The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch Johnson June 4th in Atlantic City

+2
Scottrf
themadworldofjb
6 posters

Go down

Froch Johnson June 4th in Atlantic City Empty Froch Johnson June 4th in Atlantic City

Post by themadworldofjb Tue 29 Mar 2011, 15:57

Looks like Carl Froch and Glen Johnson will go at it in the second Super Six semi final on June 4th in Atlantic City.

Froch defends his WBC title against Johnson for the right to face the winner of Andre Ward vs Arthur Abraham

No idea what the TV coverage will be like. But with Haye set for a potential June clash then maybe Sky wont do a major PPV card. Perhaps a late night Big Time Boxing? Surely Sky will pick him up.

If not then Froch has to jump ship from Mick caus he is a promotors dream.

themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Froch Johnson June 4th in Atlantic City Empty Re: Froch Johnson June 4th in Atlantic City

Post by Scottrf Tue 29 Mar 2011, 16:15

'Free' on Sky seems possible.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Froch Johnson June 4th in Atlantic City Empty Re: Froch Johnson June 4th in Atlantic City

Post by ArchBritishchris Tue 29 Mar 2011, 17:12

Is Glen Johnson to long in the tooth for this one? He has just moved down from LHW, maybe Johnson's huge for the division, carrying a significant size and power advantage. Great win against Allan Green last time out, narrowly lost out in point decisions to Dawson and Cloud. Still, its difficult to look past the youth and greater speed of Carl Froch. I'd put the english pounds on Froch, but wouldn't be surpised to see Johnson pulling of an upset.

ArchBritishchris

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 29 Mar 2011, 17:14

Wasn't Green ahead on the cards?

Froch wouldn'tget bullied like Green did and is a better boxer. With Froch's heavy hands I don't think this bodes well for Johnson. I hope it's competetive all the same though.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by thebawwse Tue 29 Mar 2011, 17:22

Green just straight up quit in that fight, I don't think that punch he took was any worse than he had been taking...anyways...

I think carl just has more dimensions to him, he isn't the most technically sound but I don't see where Johnson troubles him, I would pay to watch this fight though should be good!

come on carl!

thebawwse

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 30 Mar 2011, 09:58

I think this will be a Froch UD but by no means will be a easy fight, he will have to work hard and make sure he throws enough to deter Johnson otherwise he's going to be walked down all night.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down