The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frazier and Norton

4 posters

Go down

Frazier and Norton Empty Frazier and Norton

Post by rapidringsroad Tue 06 Mar 2012, 7:59 pm

As you all know Joe Frazier and Ken Norton were fighting in the same era,both suffered the same fate against the "wrecking ball" Big George and both had the same results against Ali.Being close friends and I think both having Eddie Futch as their trainer they would never fought each other.I think if they had met Frazier would have been too busy and would have dealt the knockout blow pretty early in the fight as Norton wasn't known for his strong jaw though his knockouts did come against some big hitters,Shavers Cooney and Foreman.How do you think the fight would have gone?Norton did take some shots from Holmes and that fight could have gone either way.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Frazier and Norton Empty Re: Frazier and Norton

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:27 pm

Had they both come to fight as if they weren't friends it could've been really good. Norton could punch well enough to gain Frazier's respect, but I'd make Frazier a pretty big favourite. Norton not dealing with punchers very well, and often being found out if he was bullied and pushed back makes me think he's gettink KO'd before the halfway mark even though Frazier was a slow starter.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:44 pm

Frazier by stoppage in the latter stages would be my guess, perhaps somewhere in the round ten or eleven stage of a fifteen rounder. As JBW says, Frazier was always vulnerable early (even in their first fight, Ali did a good job of containing him in the first half, and Bonavena nearly had him out of there early doors, too) but from rounds three or four onwards I can see his pressure being too much for Ken, whose own forté of counter-jabbing would be much harder to establish against a crouching, bobbing and weaving Frazier.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 06 Mar 2012, 10:49 pm

I gotta go with Frazier as well. Dont think Joe would stop him though but a wide points UD would be the outcome if they fought

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down