The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My ten worst examples of bottle-loss in the ring!!!

+3
Mr Bounce
azania
TRUSSMAN66
7 posters

Go down

My ten worst examples of bottle-loss in the ring!!! Empty My ten worst examples of bottle-loss in the ring!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:12 am

1. Bruno v Tyson 2 - How many times did he cross himself??? cringe with embarrassment at this fight!!

2. Walcott v Marciano 2 - Sad to see a great fighter so afraid....

3. Louis v Baer Max - Apparently Baer's handlers nearly called the fight off because Baer was so frightened...Who can blame him!!

4. Lewis v Akinwande - Thought Henry would give him a good fight but anxiety is a terrible thing..

5. Akinwande v Welch - Another mental block caused by anxiety...

6. Tyson v Golota - Maybe should be higher but this was gut wrenchingly bad....

7. Tyson v Seldon - The relief in his eyes when the ref said no more and the stumble pacino would've been proud of when the ref was going to make a decision..

8. Matthew Hilton v Jack Callaghan - dear oh dear what ws his guy doing in the ring in the first place..

9. Rosario v Bramble - Strange one this...Caught by a punch after acquitting himself well and then just lay on the ropes for nearly two minutes and let him bang the crap out of him..

10. Bottling my chance to take the lovely Barbara out in High....

Any better choices I got a bit drunk last night and am having a mental bloc......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

My ten worst examples of bottle-loss in the ring!!! Empty Re: My ten worst examples of bottle-loss in the ring!!!

Post by azania Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:13 am

Nelson v DeLeon

azania

Back to top Go down

My ten worst examples of bottle-loss in the ring!!! Empty Re: My ten worst examples of bottle-loss in the ring!!!

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:26 am

Harrison vs Haye - oh, hang on - that's how he usually is Laugh

Haye vs Klitschko was embarrassing - Haye realised he'd never be able to do anything the moment he felt the first jab.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:26 am

Or Nelson v Warring......

Listening to Johnny on Sky you tend to forget some of his "fights"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:33 am

Tyson Spinks was the obvious one although it started out of the ring he was much better than that.

Duran against leonard - I think - though not out of fear. Leonard beat him mentally by targeting his pride rather than his physical courage. Haye vs Wlad. Just ran and ran and ran. Veit vs Calzaghe. Couple of fighters vs Naz - I think one was ramirez. Got a shot and just backed away. Judah - Khan, Judah- Mayweather, Mayorga - De la hoya - just didn't want to know. Mbaye-Rees. Audley against everyone. Golota vs bowe, Tyson,

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:53 am

interesting tyson picks truss, i'd have had tyson spinks as top of the list. To this day the most petrified i've ever seen a fighter, and a la your walcott comment, sad to see.

patterson liston?

re point 10 truss, don't worry mate, she was a lousy sh*g

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

sorry shah, missed your post, must be baby brain

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:05 pm

Prescott Pacquiao

Prescott doing his best turtle impression for 12 rounds

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:05 pm

No prob mate - hows Mrs Milky and the milky bar kid?

Anyone think Tyson lost his nerve against williams? Just gave up out of frustration rather than fear.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:05 pm

When did Prescott face Pacquiao?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:09 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:No prob mate - hows Mrs Milky and the milky bar kid?

Anyone think Tyson lost his nerve against williams? Just gave up out of frustration rather than fear.

He tore his ACL during the fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:09 pm

azania wrote:

And?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:10 pm

Think he meant clottey. Steve robinson lost his rag against Naz. He was doing an effective job of keeping Naz at bay and the goading made him come out of what the comentator described as a crab like defense to chase after naz and losing it. So did Tom Jones - got vexed and stopped tryig to box and tried to throw him around.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:15 pm

azania wrote:

I know - but he tore it in the first round - was happy enough to continue when he was beating the crap out of williams. Less so when williams started getting the upper hand.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:17 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
azania wrote:

And?

Dont you think that tearing your ACL will restrict a boxer somewhat? Have you ever torn your ACL?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm

You mean like buggering your shoulder would restrict you?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
azania wrote:

I know - but he tore it in the first round - was happy enough to continue when he was beating the crap out of williams. Less so when williams started getting the upper hand.

Ah well.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:You mean like buggering your shoulder would restrict you?

Yep

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:26 pm

So Tyson is a quitter just like Vitali, glad to have that cleared up.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:31 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:So Tyson is a quitter just like Vitali, glad to have that cleared up.

I dont recall Tyson quitting on his stool. Do you?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:32 pm

I recall him giving up once the going got tough when he could have got up but of course it's one rule for a Klitschko but another for Tyson.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:35 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I recall him giving up once the going got tough when he could have got up but of course it's one rule for a Klitschko but another for Tyson.

Was he knocked out or did he quit on his stool? Did he carry on fighting or not?

I recall Williams fighting with a dislocated shoulder and the much abused Harrison carrying on fighting one handed against Sprott. Neither gave up on their stool.

Tyson continued fighting until he got knocked out.

Only time Tyson 'quit' was his lat fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:36 pm

milkybar kid is strong and tough, if a little noisy, shah... how's shah junior?

Tom Jones? Tom Johnson? Quite liked to have seen naz v tom jones as it goes

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:41 pm

Boom boom johnson it is. Afridi stole his moniker and has recently started punching fans so I should have remembered. Shes good and noisy - learned how to shriek so I come pick her up. Also thinks my wife is rapunzel and tries to climb her head - leading to more shrieks. Be grateful you got a lad Laugh

Tom Jones - getting decked by Naz would probably be a screen saver for junkies. Itas not unusuallll to see me cry - oh I wannnaaa die.

Azania he also quit twice against EDIT:Holyfield

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:45 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:When did Prescott face Pacquiao?

My bad, I meant Clottey

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:48 pm

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:When did Prescott face Pacquiao?

My bad, I meant Clottey

Was a strange performance from a man I think could take Pacquiaos punches with comfort.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down