The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England

+10
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Beer
sportbloggeradi
GG
Mad for Chelsea
Demon Racer
Biltong
Fists of Fury
Stella
Duty281
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Predict the Series Score (2 Tests)

Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Vote_lcap0%Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Vote_lcap41%Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 7 ]
Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Vote_lcap12%Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Vote_lcap18%Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Vote_lcap24%Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Vote_lcap5%Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Empty Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England

Post by Duty281 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:10 am

The two Test Series starts next Monday, what do you think the score will be? I've gone 1-0 England.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Empty Re: Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:13 am

1-0 england

Back to top Go down

Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England Empty Re: Predict the Series Score: Sri Lanka v England

Post by Stella Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:26 am

1-0 England.

England will have something to prove and have they got the bowlers?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:31 am

1--0 England for me, too. I was tempted by 0-0 but that would just be boring, wouldn't it?

I think this is the kind of series where a collapse costs you the Test. Wickets are going to be like gold dust, so one lapse in concentration for half hour may just cost you.

Bowl tight lines and put a high price on your wicket. Take any chances that come your way. Simple, but oh so necessary.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:35 am

I am going for a 1-1 series draw. Not sure whether England will have learnt to play spin well enough yet, and expect Sri Lanka to sneak a win somewhere.

Oh, and also becuase it will tense the English posters up about their rankings. Whistle

Now just wait for our tour to england, ain't that going to be a lot of fun. Ok!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 20 Mar 2012, 9:51 am

Yep, great fun when we send you packing back off to South Africa with your tails between your legs Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:19 am

That might well happen mate, HOWEVER the opposite is going to cause some seriously discomforted english posters. Crying or Very sad
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:21 am

for once can we just have a thread, where we talk about the series score for this series???

yes we are all looking forward to the series against the saffers in the summer, but this thread is for sri lanka vs england scores, and to discuss this series

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:26 am

cricketfan90 wrote:for once can we just have a thread, where we talk about the series score for this series???

yes we are all looking forward to the series against the saffers in the summer, but this thread is for sri lanka vs england scores, and to discuss this series

But winding biltong up is more fun.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:29 am

well can a seperate thread be made for that then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:04 am

Stella wrote:
cricketfan90 wrote:for once can we just have a thread, where we talk about the series score for this series???

But winding biltong up is more fun.

Stella that is more of a challenge than you will know. Wink

Cricketfan, my apologies for getting a dig at the english cricket team, I promise I will comply to your request. Hug
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:05 am

i dont mind the dig, but not on this thread, as its sri lanka vs england Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:15 am

Soooooooooooooooo, to get back on topic, how much stronger will the Sri Lankan's team be to the one that england warmed up against?

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Tue 20 Mar 2012, 2:54 pm

SL will easily win 2-0

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 20 Mar 2012, 3:04 pm

He said predict the score, not talk out of your rear.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Tue 20 Mar 2012, 3:09 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:He said predict the score, not talk out of your rear.
hahahaha! 1 Test victory in Asia vs SL, IND or PAK out of last 20 Tests. #truthhurts

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 3:14 pm

Demon Racer wrote:
hahahaha! 1 Test victory in Asia vs SL, IND or PAK out of last 20 Tests. #truthhurts

England World no.1 in Tests and T20 #truthhurts
Don't be so jealous Demon Racer.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Mar 2012, 3:30 pm

Demon I look forward to the day when my fellow South African poster makes a comment that offers reasonable debate rather than smirky comments.

That would be a great day indeed.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 20 Mar 2012, 3:31 pm

biltongbek wrote:Demon I look forward to the day when my fellow South African poster makes a comment that offers reasonable debate rather than smirky comments.

don't hold your breath too long though Wink

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Mar 2012, 3:42 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Demon I look forward to the day when my fellow South African poster makes a comment that offers reasonable debate rather than smirky comments.

don't hold your breath too long though Wink

Very Happy Nah, won't even try, I'll go blue inthe face.

Sorry Cricketfan for going off topic, didn't mean to, but said what needed to be said.

Sorry
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 4:05 pm

Demon Racer wrote:SL will easily win 2-0

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Tue 20 Mar 2012, 4:35 pm

Demon Racer wrote:

One test series win at home since 2008 and that was against SL. Did your best to mess that one up too. Laugh #truthhurts

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Mar 2012, 4:43 pm

Come on boys, lets not shake the cage too much please.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Tue 20 Mar 2012, 4:48 pm

biltongbek wrote:Come on boys, lets not shake the cage too much please.

Sorry, wums bring out my inner wum.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Mar 2012, 5:07 pm

GG wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Come on boys, lets not shake the cage too much please.

Sorry, wums bring out my inner wum.

fully understandable mate.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:26 pm

That's shocking behavior from you hypocrites.

