The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ring Magazines Top 10: Worst Refereed Boxing Matches

+6
rycoys
milkyboy
John Bloody Wayne
zx1234
BALTIMORA
School Project
10 posters

Go down

Ring Magazines Top 10: Worst Refereed Boxing Matches Empty Ring Magazines Top 10: Worst Refereed Boxing Matches

Post by School Project Sat 20 Aug 2011, 5:37 pm

Good article on the ring magazine following the fairly poor referreeing of the Joseph Agbeko vs. Abner Mares fight:

Here's there Top 10:

No. 10
ROBERT GONZALEZ
Mark Johnson vs. Rafael Marquez I

NO. 9
GELASIO PEREZ HUERTA
Lucas Matthysse vs. Vivian Harris

NO. 8
FRANK SANTORE JR.
Sergio Martinez vs. Kermit Cintron, Sunrise

NO. 7
ARTHUR MERCANTE JR.
Yuri Foreman vs. Miguel Cotto

NO. 6
JOE CORTEZ
Humberto Soto vs. Francisco Lorenzo I

NO. 5
RUSSELL MORA
Joseph Agbeko vs. Abner Mares

NO. 4
ALFREDO GARCIA PEREZ
Danny Williams vs. Konstantin Airich

NO. 3
ROBERT GONZALEZ
Rocky Juarez vs. Zahir Raheem, Houston

NO. 2
ROGER TILLEMAN
Sven Ottke vs. Robin Reid, Nuremburg

NO. 1
DAN KELLEY
Emanuel Augustus vs. Courtney Burton

Good to see some fights highlighted in this, Martinez vs. Cintron being a fight that still makes me sick to see to this date. As Ive said before, Martinez would have literally have had to KILL Cintron to win that fight, and even then they would have called it a No Contest.

Ottke vs. Reid was another disgusting affair and was just the case of Tilleman not allowing Reid to throw a punch.

However I thought the Ref during the Foreman Cotto fight done a decent job, he allowed the Champion to continue and was only truely injured by his knee giving way but still wanted to fight on. We're all to often critical of fights being stopped too early and although Foreman was behind, it didn't seem as though he was in any SERIOUS trouble?

Anyways, here's the link to the site: http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168647-10-worst-refereed-boxing-matches-in-last-10-years

There's also videos included. Enjoy!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Ring Magazines Top 10: Worst Refereed Boxing Matches Empty Re: Ring Magazines Top 10: Worst Refereed Boxing Matches

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:20 pm

All the ones where people died or nearly died through referee negligence? Also, any fight in the last few years where Roy Jones was allowed to get in the ring with ANYONE who can throw a half decent punch.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Ring Magazines Top 10: Worst Refereed Boxing Matches Empty Re: Ring Magazines Top 10: Worst Refereed Boxing Matches

Post by School Project Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:30 pm

I think the writer only added the fights from the last 10 years or so...

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Sat 20 Aug 2011, 6:39 pm

lebedev jones springs to mind

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:26 pm

Lebedev vs. Jones Jr was horrible to watch... as Balti said, any fight with Jones Jr in is sad to watch.

If his next fight was to be staged in Switzerland, they would let it continue and call it euthanasia.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:35 pm

Last ten years? Well the ref let Montiel continue after he'd been knocked down by Donaire, and Maccarinelli's last hideous defeat was marred further by the appalling refereeing decision to let him continue.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:36 pm

School Project wrote:Lebedev vs. Jones Jr was horrible to watch... as Balti said, any fight with Jones Jr in is sad to watch.

If his next fight was to be staged in Switzerland, they would let it continue and call it euthanasia.

