The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

michael cole ego getting out of control

+7
theundisputedY2D2
Legend
Adam D
Kay Fabe
Holymiky
JoshSansom
Fernando
11 posters

Go down

michael cole ego getting out of control Empty michael cole ego getting out of control

Post by Fernando Tue 29 Mar 2011, 4:37 pm

Many within World Wrestling Entertainment feel that Michael Cole's ego has gotten out of control in recent months. There have been reports of "The Voice of WWE" having tremendous heat amongst the locker room. In light of Cole's Twitter miscue over the weekend, one company source gave his opinion on how the lead WWE announcer conducts himself behind the scenes.

"Is Cole getting a big head? HELL YES," the source exclaimed. "Ever since he was reading the GM e-mails he started begging to become GM and walks around like his sh*t doesn't stink. He has an opinion on everything."

The source also indicated that Cole berates creative writers who hand him scripts, as he feels he can say whatever he wants on television. Many feel Cole's on-screen persona has gone to his head as how he portrays himself on television reflects his behavior behind the scenes.

The source indicated that incidents such as his flagrant remark on Twitter would be cause for termination if Vince McMahon was looking for an excuse to release a talent. However, the organization has too much invested in the Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole program to abandon it.

anyone seeing him being released after his program with the king released?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

michael cole ego getting out of control Empty Re: michael cole ego getting out of control

Post by JoshSansom Tue 29 Mar 2011, 4:44 pm

Sounds like a deliberate release to make it sound as though he has real heat in the organisation... I would guess that given how long he has been in the WWE that he knows how things work and is reasonably respectful.

Where his character can generally go after WM is a moot point though.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

michael cole ego getting out of control Empty Re: michael cole ego getting out of control

Post by Holymiky Tue 29 Mar 2011, 4:44 pm

This does not suprise me, although a television character he just seems full of himself regardless. He is annoying for me now, not a Heel character on TV.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 29 Mar 2011, 4:53 pm

I would say that he certainly needs some time away from TV after WM either way. He needs to tone down the smugness a little and get that malicious side going. Then he could be an effective manager etc that we would all want to punch, just not too much to turn off.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 29 Mar 2011, 5:30 pm

Is an ego driven business, its common for guys who get a massive push to get a big head

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 29 Mar 2011, 5:32 pm

I predict.......

....a riot.

No sorry what I meant was.........A new stable with Cole as Raw Gm, The Miz as the corporate champ, with Swagger and Riley making up the stooge roles (possible tag team which would be a waste).

That idea is completely against my idea that Cena will win from earlier!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 29 Mar 2011, 5:35 pm

Hobo wrote:I predict.......

....a riot.

No sorry what I meant was.........A new stable with Cole as Raw Gm, The Miz as the corporate champ, with Swagger and Riley making up the stooge roles (possible tag team which would be a waste).

That idea is completely against my idea that Cena will win from earlier!

It is at least good that they have the option though. I think if they go that way that it is more likely that the GM will be incommunicado for a while so that Cole will take it upon himself to make the decisions. Then later in the year the "real" GM can make an entrance, be a face who will put Cole's faction in its place and lead to big feud...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Tue 29 Mar 2011, 5:39 pm

Do creative even know who the GM is at the moment?
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 29 Mar 2011, 5:43 pm

Legend wrote:Do creative even know who the GM is at the moment?

Depends whether they have similar minds to Vince Russo or not. Smile

If they are not planning on revealing it yet then I would suspect they haven't decided, or are still in negotiations with the party. If they are then they probably have, or will have to go for the failsafe option of Vince doing it.

Any thought on who it will be (or who you would like it to be)?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Tue 29 Mar 2011, 5:44 pm

D'Lo Brown thumbsup
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 29 Mar 2011, 5:46 pm

They'll probably keep milking it for as long as possible, then the big reveal will be a massive disappointment, most likely the failsafe option as Josh called it of Vince McMahon.

Personally I want it to be Linda McMahon's demon infested womb.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Tue 29 Mar 2011, 5:47 pm

How about Mick Foley or perhaps Nash
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 29 Mar 2011, 5:52 pm

Foley would be a great call given his history in the WWE as Commissioner. Is he tied to TNA though?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 30 Mar 2011, 9:13 am

I read this report on the Torch and instantly thought it sounded like a bit of a work. I think something was mentioned in the same report which said that Cole rejects scripts that are given to him, and was quoted as saying "I'll say whatever the hell I want", which sounded very much like a work.

Maybe he is 2011's Brian Pillman and is working the locker room.

If it's true that his ego is out of control, I don't think it would be too difficult to deal with once Wrestlemania is out of the way.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 30 Mar 2011, 9:29 am

I literally cannot stand the guy.
Which means he is playing his character brilliantly.
No one gets more heat in the company at the moment, i would even go so far as to say he is more hated then Vickie Guerrero!

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymru1991 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 9:35 am

Sounds like a work to me.. but hey I'm just another ill-informed fan so what do I know Very Happy

Cymru1991

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Wed 30 Mar 2011, 9:36 am

Definately sounds like a 'plant' that report - just to gain him more heat and momentum going into Sunday.

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down