The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster A vs Connacht A result. Brad Thorn's debut. Mat Berquist's return

+3
Shifty
rodders
Jenifer McLadyboy
7 posters

Go down

Leinster A vs Connacht A result. Brad Thorn's debut. Mat Berquist's return Empty Leinster A vs Connacht A result. Brad Thorn's debut. Mat Berquist's return

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 15 Mar - 4:12

Leinster A 50 - Connacht A 0

Good game. Sunny afternoon in Belvo rugby club.

Most of the 1st team there to spectate. Joe Schmidt and Jono Gibbes turned up.

Brad played the 1st half at a fairly relaxed pace. Mat got an hour. Kicked 3 conversions out of 4 and a peno.

Big Leo Auva'a got 2 tries. Macken got a hat trick. Daren hudson and Dominic Ryan got 1 each, and Noel Reid completed the scoring with 3 out of 3 conversions.

Team look in rude health before the B&I cup game v Munster on Good Friday.

YES I DID PUT THE SCORE IN THE TITLE. But it was not televised. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Leinster A vs Connacht A result. Brad Thorn's debut. Mat Berquist's return Empty Re: Leinster A vs Connacht A result. Brad Thorn's debut. Mat Berquist's return

Post by rodders Thu 15 Mar - 4:14

How did Thorn go?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Leinster A vs Connacht A result. Brad Thorn's debut. Mat Berquist's return Empty Re: Leinster A vs Connacht A result. Brad Thorn's debut. Mat Berquist's return

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 15 Mar - 4:17

roddersm wrote:How did Thorn go?

Just easing himself in. Looks comfortable and happy, if a bit stiff at first. Didn't stress himself to much.

Happy is good as far as I'm concerned.

Scrum was a total weapon. I'm sure he was a major force there.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 15 Mar - 4:47

I didn't know Connacht had an A side! Headscratch
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 15 Mar - 4:50

AlynDavies wrote:I didn't know Connacht had an A side! Headscratch

They don't play in the B&I because their squad is too small. But they play interpros.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 15 Mar - 6:47

AlynDavies wrote:I didn't know Connacht had an A side! Headscratch

Well, not everyone is as cash strapped as the WRU apparently are Rolling Eyes
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 15 Mar - 8:20

Notch wrote:Well, not everyone is as cash strapped as the WRU apparently are Rolling Eyes

It wasn't an insult Notch, I really didn't know. As mentioned above I have never seen them in the B&I Cup. Hug
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 15 Mar - 8:40

Another example of Leinster using their 'A team' very intelligently. WRU take note, this is how you run Regional Rugby.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 15 Mar - 18:38

I think Fitzgerald could have benifitted with a run in this game. Even just 40 mins, he looked (understandably) rusty against Aironi last week.

Delighted Thorn got out there and that Ryan got another game under his belt.

Gutted I'm missing the B&I match on good Friday...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 15 Mar - 21:50

Where are you gonna be Mick?

I think Fitzy was with the Ireland squad there was a pick of he and ROG together, so....

Could have benefited from the run out though.

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 15 Mar - 22:08

It would be better for him to have a game in the Leinster set up rather than just holding tackle bags. Plenty of internationals were at the match so they seemed to have the time off.

I’m going visiting my girlfriends family in Liverpool. Head = wrecked.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 15 Mar - 22:09

It would be better for him to have a game in the Leinster set up rather than just holding tackle bags. Plenty of internationals were at the match so they seemed to have the time off.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 15 Mar - 22:19

Mickado wrote:It would be better for him to have a game in the Leinster set up rather than just holding tackle bags. Plenty of internationals were at the match so they seemed to have the time off.

gonna miss the cardiff game too? Ah Jasus. That's cruel and inhuman punishment.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 15 Mar - 22:29

Crying or Very sad yes, yes I am.

Of all the places, Liverpool. Got to be one of the least rugbyish cities in all of the UK…

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Mar - 3:15

Nice scrum from the match here...

https://youtu.be/pEA5pGLO1eQ

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Mar - 3:25

Laugh

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 16 Mar - 3:40

And here's one of the tries.

https://youtu.be/px-a1Uh_Upw

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Mar - 3:47

You cool cats going to the Ospreys game? If so, drinks before/after?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 16 Mar - 4:00

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:You cool cats going to the Ospreys game? If so, drinks before/after?