Stuff you and your forum

I will never post here again

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:05 pm

Be sure to close the door on your way out.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:10 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Be sure to close the door on your way out.
laughing
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by sportbloggeradi Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:57 am

1-0 to Lanka

Also, do we have a fantasy league for the County Championships?

sportbloggeradi

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 21 Mar 2012, 8:49 am

Demon Racer wrote:That's shocking behavior from you hypocrites.

Stuff you and your forum

I'm sure there's a good football song for this moment.

Spoiler:

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 21 Mar 2012, 8:56 am

England going well. This pitch must be flat, Strauss is scoring runs Wink

Sportsblogger, hi there. I believe cricketfan was looking at setting up a fantasy league. Not sure how he is getting on with that.

Must admit I am tempted to sign up to the Telegraph fantasy cricket league, looks a rather well run league - £6 though.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 21 Mar 2012, 9:03 am

£6 is still shocking though, Fists!

Could you not ask one of the Cricket people to sponsor something here?

As for the series, i think Sri Lanka 1-0. I just have a feeling that the selectors will balls it up again and rely on seamers and Swann rather than giving Monty a shot. Obviously i'll be very happy to be proved wrong.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 21 Mar 2012, 10:20 am

Hi Adi! thumbsup

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 21 Mar 2012, 10:29 am

Stuff you and your forum

I didn't even get to use my red pen. Sad
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 21 Mar 2012, 10:30 am

biltongbek wrote:

Stuff you and your forum

I didn't even get to use my red pen. Sad

Laugh

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 21 Mar 2012, 10:37 am

King Beer wrote:£6 is still shocking though, Fists!

Could you not ask one of the Cricket people to sponsor something here?

As for the series, i think Sri Lanka 1-0. I just have a feeling that the selectors will balls it up again and rely on seamers and Swann rather than giving Monty a shot. Obviously i'll be very happy to be proved wrong.

I think Monty is a cert to play. I'd be massively surprised if we didn't go in with 2 frontline spinners. A) the pitches tend to suit them more out here and b) in this heat we cannot be relying on heavy workloads for the fast bowlers.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Mar 2012, 3:32 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:England going well. This pitch must be flat, Strauss is scoring runs Wink

Sportsblogger, hi there. I believe cricketfan was looking at setting up a fantasy league. Not sure how he is getting on with that.

Must admit I am tempted to sign up to the Telegraph fantasy cricket league, looks a rather well run league - £6 though.

yes i am gonna set up a fantasy league

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:14 pm

You dont honestly believe he is South African do you?

Expect an outargeous Sri Lankan who hates England despite living here to turn up in the next week or so. Weve already had the Indian , Pakistani, Australian and West Indian

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:18 pm

i expect us to win the series and retain our no1 ranking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:30 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:

You dont honestly believe he is South African do you?

Expect an outargeous Sri Lankan who hates England despite living here to turn up in the next week or so. Weve already had the Indian , Pakistani, Australian and West Indian

Well he said he was South African, but if he changes his nationality more often than a chameleon changes colour, I would expect him to make his rounds as a South African, nine test country rotations later. In the meantime he can be one of you, imagine he pretends to be English by the time SA and England plays, he'll be telling me how great those self same bowlers of England are he just ripped apart a few days ago.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:44 pm

Back on topic does anyone know what Sri Lankas preperation is for this series?

They should be on their way home after losing all 3 Asia cup matches, few days on thesofa with a bottle of gin?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:49 pm

no idea, but they're clearly not in great form lol, however it is a different form of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by wadey101 Wed 21 Mar 2012, 4:58 pm

To be fair all Demon did was predict Sri Lanka to win 2-0! When we've just lost to Pakistan 3-0 it's not the worst prediction in the world.

I remember fists laughing when people predicted Pakistan to beat us and look what happened there.

wadey101

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 21 Mar 2012, 5:04 pm

wadey, if you read most of his posts you will see it is abrasive and posted in a manner to wind up posters and that happens on all of the threads, not only this one.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 21 Mar 2012, 6:08 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:however it is a different form of the game.

Which is a problem in itself. When did any of them last play first class cricket ? Its often suggested that teams go on tour undercooked, Ok Sri Lanka dont have to adjust to conditions ( although its a while since they have played at home) but are they short of practice? Before the asia cup they played a one day series in Aus, before that they were in SA with the last test 3 months ago.
Id question if their heads and games will be in the right place for the test series. England have at least had a couple of first class games and are have been focused on this series.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Mar 2012, 5:48 pm

cant see ravi playing in this first test, as he isnt fit to bowl, and the selectors like having someone as a 5th bowler.

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Sun 25 Mar 2012, 8:20 pm

I voted 1-1. I still think Bopara will play and they will rely on Trott and KP to be the '5th' bowler. Wrong in my opinion, especially if Broad isn't 100% fit.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 26 Mar 2012, 6:47 am

No match thread for this?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 26 Mar 2012, 7:05 am

You want me to put one up?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 26 Mar 2012, 7:07 am

Yeah go on biltong OK
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next