The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up the Vale

4 posters

Go down

Up the Vale Empty Up the Vale

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 24 Mar 2012, 7:43 pm

C'Mon Ebbw, 3 Premiership scalps in the last 3 rounds of the Swalec Cup, semi finals for the Steelmen, 17 games un-defeated and 8 points clear in the League

Well done boys get in there.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Up the Vale Empty Re: Up the Vale

Post by Shifty Sat 24 Mar 2012, 8:26 pm

Very nice record it's a pity they can't go up this season though Sad.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 24 Mar 2012, 8:30 pm

Yeah its a shame but all we can do is keep going and be there ready if and when things change.

Would be great if we won the Cup this year though.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 24 Mar 2012, 8:34 pm

seriously believe its a club the dragons need to bring fully under their wing and nurture players at

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 24 Mar 2012, 8:39 pm

I agree it's a big town, it's a pity they fell out at the start of regionalism, though it is odd the Dragons would invest so heavily in a village club like Cross Keys, yet ignore places like Ebbw Vale, Abertillery and Caerphilly.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 24 Mar 2012, 8:41 pm

Gavin,

They are slowly doing it though not many Ebbw boys in the Dragons set up or acadmey etc, which is a shame when the current RBS 6 Nations mano f the tournament came to the Dragons through Ebbw Vale.

The Dragons themselevs hold regular coaching clinics with Ebbw so who knows maybe winning the cup might be the tonic needed for everyone.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 24 Mar 2012, 8:46 pm

whats the ground like bedford? i aint played up there for bout 15-16 years and in my memory was pretty big (although i was like 8 at the time) whats the capacity?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 24 Mar 2012, 8:53 pm

Gavin,

It not changed since I played there and I am a bit Sad older than you lol.

Its an old ground, great little club house open terrace but you can stand on road outside gorund and see in lol, is a big ground as it has a cricket pitch at bottom which Glamorgan use to play on years back as well.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 24 Mar 2012, 8:55 pm

id like to see some games played up there tbh, LV or other!

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 24 Mar 2012, 9:03 pm

Gav,

I have said that for ages give it a go if nothing else. They could even have maybe one of the Italian or Scots games up there.

When Wales were running the A Side it was a regular venue for A games on a Friday night.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 24 Mar 2012, 9:26 pm

Bedford:

I agree wiith you but we both know the Dragons will not play outside Newport unless the pitch is frozen or flooded, the supporters (Newport) will say there are no pubs, parking, corporate boxes, poor ground etc etc and reason not to play away from the Dave.

Depending on the draw it would be good to have two valley teams in the final Ebbw v Ponty!

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 24 Mar 2012, 10:15 pm

glam,

I follow the Dragons as well and go to Dave whenever I am am home and in fairness to a lot of guys I speak to and people on thses boards (Griff, Rhino etc) they would be happy travelling around Gwent for games.

I guess its down to the board to at least have the minerals to try it. That for was one reason why I wanted Kingsley ones in the set up when Turne left as being an Ebbw boy he might have been able to sway then o move some games.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 24 Mar 2012, 10:33 pm

Bedford:
I used to enjoy going up to Ebbw before regional rugby, they were the first to play music after a score e.g., "it's over, It's over" by Roy Orbison, they were good times and had a good team, I supported (and still do) Pontypridd and Pontypool, I used to watch Newport when I moved to the area but gave up going there because of the bad language and abuse given to officials and visiting players.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Mar 2012, 2:48 am

glamorganalun wrote:Bedford:

I agree wiith you but we both know the Dragons will not play outside Newport unless the pitch is frozen or flooded, the supporters (Newport) will say there are no pubs, parking, corporate boxes, poor ground etc etc and reason not to play away from the Dave.

Depending on the draw it would be good to have two valley teams in the final Ebbw v Ponty!

I'm not Newport, so stop your generalising! There's a difference between the Ospreys taking a few nothing games from an empty Liberty to us doing it. If you knew anything about rugby then you would know corporate speaks volumes and there isn't any ground in Gwent that competes. I'll reiterate myself again for you (though I shouldn't) and say I can easily travel on the train to Ebbw, so would gladly do it. Stop looking for digs and move on. We all know you are anti Dragons now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

AlynDavies wrote:I agree it's a big town, it's a pity they fell out at the start of regionalism, though it is odd the Dragons would invest so heavily in a village club like Cross Keys, yet ignore places like Ebbw Vale, Abertillery and Caerphilly.

Is it that odd when Ebbw are one below the Prem and Aber and Caerphilly are the same league as Risca? Not sure of the comparisons there? Keys are at the minute the best team in Gwent and until Ebbw, Aber, Caerphilly or Risca sort themselves out then what's to invest in. By the way Will Thomas who was involved in Dragons academy is coaching up there and he is getting Dragons academy or ex in. Hence Joe Bartlett playing second row.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Mar 2012, 3:00 am

By the way Newbridge are in the semis as well and they are an old club of Rob Beale too. Why haven't the move the games round the region brigade mentioned them? They're weaker than Ebbw too, hence the league position so they're achievement is bigger.

I really despise it when there are those so blind that they cannot see. I despise Newport RFC, but there isn't a ground in Gwent that compares. As for I've heard foul language in RP, well I've been called the old sheep cliche in Leicester, so should they move from Welford Road, you bitter man zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun 25 Mar 2012, 5:47 pm

Risca:

I am not a bitter person, you should read your own words if your are looking for a bitter person. I like to think all the clubs and regions are doing the best they can but in the case of the Dragons I believe they have been badly run, lack ambition, and produced very few players for the Wales national side. I don't think I am wrong in what I say! I have more of an issue with the Blues as they are the least regional team in Wales.

This post is not about the Dragons but one of a lot of Gwent teams in the Dragons region. Have a good weekend, good result for the Dragons this weekend.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down