The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homeland

+26
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
bhb001
Skydriver
SecretFly
teassoc
Dass
SirJohnnyEnglish
Nakatomi Plaza
Mat
rickybehl
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
djlovesyou
SharkSoul
tammywilson52
BeachBoy2012
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Small Time
Biltong
asdral225
alfie
The Galveston Giant
GG
Beer
I Blame Coco
hornbloweroafc
30 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Homeland - Page 4 Empty Homeland

Post by hornbloweroafc Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:26 am

First topic message reminder :

As anybody watched Homeland yet on Channel 4 (sunday nights)?

I have Sky + the first 3 (?) episodes so far but so far havent got round to watching them. I have only heard good reviews so far so will deffo try and catch up this week.

Without any spoilers what are your thoughts on it?
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Homeland - Page 4 Empty Re: Homeland

Post by Guest Tue 17 Dec 2013, 12:05 pm

alfie wrote:So.   Finale has ...finaleed ...  

Must confess I felt a bit let down by the ending.   Be interested to hear what others think when you all see it.

Haven't seen the final episode until next sunday, not surprised if it's a letdown. It's just a cycle now & I fully expect Carrie & Brody to probably be running off together in this ridiculous love story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Dec 2013, 10:39 am

Seen the final episode

I think that has to be curtains on this show now. Brody is dead. I don't see where they can go from now, it would just be running over old ground. Is there a Series 4 planned?

First series was great, second series was slow with an exciting end but the third series was a boring, drag of a series & I think the way they ended it was a good way to go out.

As Saul said, echoing Brody, “When it’s over, it’s over''.

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 23 Dec 2013, 11:05 am

Yeah I think that is it .

In a way , it was closure , I guess. But it seemed to me to rather fizzle out ; somehow the ending was out of synch with the tone of most of the episodes.

It was as if the writers really didn't have any remotely realistic way to end the whole thing ...so they just got bored and wrapped it up as quickly as possible.

I agree with your assessment of the the three seasons , John. Actually thought this last one had some great moments ; but never seemed quite sure where it was going ...and kind of ended up ...Lost.

Perhaps they were not sure whether or not they were going to make a fourth series ...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Dec 2013, 11:51 am

Season 4 is apparently going to be made. I really don't see the point.

I can only imagine that Carrie goes to Istanbul & hires Quinn (the new main character in the show, just seem a natural step-up for his character) to her team & then something either goes wrong with a new mission or Javadi stops communicating or goes AWOL or there is another terrorist attack. Everyone knows terrorism will never stop, therefore another bombing must be included. They might have to get Saul back in as a private contractor, who has the experience & is pinning to get back into the CIA after leaving. Other than that, I don't see what they will do.

Homeland is 'past it's sell by date' in my opinion now, everything from season 2 onwards was a money making exercise.

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 23 Dec 2013, 11:56 am

Really ? Confess I am surprised.

The twin anchors to the show were the - rather odd - love story between Carrie and Brody and the father - daughter relationship of her and Saul.
Take those away and it is just another spy show...

Why bother ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Dec 2013, 8:17 pm

All the rumours going around about Brody not actually being dead. Apparently, it takes anything from five to twenty minutes for a person to die when they're hanged in the way in which he was, instead of the instantaneous drop & neck break.

Saw this blog - ''It would have been very easy to show Brody being cut down, a doctor pronouncing him dead, his body being taken away, but we didn't see any of that. Instead, we got that, 'Four Months Later' cut, with no details at all of how Brody's death had been reported in the press, or how his family reacted to the news. All this added up to a strangely anticlimactic and ambiguous ending for such an important character''.

Also, wasn't Javadi's nicknamed 'the magician' at the start of series 3? As far as I'm aware, we haven't really seen him do a whole lot of magic. Brody's death or faked death would be his greatest trick yet. Javadi knows the US gave him up, he could turn him again in his current state & use him somehow against the US or Carrie in her new post.