This made me chuckle. Which in turn made me disgusted at my own poor taste. Then I shrugged that off, and now I'm eating pizza.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 20 Aug 2011, 10:19 pm

Last ten years, I was about to point out that Wyatt Erp should be in there.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 20 Aug 2011, 11:26 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Last ten years, I was about to point out that Wyatt Erp should be in there.

only on this forum could you get john wayne talking about wyatt erp on an article about cowboy refs

reid ottke was the worst..make that most corrupt... performance i've ever seen. Warning someone for punching the opponent! Guess reid should have read the small print in the contract re 'local rules' of fighting ottke in germany.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 21 Aug 2011, 12:14 am

School Project wrote:Good article on the ring magazine following the fairly poor referreeing of the Joseph Agbeko vs. Abner Mares fight:

Here's there Top 10:

No. 10
ROBERT GONZALEZ
Mark Johnson vs. Rafael Marquez I

NO. 9
GELASIO PEREZ HUERTA
Lucas Matthysse vs. Vivian Harris

NO. 8
FRANK SANTORE JR. haye klitschko , how the hell was wlad alowed to use his fore arm so much !!!
Sergio Martinez vs. Kermit Cintron, Sunrise

NO. 7
ARTHUR MERCANTE JR.
Yuri Foreman vs. Miguel Cotto

NO. 6
JOE CORTEZ
Humberto Soto vs. Francisco Lorenzo I

NO. 5
RUSSELL MORA
Joseph Agbeko vs. Abner Mares

NO. 4
ALFREDO GARCIA PEREZ
Danny Williams vs. Konstantin Airich

NO. 3
ROBERT GONZALEZ
Rocky Juarez vs. Zahir Raheem, Houston

NO. 2
ROGER TILLEMAN
Sven Ottke vs. Robin Reid, Nuremburg

NO. 1
DAN KELLEY
Emanuel Augustus vs. Courtney Burton

Good to see some fights highlighted in this, Martinez vs. Cintron being a fight that still makes me sick to see to this date. As Ive said before, Martinez would have literally have had to KILL Cintron to win that fight, and even then they would have called it a No Contest.

Ottke vs. Reid was another disgusting affair and was just the case of Tilleman not allowing Reid to throw a punch.

However I thought the Ref during the Foreman Cotto fight done a decent job, he allowed the Champion to continue and was only truely injured by his knee giving way but still wanted to fight on. We're all to often critical of fights being stopped too early and although Foreman was behind, it didn't seem as though he was in any SERIOUS trouble?

Anyways, here's the link to the site: http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168647-10-worst-refereed-boxing-matches-in-last-10-years

There's also videos included. Enjoy!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 21 Aug 2011, 12:20 pm

although not worthy of a top 10 list by along shot, i think the ref of harrison vs haye was pretty rubbish. he allowed them just stand there for 3 rounds without a punch thrown, i though he should have had words with them both, ive seen other refs do it before when it becomes a mexican stand of with nobody hardly throwing for a few minutes. and then the stoppage was way premature, he didnt even connect properly, i know haye would probably have knocked him out soon anyway but you cant just assume that and stop a fight anyway.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 22 Aug 2011, 8:51 am

Seen most before but some shocking clips.

I hadn't seen the Mares vs Agbeko fight before and had heard he has favoured slightly by the ref but it was disgusting! How someone could get away with so many low blows is beyond belief and then on his probably 15th low blow, knocks Agbeko down and the ref counts him for a knock down!

I'm glad Showtime criticised the ref to his face. I bet the ref wasn't even punished?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 22 Aug 2011, 11:11 pm

I heard some bad things about the Mares vs Agbeko fight. But seeing it was disgusting...

It's not even a robery. It was nothing less than assault. I just hope Agbeko is able to have kids in the future!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Frotchlinger Mon 22 Aug 2011, 11:57 pm

How about Ricky Hatton v Floyd Mayweather?

I read some people defending Cortez over his handling of this fight, but to me it was beyond bad. It was vile. And spoilt a great occasion.

Herman Frotchlinger

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:23 am

Herman Frotchlinger wrote:How about Ricky Hatton v Floyd Mayweather?

I read some people defending Cortez over his handling of this fight, but to me it was beyond bad. It was vile. And spoilt a great occasion.

It wouldn't have changed the outcome though. Hatton was beaten by the better boxer and there is no shame in that at all when you are willing to test yourself against the best in the world.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down