The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ali v Frazier 1

Go down

Ali v Frazier 1 Empty Ali v Frazier 1

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 25 Feb 2011, 3:28 pm

Muhammad Ali v Joe Frazier one is widely regarded as one of the very greatest fights of all time, and I scored it for the first time the other day using the ten point must system afew days ago. It was generalship and accuracy vs constant agression and I actually had 145|144 to Ali. I'm not crying robbery as Frazier was the reigning champ and a knock down can sway people. Ali's stunning accuracy nicked almost all of the first ten rounds for me, but when Frazier won he won big. Ali being out on his feet for a moment in the 11th and on the canvas in the 15th. Although Ali had some moments too, such as piling on the punishment in the ninth. It's not hard to see why this fight took so much out of Frazier given the amount of sucessive blows to the head he was taking.

So what are other people's scores of this epic duel? It never gets mentioned as an unjust outcome so have I just got something very wrong here? or are there more folks who had Ali winning? Although I'll never agree with the judge who had it 11 rounds to 4 for Frazier...

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down