One thing's for sure, there is definitely going to be a season 4 I read. Should be interesting. I'm not sure bringing Brody back would be a good idea, they should open up new avenues & new characters or missions & see how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alsie Fri 27 Dec 2013, 9:10 am

Enjoyed this article which surely puts to bed a Brody return and also actually makes me looking forward to season 4

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/16/homeland-finale-brody-interview/

Alsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Aug 2014, 3:03 pm

Anyone know when this TV series returns for it's fourth series in the UK?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 26 Aug 2014, 6:35 pm

It starts in the US on October 15 with a double episode and it ends on December 14. I suspect it will start on Channel four on October 22.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 7:47 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:It starts in the US on October 15 with a double episode and it ends on December 14. I suspect it will start on Channel four on October 22.

Thanks, looking forward to how it continues without Brody. I think the story carries on with Carrie in Turkey, from what I remember reading.

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 06 Oct 2014, 2:25 pm

Well well...back with a bang !

I really didn't think it would work without Brody but how wrong I was... Just watched the first two episodes and I am absolutely hooked.

No spoilers - though some may find the sex scene a bit confronting Smile

But I urge you all to tune in when it is aired in your areas...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Oct 2014, 9:57 am

I wasn't blown away by the first episode, it was decent, nothing more. Hopefully the second episode ramps it up more, as the new story builds. I'm not missing Bridy to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 13 Oct 2014, 2:00 pm

Apologies if I built it up a bit too much , John...

I was just delighted to see they'd put Brody behind them and launched into a completely new story ; perhaps more a conventional spy story now , albeit with a slightly unusual lead character. Plenty of action to kick off and I'm fascinated to see just where it goes.
You may have to put up with a few slow patches yet . I've just watched episode three and there has been a bit of moving the bricks into place - but necessary , surely , at the start of a new season ? Enough suggestion of things just out of sight to keep me hooked anyway.

Though perhaps I am just too invested in Carrie Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Oct 2014, 2:27 pm

A decent start, that will take maybe four or five episodes to build up & for things to be 'put in place'. Quinn is probably the most interesting character for me, glad he's got more of a starring role this series, whereas Carrie is just continuing to be annoying for me.

Had to laugh at the beginning, where they complete a bombing run on a target they have no real clue about, then switch the TV's off with no post-analysis & then commence celebrating Carrie's birthday. So unrealistic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Oct 2014, 10:19 pm

The less said about that sex scene the better

It's actually a decent story being built underneath, but it's just very slow, especially all the looking after the ginger baby nonsense. Should get better though, now things are falling into place.

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:31 pm

Well now , John ; I did try to warn you about the sex scene Smile

You're right it is taking a while to build up (and I think even the scriptwriters are wishing the baby had never been brought into the story) ; but intriguing nonetheless.

I have the impression you didn't get the first two episodes together for the kick off ? In which case we are now a couple of weeks ahead...
So I had best refrain from commenting on the unfolding events.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 22 Oct 2014, 8:50 am

I'm really enjoying this series so far. I was getting fed up by the end of series 3 but this is a refreshing start to season 4.

I like the Quinn development, I always thought his character should be explored a bit more. He is a great actor as well. Lots of actors/actresses try to make that transition from emotional and vulnerable to mindless violence in a few seconds but not many pull it off with as much flair as he did. You just knew, in the restaurant, as soon as the chaps started laughing, Quinn was going to hurt them, but it was still shocking when he did it. Sign of good writing and good acting.

Carrie in Islamabad is a recipe for disaster.

I didn't think the sex scene was all that shocking or confronting? It was only a fat lass. We've all been there before, right?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:39 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:We've all been there before, right?

Tumbleweed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:40 am

John wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:We've all been there before, right?

Tumbleweed

Laugh

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 11:00 am

Actually thoroughly enjoyed episode 3. As I said, Quinn is the most interesting for me & now he's going back to Carrie. Very intriguing. Must admit, glad Brody was removed, it had become stale with him, things are slowly building into something good this series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Nov 2014, 10:25 pm

Just seen episode 4. Actually loving this now & everything falling into place nicely. Carrie turning it on I see alfie.

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 04 Nov 2014, 11:25 am

Episode six and the plot continues to gather pace...

Glad you're enjoying this John and hope we have a lot more watchers tuned in.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:44 pm

Cracking end to episode six.

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 28 Nov 2014, 12:05 pm

John wrote:Cracking end to episode six.

