deserve a lot of credit. Their achievement is possibly more remarkable given their position in the league. I think they deserve to be contenders.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:26 am

beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

Jennifer McLadyBoy I was actually complementing Leinster. Leinster are such a good side that it's hardly surprising they are doing well. Leinster are playing good rugby but again that is what is expected of them. In the less intense Pro12 and probably the easiest route to the HC semis it's hardly surprising Leinster are where they are.

Other clubs deserve more praise because they have exceeded expectations.

Quins have had a remarkable season - going from 7th last time to table toppers currently.

Exeter have obviously been one of the revelations.

Ulster have been particularly strong in the HC. Hammering Leicester and the epic win vs Munster being their best highlights.

I do appreciate attacking rugby but if it's win dour or lose beautifully I will take the win thank you very much!

Ah I was just having a good natured laugh at your team's expense. No offence. We seem to agree on the 3 teams that have been good this year anyway.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:19 am

"Less intense Pro 12" don't agree with this really. Munster v Leinster is one of the most intense fixtures in club rugby. Standard in the Pro12 is just as high as top14 or AP these days.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:37 am

Leinsterbaby it's not when most of the Pro12 games consist of 2nd string sides going head to head.

Only need to look at a 2nd string Leinster humping Edinburgh recently. This kind of result makes a mockery of the Pro12.

How can Edinburgh reach the HC semis but capitulate so spectacularly only a week later?

The pro12's auto HC qualification and no threat of relegation means a side like Edinburgh can throw all their resources at the HC with no fear of the consequences of performing badly in the Pro12.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:46 am

beshocked wrote:How can Edinburgh reach the HC semis but capitulate so spectacularly only a week later?

Maybe because Leinster in Dublin are much stronger than Toulouse in Edinburgh?

You might say that is Leinster 2nd string but look at the players:

Nacewa, D'arcy, Boss, Jennings and Heaslip are all vastly experienced players and then you have talented players like Dave Kearney, McFadden, Madigan, Toner, Ruddock etc. who are pushing for not only Leinster but Ireland places in there.

I'd say most sides would have struggled against that team.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:51 am

The likes of BOD,Heaslip,Sexton and SOB have barely played any Pro12 rugby.

Compare it to the HC.

Hilarious that BOD has played more times in the HC than Pro12 in total!

Heaslip has more appearances in the HC - 7 games than the pro 12 vs 5 games. Same with SOB - 7 vs 4. Also with Sexton - 6 vs 5.

When the best players don't take part in most of the Pro12 games how can anyone take it that seriously?

The Pro12 serves it's purpose well as a warm up for the HC and getting players in shape for internationals but as a competition itself it lacks the importance and intensity of the Top 14 and AP.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:57 am

The Irish players are restricted due to the IRFU player welfare system.

Some would argue that Nacewa is Leinsters best player and he plays nearly every week.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:57 am

beshocked wrote:Leinsterbaby it's not when most of the Pro12 games consist of 2nd string sides going head to head.

Only need to look at a 2nd string Leinster humping Edinburgh recently. This kind of result makes a mockery of the Pro12.

How can Edinburgh reach the HC semis but capitulate so spectacularly only a week later?

The pro12's auto HC qualification and no threat of relegation means a side like Edinburgh can throw all their resources at the HC with no fear of the consequences of performing badly in the Pro12.

Leinsters 2nd team would beat most AP teams. The reason there were three Pro12 teams in the semis was because of how they rotate. You need depth to win cups. Just because you rotate doesn't mean intensity drops. If the intensity is so low why do AP teams struggle to beat Pro12 teams so regularly?

Leinster may of thumped Edinburgh but it doesn't mean there was no intensity. Both teams went at each other hammer and tongs. If anything rotation improves the league in my opinion.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:04 am

leinsterbaby wrote:Leinsters 2nd team would beat most AP teams.

I'd say they'd beat every AP team.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:12 am

leinsterbaby wrote:
beshocked wrote:Leinsterbaby it's not when most of the Pro12 games consist of 2nd string sides going head to head.

Leinsters 2nd team would beat most AP teams. The reason there were three Pro12 teams in the semis was because of how they rotate. You need depth to win cups. Just because you rotate doesn't mean intensity drops. If the intensity is so low why do AP teams struggle to beat Pro12 teams so regularly?

Leinster may of thumped Edinburgh but it doesn't mean there was no intensity. Both teams went at each other hammer and tongs. If anything rotation improves the league in my opinion.

Would Leinster like to try playing their 2nd team in the HC to test that theory? I doubt it!

Doesn't improve the league if sides like Edinburgh don't take it seriously.

AP sides struggle to beat Pro 12? Debatable.

I am always confident my side will beat most Pro12 challengers in Europe because bar Leinster and Munster they do.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:16 am

roddersm wrote:I honestly can't understand why the Ospreys and Tigers are on the list.

It's really simple. Because people nominated them to be on the list as opposed to provided general commentary about a team's performance.

Some people have commented on Treviso's performance, but I don't think anyone has specifically nominated them.

Yet. Wink
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:18 am

Pot Hale why not just put every team in the Pro 12,Top 14 and AP on the list?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:21 am

beshocked wrote:
Would Leinster like to try playing their 2nd team in the HC to test that theory? I doubt it!

Leinster regularly rotate their side in the HEC. Have a look at the side that played Montpellier and Bath for example.

The centres, front row, second row and half backs were all rotated throughout the group stages.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:26 am

roddersm wrote:
beshocked wrote:

Leinster regularly rotate their side in the HEC. Have a look at the side that played Montpellier and Bath for example.

