The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dean Schofield moving to Worcester

4 posters

Go down

Dean Schofield moving to Worcester Empty Dean Schofield moving to Worcester

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:01 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17700537

Worcester Warriors have signed former Sale Sharks second row Dean Schofield from Toulon. The 33-year-old, who has two England caps, will move to Sixways this summer after two seasons at the Stade Mayol. The former Sale skipper joined the Top 14 side after nine years with the Sharks where he made 162 appearances.

"He will add more physical presence and power to our pack of forwards and we want to go for a big pack next season," Worcester head coach Richard Hill said. "Dean is a big man and a powerful man who is also quick and has superb skills. When he plays he stands out in the pack of forwards, he is all-action and brings his presence to the close quarters and is very influential. I have spoken to Joe El-Abd, who was my captain at Bristol and who now plays with him at Toulon, and he has said just how highly regarded Dean is in the Top 14 and how skilful a player he is too," Hill continued. "Dean has a vast amount of Aviva Premiership and Heineken Cup experience. With Craig Gillies, James Percival and Chris Jones also contracted for next season, we have players that really complement each other and it gives us strength in depth and huge competition next season."

He looked decent against Quins. The second row is a bit ageing at Worcester (although it would be when Leicester nicked their 22 year old). Although he's a good guy to have around for a couple of years.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Dean Schofield moving to Worcester Empty Re: Dean Schofield moving to Worcester

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:03 am

Great signing. Cracking player. Wish Edinburgh were getting him.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:40 am

I thought he should have got a few more caps. I wonder what would have happened if he had moved to Leicester around 5/6 years ago Whistle

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 14 Apr 2012, 12:35 pm

Good signing for Wuss, but hopefully they don't see this as addressing their problems.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down