The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gavin Henson

+23
george doors
Hound_of_Harrow
bsando
IanBru
21st Century Schizoid Man
Barney McGrew did it
Cardiff Dave
glamorganalun
thebluesmancometh
drsambo1928
Biltong
mpc28
wales606
Smirnoffpriest
XR
ScarletSpiderman
BlueNote
Seagultaf
gowales
maestegmafia
Shifty
Knowsit17
Liam
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gavin Henson - Page 2 Empty Gavin Henson

Post by Liam Sat 24 Mar 2012, 9:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Look, I understand he's not everyone's cup of tea. Yes, he left Osprey's in poor circumstances. But, the fact he wasn't in the 23 for the Blues tonight is, in my opinion, a disgrace on the part of the Blues coaches. They create little with the backs as it is, and when you have a fit Gavin Henson and don't even consider him ahead of Hewitt and others on the bench, it really does my head in.

The worst thing that happened to him was meeting Charlotte Church, and also his management team should be shot for some of the advice they have given him over his career, as they know what we know that Gav isn't the sharpest tool in box. But he's fit and so far this season has shown what he's capable of, showing some nice touches against Dragons and Osprey's, and looking good against Ulster in his favourite position of 12, playing in Evans with a great flat pass. So when the Blues coaches don't consider him for the squad in a big game against the Scarlets you have to ask yourself, are their ego's that big that they won;t even consider the guy when he's fit, and then are forced to call the guy up to the squad because Ben Blair has the flu. How they think Evans and Hewitt are better players than him I don't know. Him and Roberts in the centre would bring some real impetus to the Blues back line. Henson could do a similar job to what BOD did on the Lions tour, staying flat and bringing Roberts into the game with little inside passes. He's also always had a good defence and does some good work in the breakdown.

It really baffles me, He's there, he's fit and ready to go and he's still not considered by the chuckle brothers. A playing and fit Henson is only beneficial, to both club and country. He's been all over the place the last couple of years, but has earned a bit of money after some torrid injuries, now he's said he wants to concentrate on his rugby, but when his coaches don't consider him for the match day 23, it will be a matter of time where he will turn around and say do you know what, I don't need this that'll do me. Henson is 30, he should be in his prime as a centre, give him his last chance, you have nothing to lose and we may just salvage a couple of years out of henson without him fully becoming a wasted talent, despite his two grand slams.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Gavin Henson - Page 2 Empty Re: Gavin Henson

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:04 pm

He was god awful when he came on last night - although he did come off his wing looking for work - unlike the much lauded Cuthbert who was grim every minute he was on the field Run

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:34 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:unlike the much lauded Cuthbert who was grim every minute he was on the field
Exactly. At one point last night I had to check the team sheet to see if Cuthbert had actually started, or was merely on the bench.

What annoys me even more about Cuthbert is that, during the 6 Nations, in a conversation with a Welsh friend of mine about why North was good but not perfect, I cited Cuthbert as an example of what a winger should do, by coming inside and looking for work if the ball isn't reaching him in tight games. During the 2012 championship, Cuthbert often did exactly that, and North usually didn't.

Now Cuthbert has made me look bloody stupid. I'm not pleased.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:35 pm

From the Telegraph...

The controversial Wales centre was a wing replacement in the region’s 31-3 defeat by Glasgow in the RaboDirect Pro12 on Friday night.

It is understood that he and fellow Blues' players went out in Glasgow prior to the squad's early morning flight. On the journey back to Cardiff International Airport, Henson is believed to upset fellow passengers by throwing ice cubes around the cabin.

The Blues issued a statement confirming Henson's suspension on Saturday night.

It read: "Cardiff Blues can confirm that Gavin Henson has been suspended with immediate effect following an incident on the flight back from Scotland after their match against Glasgow Warriors last night."

The Blues management will meet on Monday to "discuss the matter further".

I think its weird that the players were allowed out after the match with an early flight in the morning. What are the rules for teams traveling away? I would have thought you'd only be allowed out on the town if the team had performed well or there was a good reason to go out, like a coach or players birthday etc.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:54 pm

bsando wrote:
I think its weird that the players were allowed out after the match with an early flight in the morning. What are the rules for teams traveling away? I would have thought you'd only be allowed out on the town if the team had performed well or there was a good reason to go out, like a coach or players birthday etc.

Haha.
If I was the coach I would have read the riot act and confined them to their hotel rooms after the poor performance against Glasgow.
There again the coaches, as well as the players, are having to deal with the meltdown caused by the bloke at the top.
Leinster next week.
Think i'll mow the lawn or do the ironing or do my hair rather than watch the game.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 01 Apr 2012, 1:00 am

viewtothegym wrote:Can't see him playing for a region more likely to get a season or two contract with sale, wasps or some other average team

After what went on at Sarries, I can't see any AP club taking a gamble on Henson. He is not bigger than any club he plays for. He needs to learn that.

There's a saying.. 'Sh1t, or get off the pot.'

In other words, get on with it (i.e. what your employer asks you to do, or ship out).

A talented guy, but he needs to understand some of the fundamentals. Dumping an 18 year old kid on his ass doesn't make you a god. Unfortunately Henson thinks he is.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by george doors Sun 01 Apr 2012, 7:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=B7FKetL_ONg

george doors

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:10 am

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:
viewtothegym wrote:Can't see him playing for a region more likely to get a season or two contract with sale, wasps or some other average team

After what went on at Sarries, I can't see any AP club taking a gamble on Henson. He is not bigger than any club he plays for. He needs to learn that.

There's a saying.. 'Sh1t, or get off the pot.'

In other words, get on with it (i.e. what your employer asks you to do, or ship out).

A talented guy, but he needs to understand some of the fundamentals. Dumping an 18 year old kid on his ass doesn't make you a god. Unfortunately Henson thinks he is.

There is a bit more to Henson's game than tackling and kicking. He is in a self created awkward position.

Terrace rumour has it he is going to Leiceister to replace Twelvtrees.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:50 am

maestegmafia wrote:

Ouch the ospreys really like to lay into Tigers with the slander dont they!

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:50 am

Leicester wouldn't have him, not their type of player at all and he'd only last a week with Cockerill in charge.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by george doors Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:52 am

[quote="Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler"]
maestegmafia wrote:

Not a chance, can't see ant Prem club wanting him

george doors

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:54 am

HERSH wrote: he'd only last a week

Sounds like the ideal club for him then

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 01 Apr 2012, 9:34 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote: Also can anyone ever think of a time when Delve has actually played in Wales? I can only think of him being at Bath, Glaw, and the Rebels.

To be fair Scarlet, he went to college in Bristol, so playing for Bath in 2001 was a natural progression for him rather than coming into a Welsh region. He's had a few Wales caps but he's been treated pretty poorly by Welsh rugby I think. They didn't want to know then, so he's better off earning good money somewhere else now.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Apr 2012, 9:38 am

Always thought delve is overrated, solid but hardly world class.

Back to top Go down

Post by freeman lowell Sun 01 Apr 2012, 11:12 am

....at least the posters on here have been sensible and not jumped to any negative conclusions about Henson,well done guys, you should see some of the hysterical over reactions to a couple of english players alledged misbehaviour....hey.. .....wait a minute....

freeman lowell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2