The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather v Cotto face off

+6
ONETWOFOREVER
paperbag_puncher
Super D Boon
azumah HOF
School Project
Seanusarrilius
10 posters

Go down

Mayweather v Cotto face off Empty Mayweather v Cotto face off

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 04 Apr 2012, 4:02 pm

Saw this today

Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcvmMt5Iw3I&list=FLBcFoQPB7137UekX118Db0A&index=1&feature=plcp

1. V nicey nice between them and not particularly interesting
2. Mayweather is a huge gambling addict

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Mayweather v Cotto face off Empty Re: Mayweather v Cotto face off

Post by School Project Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:05 pm

Said it before about this Face/Off - Excusing Floyds gambling issue... there was a lot of respect shown, which is great to see. Cotto has always conducted himself well and it's nice to see Floyd show that respect a little more.

Big fan of both fighters, so it's tough to say who I want to win this, but it's sure as hell going to be a great fight!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:07 pm

Some making a bug deal about Floyd playing Nicey!! I dont see it as a big deal. Cotto is a test. In my books if Cotto got much left it is a bigger test than Manny. He is focused and he knows the trash talk wont work with Miguel. If you wann knowq how serious he is taking this just lets look at the retinue of sparring partners thus far in camp. All Midleweights, all young, all hungry, all wanting to brag about giving the champ hell!!!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:09 pm

Cotto is damaged goods after MArgarito and Pacquio. Pointless fight with only one winner.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:11 pm

azumah HOF wrote: In my books if Cotto got much left it is a bigger test than Manny.

You lost me here... At this stage I think Floyd comfortably beats both but cant see what Cotto has that makes him a bigger test than Manny. Truth is both are past their best at this stage and would have been a bigger test a few years ago.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:34 pm

Floyd showed Cotto NO RESPECT here guys.

How rude is it to check "the score" when Cotto is talking about their fight.

Rude, rude, rude. This is typical Floyd. Showing Cotto that he is ot taking him seriously when in fact behind the scenes he is training his backside off.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:49 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Floyd showed Cotto NO RESPECT here guys.

How rude is it to check "the score" when Cotto is talking about their fight.

Rude, rude, rude. This is typical Floyd. Showing Cotto that he is ot taking him seriously when in fact behind the scenes he is training his backside off.

Agreed.

Mayweather's an absolute bumhole

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:52 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:
azumah HOF wrote: In my books if Cotto got much left it is a bigger test than Manny.

You lost me here... At this stage I think Floyd comfortably beats both but cant see what Cotto has that makes him a bigger test than Manny. Truth is both are past their best at this stage and would have been a bigger test a few years ago.

Like it paper... right lets get to it. Lest put this on the premise that Cotto and Manny bring themsleves fresh and their A games into the ring against Floyd. What Cotto has in spades over Manny in a match up against Floyd is styles... styles make fights right. Well Manny's pressure is meat and drink to Floyd he has dealt with variants of this style before ( ok not quite Manny) but varinats of the high pressure game. Added to this Manny's pressure whilst unrelenting and too much for most is a dream to adept counter punchers who understand range and timing. Whether you think Manny won all the fights against Marquez or not is irreleveant, what is relevant is that those fights show clearly what Manny's achilles heel is against a great counter puncher. For great counter puncher read Floyd, none better around at present. So whther you Floyd losses to Manny or not, it is clear that he presents a huuuuuge headache for mManny stylistiaclly.
Now to a good version of Miguel. Miguel has the ability to do something a lot of boxers havent tried with Floyd, i.e wait on him and try and counter the natural counter puncher. Cotto's problem is the macho in him that takes over when the red mist descends like it did against Manny. Howvere against the faster Mosley, he was calm he waited, made Mosley be the aggressor, fought behind the jab and countered! That style i believe has more potential to trouble Floyd not the pressure game. Having said that Floyd wins this either way!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:56 pm

Mayweather by KO

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:02 pm

funny how so many people seem to be rating cotto so highly again now. lets face it margarito had totally lost his desire and it was still a thumb to the eye from cotto that finished him. cotto has shown nothing over the past few years to suggest he can give flloyd a tough fight. flloyd knows cotto is a big draw and that his stock is high, but he also knows its an easy fight.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:10 pm

Lance wrote:funny how so many people seem to be rating cotto so highly again now. lets face it margarito had totally lost his desire and it was still a thumb to the eye from cotto that finished him. cotto has shown nothing over the past few years to suggest he can give flloyd a tough fight. flloyd knows cotto is a big draw and that his stock is high, but he also knows its an easy fight.

dear Lance! Mr margarito has always been a non entity of a boxer. All heart, loaded gloves, and no bxing fundamentals. i remember on the old forum when poor judges of boxers technically like Truss had him up as superman whilst those with a good eye like Klutey could see past this non entity.

