The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Millennium Stadium Rugby Pub

+28
Breadvan
red_stag
Thomond
Adam D
Ozzy3213
prop_lyd
Cymroglan
littleswannygirl
Cari
MBTGOG
Pal Joey
KiaRose
PJHolybloke
Gibson
Notch
PenfroPete
Biltong
MrsP
Hound_of_Harrow
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Mickado
Rava
WillyGilly
Glas a du
eirebilly
Luckless Pedestrian
Mick(TEFC)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
32 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Millennium Stadium Rugby Pub Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Millennium Stadium Rugby Pub

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has teleported itself inside Millenium Stadium this week to see if the men in red can manage a Slam. There's also TVs showing the other 6N matches, the U20s and Womens' matches, Super XV, the "Classic" match and LV= Cup action.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Mervyn Davies and Jock Hobbs above the bar!

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t25452-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Millennium Stadium Rugby Pub Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Millennium Stadium Rugby Pub

Post by Mick(TEFC) Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Team Built

Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Millennium Stadium Rugby Pub Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Millennium Stadium Rugby Pub

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Marcus Horan.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Afternoon all Very Happy

Looks like things are starting to warm up nicely on the International page Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Nage Marc ni oedd e, Reit!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:39 pm

sorry for my little rant in the other pub btw, just had to get it out of my system.

Town is absolutely buzzing at the moment, there are French everywhere! Such a good atmosphere building already, tomorrow could just be such a special day.

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Right. Anyone else having a punt on the Gold Cup? What are we all thinking?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Glas a du wrote:Nage Marc ni oedd e, Reit!

That's almost a line from Pam Fi Duw? - did you ever watch that?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Might pop in then. Have to see what the Dodgy Rogey guys want to do first. I do like the QV to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Pam fi Duw? used to love that show!!

(although the less said about the writer the better)

In my Welsh class last year, my teacher was the actress who played main girl role in it, and we got visited by the lead role actor as well, who is now a script writer/director.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Mark! guinness in memory of the two icons on the wall behind the bar.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:57 pm

It was a great show, wasn't it, Dreamer? We used to tape it off the telly, I've still got the videos somewhere but no video player!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Heading off to this in 30 mins

http://www.irishcraftbeerfestival.com/

Gonna be messy. Let the Paddy's Weekend celebrations BEGIN!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:02 pm

it definitely made Welsh lessons more fun Lucky!

Mick - that looks ace, have a fab weekend OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:03 pm

I'm very jealous Mick.

Have a pint of Oyster Stout from The Porterhouse on me. Just might have been the best pint of stout I have ever had. Strong stuff.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Rava wrote:I'm very jealous Mick.

Have a pint of Oyster Stout from The Porterhouse on me. Just might have been the best pint of stout I have ever had. Strong stuff.

I love that stuff. I drink in the porterhouse from time to time and i always go for that one. I'm looking to try a few new ones this time round.

guinness cider guinness cider Bubbly Bubbly Whisky guinness cider guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:05 pm

They're playing 'I Get Around' on the radio. I love that song because there's something sad about Brian Wilson's voice on the chorus - reminds me of Phillip Larkin's lines about 'the strength and pain of being young.'

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Mickado wrote:Heading off to this in 30 mins

http://www.irishcraftbeerfestival.com/

Gonna be messy. Let the Paddy's Weekend celebrations BEGIN!
If she looks like the lass down the bottom, have a Galway Hooker on me, bud Ale

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Ha. Do you come with the pint...?

A Galway hooker is a boat. And also Adrian Flavin.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:21 pm

RIP Merve.

And a mention for Jock up above the bar too.

Afternoon all. On my way back from Exeter on a very crowded train, which is running about 15 mins late. When I get back I'll be heading for the pub many of us met at pre the Sarries v Leinster HC game.

Ale

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:24 pm

Dreamer,

Just read about your fruitless search for a new phone.

If you know which one you want it might be worth checking prices on-line. We have got a couple of phones that way. They have always arrived really quickly too.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:29 pm

MrsP - Think I shall consider that now,but I really wanted it for tomorrow!

My phone is working ok, but every now and then it just goes on the blink, the space button doesn't work properly, it keeps getting changed into French (please let that not be an omen!) or whenever I try to type a letter it comes out as numbers! It's driving me a little bit potty when it stops working and I really want to text people. Ah well. phone networks will be so busy tomorrow, probs no point texting people anyways!