The centres, front row, second row and half backs were all rotated throughout the group stages.

This is how they are able to get to the semis or final for the last four years. It's is how they were able to beat Northampton in the second half of the final last year. Northampton were wrecked by the time Leinsters bench came on and upped the intensity.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:26 am

beshocked wrote:Pot Hale why not just put every team in the Pro 12,Top 14 and AP on the list?

Because that would involve a lot of unnecessary typing. It's not that difficult to nominate a team for inclusion - is it?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:38 am

Leinster might have strength in depth but it doesn't mean all the other pro 12 sides do.

Pot Hale if you have Ospreys there you might as well put in Saracens and Toulon too.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:44 am

beshocked wrote:Leinster might have strength in depth but it doesn't mean all the other pro 12 sides do.

No but the other pro 12 sides aren't winning HEC's either which is the point. Leinster in particular are because they have 30 or so top quality players, not because they don't take their league seriously, which you are infering.

Munster to a lesser extent are in the same boat. Even Ulster are just a point behind 4th.

Edinburgh apart the Rabo teams who are going well in the HEC are there or thereabouts in the league too.

The Ospreys are doing better in the Rabo than the HEC, does than mean they don't take the HEC seriously?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:45 am

Cross Keys must be well up there on the over-achieving front.

As to the latest flurry of Pro12 v AP, if the discussion is confined to Pro12 v AP rather than Leinster v AP, it may lead to a more meaningful conclusion (but I doubt it).

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:52 am

Leinster have rotated their side in the HC. Beshocked you just haven't watched them much and are making assumptions to verify your opinion of the PRO12. Just look at the team that played Montpellier in Dublin. A quick look at the facts end your idea that they don't rotate in the HC.

If Leinster had lost to Edinburgh then you'd immediately accuse Leinster of not taking the league seriously. You'd say they're resting and not trying, so they can be in top shape for the HC. But Leinster thrashed them and are top of the league, so instead you accuse Edinburgh of not taking the league seriously. I guess that every single week 6 teams aren't taking the league seriously.

Leinster thrashed Sarries in Dublin last year. Is that because they weren't taking the HC seriously? They thrashed Clermont too. Were they not taking it seriously? They beat Leicester and Toulouse. Do those two not take it seriously? The fact is Leinster just thrash a lot of teams in Dublin using their entire squad because they're the best team in Europe.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:54 am

I picked Edinburgh. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:01 pm

biltongbek wrote:I picked Edinburgh. thumbsup

I've always liked you biltongbek! Hug

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks bud, the feeling is mutual, ... errr, ... you know what I mean. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:14 pm

This is a very diffficult one to choose. You have to include domestic along with European performance. Whilst Edinburgh have done exceptionally well to get to the HC SF, they have been very poor in the Rabo. Likewise Ulster haven't been good enough in the Rabo to be considered.

On an English front Quins have been excellent in the Jeff, and Exeter surely should win the Jeff's tea of the season. But again, Quins HC performance wasn't good enough to be considered and we can't really have a Amlin team as the top team.

Ultimately it has to be between Clermont and Leinster. Both are excellent sides and there is very little between them, but I'll have to give it to Clermont... just!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Hongkongcherry, but that is the exact reason for Edinburgh to be voted for, the semi final is totally out of the norm for them. And achievement like that reminds me of Argentina in the 2007 RWC semi finals, nobody would have seen that coming.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:16 pm

beshocked wrote:Pot Hale if you have Ospreys there you might as well put in Saracens and Toulon too.

Maybe I didn't make this clear. I didn't select Ospreys - someone nominated them for inclusion with reasons why. They were added to the list.

If you want to do the same for another team, feel free to nominate with reasons why.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Why did you include Ospreys Pot Hale? Just doesn't make sense.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:22 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:Why did you include Ospreys Pot Hale? Just doesn't make sense.

See above post.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:32 pm

Was just winding you up. I actually think Ospreys have done very well under the circumstances. They have a good team.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:39 pm

biltongbek wrote:Hongkongcherry, but that is the exact reason for Edinburgh to be voted for, the semi final is totally out of the norm for them. And achievement like that reminds me of Argentina in the 2007 RWC semi finals, nobody would have seen that coming.

Sorry don't agree. They can only beat what is in front of them, but they arguably had the easiest group with cardiff, Racing Metro and London Irish (compared to Clermont's absolute group of death!). They did well to beat Toulouse, but despite their Top 14 performance they had already lost twice in the HC. It is taking nothing away from their achievement, but a team that has lost 14 of their 20 league games is not the team of the season.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:46 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:

Sorry don't agree. They can only beat what is in front of them, but they arguably had the easiest group with cardiff, Racing Metro and London Irish (compared to Clermont's absolute group of death!). They did well to beat Toulouse, but despite their Top 14 performance they had already lost twice in the HC. It is taking nothing away from their achievement, but a team that has lost 14 of their 20 league games is not the team of the season.

So is it basically your opinion that whoever wins the Heineken, AP or Rabbo should be the team of the year? To me team of the year isn't just who does the best and wins somthing.

The Cheif's have done fantastic this year in the AP and that for me should have them up there as the team of the year. However, they've only really had to concentrate on the AP as they haven't had an intense Heineken competition to play in as well. Does that mean they shouldn't be nominated?

I take your point that Edinburgh have been crap in the league, but they have had a fairytail run in the Heineken cup (47-20 down to Racing with 20 minutes to go, end up winning 48-47 - as an example) and have done ridiculously well.

You say we had a "soft" group but each one of those teams have significantly higher player budgets and investment so for a team like Edinburgh it was an amazing achievement.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next