Wait until you catch up with us , John. End of episode 8 ...or is it 9 ? Whatever , the anticipation factor is up to eleven ...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Nov 2014, 7:27 pm

alfie, I must of just watched episode 7, the one with the hallucinations. Not sure what to make of that episode really. I'm expecting a slight lull & then a big build up toward the season end. Been a good season though so far & looking forward to episode 8 this weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 30 Nov 2014, 12:54 pm

John wrote:alfie, I must of just watched episode 7, the one with the hallucinations. Not sure what to make of that episode really. I'm expecting a slight lull & then a big build up toward the season end. Been a good season though so far & looking forward to episode 8 this weekend.

Yeah that was a funny one , John. They've been rather putting Carrie through the mill ...Saul too. So yes we have seen ep 9. But frustratingly the TV station has for some reason now held back the last episode so we get nothing this week...
I guess this means you will catch us up next weekend ? So we may briefly be able to discuss that "big buildup" before the final climax ...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Dec 2014, 12:38 pm

I guess that's the end of the Saul/Carrie friendship, after being recaptured. Actually loving Lockhart this season, thought he was a t**t in the last series. Should be a good finale, now they know who's the leak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 6:48 pm

Agree, Lockhart has come out of his shell. How embarrassingly bad were the 'secret agents' in that camper van thing. I did think if Saul killed himself, that might of meant the show committing suicide itself. Been a good season though, surprised not many people discussing it, think it's been a back to basics series about actual homeland defence. Remember the days of us watching Brody's daughter.........Christ!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Dec 2014, 10:22 pm

Christ, what just happened in those last 10 mins of that episode. Brilliant stuff. Pretty sure they'd have security on that little gate though from the tunnel leading into the CIA compound, but anyway. Clearly Carrie's car didn't get hit. I'm guessing it's upto Quinn to save the day inside the station. I need next weeks episode now lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:03 am

The highlight was Lockhart, 'What the f*****g f**k is going on'.

Was a surprise & exciting end. Probably highly implausible that the US embassy would have a little lock on their main secret tunnel in/out of the station. I'm guessing another hostage situation & Haqqani or whatever his name is, demanding more exchanges.

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:26 am

Yeah you've all caught us up , eh ...

What a finish to ep 9 ! Figured something was going to happen but that ending totally took me by surprise. Cannot wait for ep 10
(well actually I don't have to , it will be on in about ninety minutes here) ... Though I understand there are actually three more episodes in this season so not going to be "settled" in a hurry.

I'll forgive the unlikely tunnel gimmick if it ensures a gripping continuation ...as I'm sure it will. This series took a while to build after a lively first episode but I have to say it has probably been the best of the four (Much as I liked Brody initially , and found his internal conflict fascinating , I think they went off in too many different directions and somewhat spoiled the story after a really promising start. And of course they spun it out too long - not to mention the daughter storyline...)
Not , I must stress that they were in any way poor - I enjoyed and kept watching enthusiastically - but that they could have been even better. Which I reckon this season is , despite losing half the central pairing.
I trust they aren't going to kill off Carrie ; as I fancy a season five...but confess I haven't a clue how this one is going to end up...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 08 Dec 2014, 12:24 pm

Watched it.

You won't be disappointed , people. Roll on ep 11...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 08 Dec 2014, 8:54 pm

LiamB wrote:The highlight was Lockhart, 'What the f*****g f**k is going on'.

Was a surprise & exciting end. Probably highly implausible that the US embassy would have a little lock on their main secret tunnel in/out of the station. I'm guessing another hostage situation & Haqqani or whatever his name is, demanding more exchanges.

Lockhart's fast becoming my favourite character. He can't go five minutes without swearing!

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:48 pm

Lockhart survived Yahoo

Good episode. I've been waiting all series for Quinn to make his mark, been too quite & in the background. Should be a good last two episodes.

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:31 am

Spoiler:

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:09 pm

John wrote:Lockhart survived Yahoo

Good episode. I've been waiting all series for Quinn to make his mark, been too quite & in the background. Should be a good last two episodes.

Hah. He ain't in the background in episode 11 I can tell you ! It's boiling up nicely with one to go.