So you changed your mind and you ARE going?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Mar - 4:11

I'll be at the O's game alright. Defo see ya for a scoop Pete.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 16 Mar - 4:15

I've missed 1 home game in 4 years, so I'll be there. Might have too many mothers wives and children with me to go on the lash though.

We'll see. I could give Pete his B&I tickets. thumbsup

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Mar - 5:20

Awesome!!! Managed to win tickets in work today!

Today is a good day! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Mar - 8:48

So yes jen in short! Happy out! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Mar - 8:49

Still thinking of heading to Belfast if anyone is game!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Mar - 17:57

Will see how I'm fixed Pete. It's an awkward kickoff time, would have to take a half day from work. Not ruling it out though.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 16 Mar - 19:35

Depends on if we have Wembley, Bordeaux, or nowhere, to go to the following week. Will decide after Easter.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Mar - 19:42

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Depends on if we have Wembley, Bordeaux, or nowhere, to go to the following week. Will decide after Easter.

Good point.

Hoping for Wembley. For numberous and fairly obvious reasons...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Mar - 20:07

Can't imagine Wembely will be cheap. Would much prefer Sarries to Clermont. Can't put into words how much more I'd prefer Sarries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Mar - 20:11

Cheaper than Bordeaux either way. There are loads of airports in London to fly into, plus i've a floor/couch to kip on when i get there. Some craic on the train out of Wembley last year. MickyT armwrestled an oul wan Laugh

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Mar - 23:10

The question everyone wants answered is did he win?! Laugh

Bordeaux is a bitch to get to but the experience would be something else, would love to go at some stage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Mar - 23:38

He beat her 2-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCWppZJRLgM&list=UUc3pSBedYoPQbNcc0l1JYxQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Laugh

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Mar - 23:52

Love it!

Off topic and all but......

the team I wanna see for the O's tie:

VDM-Strauss-White
Toner-Browne
McL-Avuav'a-Jennings
Boss-Madigan
McFadden-O'Malley
Fitzgerald-Nacewa-Kearney Jr

McGrath-Hagan-Cronin-Thorn-Ryan-Cooney-O'Driscoll-Carr/Conway

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sat 17 Mar - 0:35

I would say start Thorn. But other than that it looks good.

Imagine the roar if BOD almighty comes on as a sub. I can't remember the last time that's happened....

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 17 Mar - 1:17

There was a nice interview with Thorn in the IT after this game. Not sure if anyone has seen it. Great player, great pro.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sat 17 Mar - 1:27

I read it Rodders, he has a fantastic attitude. Willing to help "on or off the paddock".

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 17 Mar - 1:33

I can definitely see him starting against Munster anyways.

When is Leo due back?

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 17 Mar - 1:45

Mickado wrote:I read it Rodders, he has a fantastic attitude. Willing to help "on or off the paddock".

Yup, Thorn has done it all and then some. I hope every member of the Leinster squad tap this guy for as much knowledge as they can get while he's here. It's a great opportunity to learn from a modern day legend. If they can subsequently pass on a few tips to their Ulster muckers all the better Hug
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sat 17 Mar - 1:55

Mailed my kiwi mate there the other day, he used to work here but he's now back in NZ.

Me - "yo, Leinster signed some fella called Brad Thorn, never heard of him, is he any use?"

Him - "Nah brah, he's used to play League, he'll be lucky to get a game"

Laugh

Pete, Leo was due to be back for Cardiff, haven't heard an update in a while though.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 17 Mar - 2:02

Laugh
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 17 Mar - 2:03

Leo was out for 6 to 8 weeks starting around the 23rd of January.

Makes him potentially available for next week.

Brown was carrying a knock though.

We may see Thorn and Cullen play a half each beside Toner. Or one of them with Kev taking over.

Give Browne a rest and play him and Flanagan v Embra, Ulster or Dragons

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 17 Mar - 2:05

Hey I wonder if Thorn will line out against Ulster? Might head down to see Tuohy take the auld fella back to school..... Wink
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 17 Mar - 2:09

I'd say Brad will, in a very respectful and humble way, kick the livin fock outa him.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 17 Mar - 2:11

Cracker I'll have to get down to give him a bit of stick from the sidelines! Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down