The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gonna give TNA a go for first time in ages.

+4
Mr H
JamesLincs
Hero
bretmeharty
8 posters

Go down

Gonna give TNA a go for first time in ages. Empty Gonna give TNA a go for first time in ages.

Post by bretmeharty Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:01 pm

Just flicking through, landed on challenge its about to start. So lets see how long I can last........

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Gonna give TNA a go for first time in ages. Empty Re: Gonna give TNA a go for first time in ages.

Post by Hero Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:28 pm

How's it going?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Gonna give TNA a go for first time in ages. Empty Re: Gonna give TNA a go for first time in ages.

Post by bretmeharty Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:35 pm

Still with it, just watched Hogan and Dixie out side talking "movie style" (whats with that anyway) what felt like a hour.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:43 pm

any footage taken through blinds or the crack of an almost closed door?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:49 pm

JamesLincs wrote:any footage taken through blinds or the crack of an almost closed door?

Laugh

Yea there was a blind and kept seeing the wall in one clip as they were around the corner

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:57 pm

oh yes, i forgot about the pillars and walls lol

i remember one time the camera crew were caught and whoever it was, decided not to shut the door but just push it to. and i thought, this genius has just invented the semi-private conversation

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:03 pm

JamesLincs wrote:oh yes, i forgot about the pillars and walls lol

i remember one time the camera crew were caught and whoever it was, decided not to shut the door but just push it to. and i thought, this genius has just invented the semi-private conversation

Only in TNA

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:24 am

How did TNA work out for you bret? I heard they had a shocking return of one of the biggest draws on the planet the other week - D Von? How did that compare with Lesnar's return?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 04 Apr 2012, 11:38 am

Dvon? I missed that ha,

But I saw Hogan's return, and all the guys came out from the back to console him after admitting he had been going through a tough time lately. It almost bought a tear to the eye. Rolling Eyes

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:03 pm

I struggle to take TNA seriously sometimes, just because of the crowd, there lucky if they get 800 sometimes. The only time I seen a decent size crowd, was when they were in England.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:20 pm

Have to admit Hogan's return was about what I expected and wasn't overly excited by it.

That said, you should see what Bobby Roode's been getting up to lately. His mic work isn't hugely original, but he's made a few pretty inflammatory speeches lately, roughed up Dixie Carter on a couple of occasions...and gaffer-taped Sting to the ropes in their Victory Road match.

Does anyone in WWE get the kind of heat Roode-boy's been getting lately (apart from John Cena - judging from the posts on here)?

On the flip side James Storm has been getting some serious ring, mic and behind-the-scenes time in the build-up to Lockdown.

Another interesting development is that Austin Aries appears to be getting a push towards the heavyweight division, teaming himself with Storm in what was originally to be a handicap match against Roode and Bully Ray. Although he eventually got a pretty good beating, he pulled off some nice moves and looked like he could compete with the smaller heavyweights (i.e. not Bully Ray sized).

I think one of TNA's problems is that they only seem to be able to focus on one feud at a time and everything else gets pushed into the background slightly, so you never feel there is a whole lot going on besides the main event (that is, there is nothing like the same sense of occasion or importance).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 05 Apr 2012, 7:26 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:Have to admit Hogan's return was about what I expected and wasn't overly excited by it.

That said, you should see what Bobby Roode's been getting up to lately. His mic work isn't hugely original, but he's made a few pretty inflammatory speeches lately, roughed up Dixie Carter on a couple of occasions...and gaffer-taped Sting to the ropes in their Victory Road match.

Does anyone in WWE get the kind of heat Roode-boy's been getting lately (apart from John Cena - judging from the posts on here)?

On the flip side James Storm has been getting some serious ring, mic and behind-the-scenes time in the build-up to Lockdown.

Another interesting development is that Austin Aries appears to be getting a push towards the heavyweight division, teaming himself with Storm in what was originally to be a handicap match against Roode and Bully Ray. Although he eventually got a pretty good beating, he pulled off some nice moves and looked like he could compete with the smaller heavyweights (i.e. not Bully Ray sized).

I think one of TNA's problems is that they only seem to be able to focus on one feud at a time and everything else gets pushed into the background slightly, so you never feel there is a whole lot going on besides the main event (that is, there is nothing like the same sense of occasion or importance).

Brilliant summation of TNA.

They do some really good stuff but lack focus in other areas.

AS for TNA, I still think its majorly underated and deserves much mre love than it gets.

On another note - we are getting to ask Storm and Roode some questions, so post them up on the Q&A thread!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Thu 05 Apr 2012, 11:01 pm

MCMG are back on sunday should be fun to watch them

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 10 Apr 2012, 3:08 pm

First time I've seen MCMG in action and quite enjoyed it. Wasn't hugely spectacular and the outcome was fairly predictable, given it was their comeback match, but they showed off some nice moves.

Nice to hear they want a shot at the Tag Team title. A match up with Joe & Magnus ought to be pretty interesting.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down