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:30 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:MrsP - Think I shall consider that now,but I really wanted it for tomorrow!

Ma téléphone n'est pas marchée, mais every now and then it just goes on the 6524865136841651, the space button doesn't work properly, it keeps getting changed into French (please let that not be an omen!) or whenever I try to type a letter it comes out as numbers! It's driving me a little bit potty when it stops working and I really want to text people. Ah well. phone networks will be so busy tomorrow, probs no point texting people anyways!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:31 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:MrsP - Think I shall consider that now,but I really wanted it for tomorrow!

Ma téléphone n'est pas marchée, mais every now and then it just goes on the 6524865136841651, the space button doesn't work properly, it keeps getting changed into French (please let that not be an omen!) or whenever I try to type a letter it comes out as numbers! It's driving me a little bit potty when it stops working and I really want to text people. Ah well. phone networks will be so busy tomorrow, probs no point texting people anyways!

Laugh Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:34 pm

I know the feeling all too well.

Like the time i was trying to get tickets for Gibbo. The were seats 106 and 107 in row 6 of section 606 and the "6" button on my phone wouldn't work!!!!!!

Mind you, it had just had an rather unfortunate encounter with a toilet so....

Whistle

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:35 pm

laughing

Can't say my phone has encountered that problem MrsP! just think the touch screen has almost died on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:39 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:
Glas a du wrote:Nage Marc ni oedd e, Reit!

That's almost a line from Pam Fi Duw? - did you ever watch that?

Yes. "Creme Eggs". Wales' answer to Adrian Mole.

It's actually a line off a kids comedy show Mawr, where the bloke who does Scrum 4 sends up Cath off Pobol Y Cwm.

He is also Twm Tishan that Miss G has named her lamb after and Eddie Bytler.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:39 pm

It's certainly not something I would recommend.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:40 pm

Enjoy your journey, Hound! OK

I'm going to have to opt out of meeting at the Queen's Vaults tomorrow - I'll be watching the rugby at home with the pup. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:43 pm

good evening kids, I went to my jamming session this afternoon but decided to have an early one, have a splitting headache so please don't talk to loud thanks.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:43 pm

A jamming session, Biltong? Bit of an axe master, are you?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:45 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Enjoy your journey, Hound! OK

I'm going to have to opt out of meeting at the Queen's Vaults tomorrow - I'll be watching the rugby at home with the pup. Smile

soppy get laughing
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Very Happy We are a couple of middle aged men who decided at the ripe old age of XX to start a band, we've been working hard on our songs because we want to host our own show for all our frineds and family at the end of the year.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Ha, well I won't be dressing her in a Wales jersey, don't worry about that!

Hope she doesn't have a leek on the floor...

Tumbleweed Sorry thumbsdown

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Go for it, Biltong. I always found it quite therapeutic playing in a band.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Malheureusement, un petit merde pour toi.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:52 pm

Right, I am off like a hacking cough!

Run <butonabike>

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:54 pm

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Millennium Stadium Rugby Pub 3933776953 vomit
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:14 pm

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:45 pm

cider O'clock ... Run
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Tumbleweed

Everyone off out elsewhere? Or keeping their powder dry for tomorrow?

I'm tucked up in a Wasps pub in Marylebone having a good guzzle ahead of the U20s decider. Good hoot, and we've just bought some Matt Hampson Trust raffle tickets as the pub is supporting the charity. A good bunch in the Thornbury Castle thumbsup

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:05 pm

And we've just drunk toasts to Jock Hobbs, Mervyn Davies and the retirement of Tom Rees.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Evening Hound. Are you going to Adams Park tonight?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:46 pm

No Rava - getting home is the problem. I would be rocking up in my local hight street when the bad guys are about. Watching it in the pub here.

England are a long way from full strength in this one. Should be close.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Good Luck Dog . Oh and congrats in reaching a millennium of posts. Bubbly
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:43 pm

This game is quick. England pack setting things up, and poor tackling not helping Ireland.

15-6 atm.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Wales u20's are awfull, again.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:53 pm

Unfortunately the ref is missing a lot in this one.

Let's hope he's taken through the tape of the game.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:54 pm

The vision is being coached out of these boys. I don't care what the coach tells you, if there is no Frenchman in the ruck, drive up the guts!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:07 pm

When the Ref is shouting hands off green and your teammate is slapping the back off you and you still don't realise it's you they are talking to there is only one word to describe you - Thick (Ireland Lock)
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next