We are not judging Cotto based on the last marg outing! In a fair contest Cotto is always in a different galaxy to Marg. what we are saying is that Cotto at his best really is a very good boxer with some really good fundamentals and a great heart. If he has this left in him he presents a an opponent worthy of respect for Floyd.... end off!!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:21 pm

Still smarting are we Mate from my criticisms of your Mayweather worship..

I never regarded him as superman as any fairminded mod or poster can attest to..

Don't resort to lies please..

You're better than that.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:24 pm

I Just love it Trussy! You are such good sport when one is bored!!! I never ever thought my comment woule ever ever flush you out!!! looool
Nice one geez!!!Hug

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:25 pm

The truth will out my friend, the truth will out!!!!!!!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:27 pm

Just have a problem with liars and wums....

Fightnews......Frankiepie...lilhands of stone...wussman...returndamac...

Glad they are not around anymore..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:32 pm

Fightnews wernt one of mine son>>>>> this shouldnt be happening at your age Truss.... Ur still a young fresh beefcake of a texan. i love you son... i really do..... i mean that kiss

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:34 pm

BTW out of interest how you been finding it on here.... seems you are the head honcho these days. Surely ur not as tested as you were backin the days when you used to have to cut your teeth with major bouts every month!!!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:43 pm

I'm not the headhoncho....far from it..

Never suggested he was one of yours... Cool

You're admitting you were wussman then...double-teaming me with returndamac!!! not cricket!!

I am flattered though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:45 pm

Nah i wasnt wussman either! return of the mack and liulhands of stone even you would agree were a different and intelligent class of WUM! More befitting atalent like me!!!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:49 pm

The board needs some fireworks. Become far too bland lately

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:53 pm

My thoughts exactly on perusing it Sean! Ur Mods seem to be far too fair minded and respected. On the old forum i was banned more time than i had hot dinners and i always loved the process of sending an f word laden email of complaint to the beeb!!!
only to turn up under another guise shortly after other legends like wussman!!! great fun!!!
And the tirade of great 606 bouts of hatred in the run to fights like Floyd vs Hatton was exceptional!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:55 pm

Exceptional hatred hahaha. Well i never got that involved, but it was lively

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:00 pm

Didn't know you were banned.....

No class!! Cool

I don't miss it... those days are behind me..more a pipe and slippers poster these days...

My time of driving inferior types off the Boxing boards are long since gone!!

Cool TRUSSY Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:05 pm

Ha, that's a very high road route to take Truss. You and Dave667 used to have some belters too.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:26 pm

He was banned as well........hence the 669...

Us classy American boys avoid that fate!! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:30 pm

haha yeah, poor DAVE669. Not seen much of him lately, shame. Decent banter

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:41 pm

azumah HOF wrote:
Lance wrote:funny how so many people seem to be rating cotto so highly again now. lets face it margarito had totally lost his desire and it was still a thumb to the eye from cotto that finished him. cotto has shown nothing over the past few years to suggest he can give flloyd a tough fight. flloyd knows cotto is a big draw and that his stock is high, but he also knows its an easy fight.

dear Lance! Mr margarito has always been a non entity of a boxer. All heart, loaded gloves, and no bxing fundamentals. i remember on the old forum when poor judges of boxers technically like Truss had him up as superman whilst those with a good eye like Klutey could see past this non entity.

We are not judging Cotto based on the last marg outing! In a fair contest Cotto is always in a different galaxy to Marg. what we are saying is that Cotto at his best really is a very good boxer with some really good fundamentals and a great heart. If he has this left in him he presents a an opponent worthy of respect for Floyd.... end off!!

non entity of a boxer still beat the fight out lionheart himself cotto. talk about loaded gloves if you like but the fact remained if cotto was so superior marg shouldnt have gotten near him in the first place. marg was so intimidating to cotto in the rematch that stupidly enough marg seemed happy to just walk around after him. the point is though that both are far from their best, and mayweather will deal with cotto comfortably. out dodging a faded marg and beating an injured foreman doesnt suggest to me cotto is back to his best, as many of his and mayweathers followers seem happy to proclaim

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He was banned as well........hence the 669...

Us classy American boys avoid that fate!! Wink

Yup.... you yankys would rather retire/resign from the forum 10 4 times swearing that you shall never look back!!!
Then come back and be outed as a more noprthern as in from Lancashire than being a Northern American!!! looool .... ah the good ole days Whistle

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:01 pm

Lance wrote:
azumah HOF wrote:

non entity of a boxer still beat the fight out lionheart himself cotto. talk about loaded gloves if you like but the fact remained if cotto was so superior marg shouldnt have gotten near him in the first place. marg was so intimidating to cotto in the rematch that stupidly enough marg seemed happy to just walk around after him. the point is though that both are far from their best, and mayweather will deal with cotto comfortably. out dodging a faded marg and beating an injured foreman doesnt suggest to me cotto is back to his best, as many of his and mayweathers followers seem happy to proclaim

Dont think anyone ever claimed he was back to his best.... people just saying if there is a enough decent stuff left in the tank might be interesting early doors!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:12 pm

agree with your styles analyis re floyd v pac zoomy, but don't see cotto as having the style, tools or ability to threaten floyd now or ever. I think Oscar showed the way but couldn't deliver. Funnily enough i think khan, if he had a brain and a chin could trouble him... 2 'if''s too many though!

weren't you banned in a spat with ring rules? you probably said ali was good, or something similarly inflammatory to old big pants

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:14 pm

Noprthern......

Some Icelandic community in the South of Manchester no doubt!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:43 pm

azumah HOF wrote:
paperbag_puncher wrote:

Like it paper... right lets get to it. Lest put this on the premise that Cotto and Manny bring themsleves fresh and their A games into the ring against Floyd. What Cotto has in spades over Manny in a match up against Floyd is styles... styles make fights right. Well Manny's pressure is meat and drink to Floyd he has dealt with variants of this style before ( ok not quite Manny) but varinats of the high pressure game. Added to this Manny's pressure whilst unrelenting and too much for most is a dream to adept counter punchers who understand range and timing. Whether you think Manny won all the fights against Marquez or not is irreleveant, what is relevant is that those fights show clearly what Manny's achilles heel is against a great counter puncher. For great counter puncher read Floyd, none better around at present. So whther you Floyd losses to Manny or not, it is clear that he presents a huuuuuge headache for mManny stylistiaclly.
Now to a good version of Miguel. Miguel has the ability to do something a lot of boxers havent tried with Floyd, i.e wait on him and try and counter the natural counter puncher. Cotto's problem is the macho in him that takes over when the red mist descends like it did against Manny. Howvere against the faster Mosley, he was calm he waited, made Mosley be the aggressor, fought behind the jab and countered! That style i believe has more potential to trouble Floyd not the pressure game. Having said that Floyd wins this either way!

Lovely response Azumah and you make a lot of good points. Only problem is they're not very relevant to this version of Miguel Cotto if you're honest. No point talking about the Cotto who beat Mosley as between being brutally broken down by Marg and pancaked by Manny hes a pale shadow of his former self. Beating a club fighter in Foreman, a past it Mayorga and practically impaired Margarito doesn't hide that. I do enjoy you selling Floyd's fights all the same.. In saying that theres not too much out there left for Floyd left to fight. A bit of Canelo or Martinez action would be nice but would understand if he doesnt want to go there.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:53 pm

azumah HOF wrote:
Lance wrote:
azumah HOF wrote:

Dont think anyone ever claimed he was back to his best.... people just saying if there is a enough decent stuff left in the tank might be interesting early doors!

unfortunately not only have i heard a lot of cotto nuthuggers claim hes back to his best, but also a lot of them seem to be totally rewriting the last few years. claiming the marg and pac fights should be discredited, as one had loaded gloves and one was a catchweight. wasnt it flloyd who claimed cotto should be considered undefeated? mayweather fights those who earn him the most money, and i was confident he would fight cotto sooner or later. it might be a good fight, i enjoyed mayweather against both ortiz and marquez, but i never thought they had a chance of winning, and its very much the same with cotto.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:29 am

Cotto kept looking at Kellerman everytime Mayweather did or said something.

He seemed a little in awe of Myweather.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down