Loved this episode and I think you will too...But I'm blowed if I can see how they're going to wrap it up : series five surely ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Dec 2014, 10:13 pm

So annoying knowing that Quinn's bomb was never going to go off, Carrie will never be killed off. Wondered where Dar Adal had gotten too, so he's been the mole all along?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Dec 2014, 10:12 am

I wondered about who the original mole was, but then kind of got sidetracked by other things as the series after series rolled by. I actually think Lockhart gave it away, he said 'something is going on', which must mean the CIA have got something going on & it's a pointer that Dar Adal is what he is in the dark about. Dar Adal probably had been feeding Haqqani intelligence for some time now, but only as part of a bigger CIA plan for him to get on the ISI inside. But then what countered that thought, is that Khan recognized Dar Adal in the car at the end, therefore how could Adal get away with being an inside man, when he's easily recognised?

Interesting stuff. Agree on the bomb plot though, was never going to happen with one episode left.

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 24 Dec 2014, 8:12 am

Saw the final episode...not what I was expecting at all...discuss when you've all seen it.

Obviously they're planning series 5. Hope they don't get cancelled...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun 28 Dec 2014, 11:40 am

Excellent season, really saved the show IMO. Final episode a bit 'meh' but OK. Wish Fara had survived. Hopefully gets another season.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm

Cracking season, final episode was a slight letdown though. Is that the end of Quinn, with the letter? Not sure where it goes from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Dec 2014, 11:25 pm

Disappointing end, but a thoroughly enjoyable series. Homeland has been picked up for series 5 as many questions remain unanswered. We have this Dar Adal/Saul business, the plans of Haqqani,, the situation with Tasneem or whatever name is double crossing everyone in the ISI & Quinn's mission/extraction & relationship with Carrie. So there is plenty to work on for another series.

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat 03 Jan 2015, 7:32 am

Unbelievably dull final episode. Looks like they ran over budget on the rest of the series and couldn't afford this one. Poor. Uneventful. Disappointing.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jan 2015, 11:40 am

I was disappointed, but I accept you can't always have explosions & people being killed off in a series finale, becomes too predictable. The writers stated, “I think a show with this amount of political and narrative complexity, can do a last episode that has a change of pace & there needed to be a political conclusion, too, not just an action conclusion.”

The show is called 'Homeland' after all & I think they needed to bring the finale back to US soil, to conclude & gather everything together with Carrie, in preparation for another series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 11:17 am

LiamB wrote:I was disappointed, but I accept you can't always have explosions & people being killed off in a series finale, becomes too predictable. The writers stated, “I think a show with this amount of political and narrative complexity, can do a last episode that has a change of pace & there needed to be a political conclusion, too, not just an action conclusion.”

The show is called 'Homeland' after all & I think they needed to bring the finale back to US soil, to conclude & gather everything together with Carrie, in preparation for another series.

Alex Gansa, producer of Homeland has stated, 'We're shooting in Europe, in Germany. Carrie will no longer be an intelligence officer,' Gansa said. 'We're going to jump two and a half years forward.'

Not sure what to make of that, been sceptical before & they pulled it out the bag.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Oct 2015, 7:31 pm

Season 5 of Homeland on this Sunday. Really looking forward to this, really can't remember how everything was left in the final episode, although a flashback should re-jig the memory. Hopefully we see more of Quinn working independently & I'm sure ISIS will be involved somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 07 Oct 2015, 2:51 am

Started here on Monday...so will refrain from spoilers.

But I reckon it is a strong start - with a new environment for Carrie. And the good news is Quinn is indeed going to feature prominently.
Looking forward to the continuation.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Oct 2015, 10:43 pm

Good starting episode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Oct 2015, 1:41 pm

Hardly surprising really that hacking, ISIS & the Syrian refugee crisis is the storyline this series. Decent start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 12 Oct 2015, 2:38 pm

Big fan of this series.

I would imagine that at some point Carrie is going to end up in that box, leaving Quinn in a difficult position, kill the woman you love or face the wrath of your boss.

I hope they cover what's happened in the last two years. It would be good to understand why Saul hates Carrie and the whole tanking his Director bid came about.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum