The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Villas Boas Sacked by Chelsea!

+16
compelling and rich
Liam
monty junior
JDizzle
Crimey
Smirnoffpriest
Mat
Luke
AlexHuckerby
azania
Fernando
lorus59
sirfredperry
Good Golly I'm Olly
Kenny
Beer
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Andre Villas Boas Sacked by Chelsea! Empty Andre Villas Boas Sacked by Chelsea!

Post by Beer Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Just confirmed on Twitter.

What a waste of £30m.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Andre Villas Boas Sacked by Chelsea! Empty Re: Andre Villas Boas Sacked by Chelsea!

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Just seen it on Sky Sports

Back to top Go down

Andre Villas Boas Sacked by Chelsea! Empty Re: Andre Villas Boas Sacked by Chelsea!

Post by Kenny Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Dont think he was ready for a job as big as Chelsea , feel a bit sorry for him really .

Agree total waste of money when your not going to give him at least a full season .

Roberto Di Mateo put in charge until end of season .

Last edited by KingKenny7Heaven on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Stupid decision in my eyes, he hasn't had the chance to put his mark on the team.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Unbelieveable. STABILITY is what is needed there, not more upheavel. They have to realise that this is a transitition period for their club. Who now? They paid £15 million for half a season from Villas Boas plus however much it cost to pay him off. Madness, complete madness
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:48 pm

Robeto di Matteo has been appointed first-team coach on an interim basis until the end of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:49 pm

They reckon about £20m to pay him off, plus about £15m to pay off Ancellotti and the £13m to get AVB, plus £50m on Torres.

What a waste of £100m.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Jose back for next season ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Mourinhio was sacked from Chelsea, and so was Avram Grant after being a John Terry penalty away from the European Cup.

In League One, the managers of the third and fourth placed clubs in that league were sacked.

With regard to Andre Villas Boas, it all depends on what he was employed to be doing. There certainly seems to have been some disagreements within the dressing room, with senior players apparently criticising Boas' tactics. Boas himself seemed to be quite downcast in his after match interviews saying that the team was playing very badly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:54 pm

No way Jose! Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:55 pm

So now clubs are sacking managers not only when the team is struggling but when the team is doing NOT QUITE WELL ENOUGH. Witness also Huddersfield and Sheff Wednesday in this regard.
Charlton fans might like to reflect on their manager departure some years ago when they were SEVENTH in the Premiership but, stupidly, someone reckoned this was NOT QUITE GOOD ENOUGH. Absolute madness.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:09 pm

I wish I could get a job as Chelsea's manager. Work for less than a year and walk away a very rich man.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:17 pm

AVB has been screwed over tbh he came in put his foot down and Lampard and Co bitched from the very 1st minute and has been a thorne in AVB's side ever since.

Chelsea need a major clearout but its clear the players rule the dressing and until they leave their always going to be a revolving door of managers at the club.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Terry, Drogba, Lampard. Cole, Cech, Torres all have to go. Being an Arsenal fan it couldn't have come at the worst time. I can imagine a spike in Chelski's form now.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:13 pm

ridiclous decision...

he should have got till at least the end of the season!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:20 pm

I would wager money the Roman will be picking the team and Di Matteo is just the front man .

Who ever takes over full time will just face the same problem dressing room , to much player power , not sure how that will be solved as i cant see the so called senior players all being replaced at once .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Would cost an awful lot... But then again Roman doesnt mind wasting $30M on a Shevchenko here there and everywhere.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:17 pm

I heard some bloke has bet £10,000 on Capello at 7/1 to be the next permanant manager .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:19 pm

is it roman abrahimoivch? Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Are you suggesting insider knowledge ? Very Happy
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Thought Capello was meant to be off to Lazio or something?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Does this make Chelsea unmanagble for a while?

Whoever takes over needs to move on certain players, and mold a new side to be up challanging for the next 5/10 years.

Yet these players have so much power that whenever they're dropped they sulk and throw there toys out off there pram. And Abrahimovich always sides with them.

Who'd want to take over knowing that that's the situation.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:36 pm

tigerrobins wrote:Does this make Chelsea unmanagble for a while?

Whoever takes over needs to move on certain players, and mold a new side to be up challanging for the next 5/10 years.

Yet these players have so much power that whenever they're dropped they sulk and throw there toys out off there pram. And Abrahimovich always sides with them.

l'd do it $20M for 6 months? YES PLEASE!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:52 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Thought Capello was meant to be off to Lazio or something?

anzhi machkazla i thought..

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:54 pm

[quote="AlexHuckerby"]
tigerrobins wrote:Does this make Chelsea unmanagble for a while?

l'd do it $20M for 6 months? YES PLEASE![/quote

Only £20 million, at least hold out for £25 million Alex.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Complete waste.

He needed to be given the chance to completely rebuild that side. Lampard is past it, Terry is past it, Cole is nearly past it as is Drogba. He has been proven right on that but because they have the ear of Abramovich it is AVB who has ended up being sacked.

Luiz isn't good enough for them(At least at centre half) and nor is Cahill, who is massively over-rated.

Bringing Di Matteo in won't solve anything, they will have the same problems as they have had under Villas Boas. Can't defend set pieces properly, too open to counter attacks and he will be reliant on players who are coming to the end of their careers.

Chelsea need a complete clear-out, question is will Abramovich sanction such a radical change and who is the right manager to do it? They need someone who will ship out the ego's in the dressing room. I think Villas Boas should have been given this season at least.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Another problem, Mat, is that although the team will need to be totally rebuilt and in an attacking, exciting manner, will they be able to spend enough money to do it considering the financial fair play rules.

I don't know how far off making a profit Chelsea are, or how much they'd be able to spend in the summer while keeping within the rules, but I thought one of the reasons that AVB couldn't go wild in the transfer market last summer was because of these rules coming in.

Tough times for the next manager - and tough ask for Di Matteo to do better than AVB for the next 2 months

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:56 pm

I am actually shocked at this, I genuinely thought that maybe Abramhovic may have turned a corner and by appointing a young, talented manager he was willing to back him for the long run. Some of the big signs that maybe AVB wasn't truly respected at Chelsea were when it was revealed that Lukaku wasn't even his signing, which is odd.

Villas-Boas obviously wasn't doing too great, but they were fairly poor last year as well, and have been on a downhill slope since 2007-8 season where they peaked, and would I think had they stuck with Mourinho would have stayed on top. The league win in 2009-10 was really down to City in the building stage and United adjusting to life without Cristiano Ronaldo.

I think with time Villas Boas would have succeeded, there was signs that he's a top manager, his time at Porto was really, really good, and at Chelsea it was clear he was being held back. I think Villas Boas has to move on from this and hopefully find a club that will allow him to build with backing.

Silly move from Chelsea, I think Capello will be the next manager, and he will fail and get moved on.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:12 pm

They need to sell Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Ashley Cole and Cech. They will be clubs out there willing to pay ridiculous money for those players, I'm thinking that Chinese and Russian club specifically. This gives them some leverage to work in the transfer market.

Get Courtais in in goal next season, apparently he has been going will in Spain so give him a go. Might take him a while to adapt, like de Gea, but he will come good. We will need a centre back, and a left back aswell. Hopefully, with Essien back along with Ramires, Mata and possibly Luiz in midfield that looks decent. Then we will need a striker. It can be done, but we need Champions League football this year. Fourth place is an absolute must.

I'd get Moyes in. I think he will have the balls to say to Abramovich my way or the high way, and he will clear out the players who need to go and hopefully get Chelsea on the right path again.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Mancini's first 40 games in charge of City:
Won 20, Drew 9, Lost 11

AVB's first 40 games in charge of Chelsea:
Won 20, Drew 10, Lost 10

Way to go Roman A.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Cole may be a muppet (face it he is), but he still is probably the best left back in europe.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:18 pm

He'll now be off to Inter, Ranieri is in the middle of leading them on a horrific run. Currently losing at home to Catania and they won't be even in Europe at this rate.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:19 pm

If Capello goes to Chelsea it will be a big mistake and will put back any form of revoultion or regeneration of the playing style/team and he will also fail as I doubt he'd win over the fans/press and it will be another season without stability

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:36 pm

The other name that is being mentioned, and seems to be highly favoured is Benitez. This makes sense as Benitez has a proven track record in Europe, which is what Abramhovic cares about more than anything else.

Although I don't think the players or fans would be happy with that move...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Player power is now a real problem at Chelsea. Lamps, Terry and Cole must be sleeping softly tonight with the back of AVB. I always thought it would end in tears, one the fact of his age and the way it seems there is a 'cliq' at Chelsea in which they decide in the first 5 games if they like the new manager. In AVB's case, they took a look at his age and immediately thought he was out of his depth. What I like about him was he came in to change Chelsea's style of play, and introduce more youth. Strurridge for a start has been their best player so far, Mata will bring more creativity and Cahill will improve with age. Unfortunately, Lamps and Terry but more Lamps couldn't take it that they were not going to be week in week out players, and they threw their toys out of the pram.

To sack a man like Anchellotti and Wilkins who delivered the double for Chelsea was bonkers in itself, then to go after an inexperienced manager such as AVB with that sort of money for compensation was bonkers, and then to sack him with just 10 games to go and give De Matteo the job till the end of the season is even more bonkers. Chelsea are paying the price of a wealthy owner who knows nothing about football. Haven't we all heard that before.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:22 am

Abramovic has money to burn - but where is he getting all this money from ... and is it really his?

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:22 am

martyr_94 wrote:Player power is now a real problem at Chelsea. Lamps, Terry and Cole must be sleeping softly tonight with the back of AVB. I always thought it would end in tears, one the fact of his age and the way it seems there is a 'cliq' at Chelsea in which they decide in the first 5 games if they like the new manager. In AVB's case, they took a look at his age and immediately thought he was out of his depth. What I like about him was he came in to change Chelsea's style of play, and introduce more youth. Strurridge for a start has been their best player so far, Mata will bring more creativity and Cahill will improve with age. Unfortunately, Lamps and Terry but more Lamps couldn't take it that they were not going to be week in week out players, and they threw their toys out of the pram.

To sack a man like Anchellotti and Wilkins who delivered the double for Chelsea was bonkers in itself, then to go after an inexperienced manager such as AVB with that sort of money for compensation was bonkers, and then to sack him with just 10 games to go and give De Matteo the job till the end of the season is even more bonkers. Chelsea are paying the price of a wealthy owner who knows nothing about football. Haven't we all heard that before.

Doubtful. The best thing Arsenal did over the summer was not to buy him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:19 am

yet again the chelsea dressing room rules the club. same happened with scolari. players not playing well enough so the manager rightly drops them and then you hear about rifts with manager and players through the media. lampard, drogba, torres have all been plaaying very poorly. boas was lumped with a load of dud players that he couldnt move. torres wasnt his signing, luiz wasnt. the only bright spark for chelsea this season mata was his though. very harsh on him but chelsea are going nowhere with attitude to managers, so not to fussed

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:03 am

Capello has won the domestic title with every side he has ever managed. He's also not afraid to drop players, look at what he did with Owen and Beckham at Real and then Beckham, Lampard, Owen at England.

He'd be a good shout for Chelsea.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:15 am

I can't believe how swayed people are by the Enlgish media over Fabio Capello. His recored at club football is up there with the best of them, and as KB says he will not shy away from big decisions. His record with England was also excellent. He just happened to have a poor World Cup with a over-hyped bunch of spoilt brats and even then a poor linesman's call knocked them out in the end, even though a QF place would have been wholly undeserved. If I was a Chelsea fan I'd be kncoking down RA's door to tell him to get Capello on board. Give him the right amount of time and the power to make his own decisions on the team and he'll have them back where they were a few seasons ago.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:19 am

What if they are not in the Champions League for next season? Will Mourinho or any other top manager come to them then?

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:23 am

They are still a massive draw due to the funds available, and some managers out there want a new challenge to prove themselves. That's why Guardiola wants to leave Barca (reportedly).

I doubt Mourinho would go there, think if he came back he would go to Man City and Mancini would end up at the bridge.

I questionned yesterday as to whether Harry might switch sides? He's got previous, and he'd get the best out of the players.

The only other manager worth a shout who isn't at a massive club would be Moyes.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:41 am

It was inevitable this would happen loved Gary Neville talking about it on Sky he was angry about it think he shows how highly he rated Villas-Boas.

The whole argument about the players not bein able to adjust to the system is a joke theyre highly paid professionals if they are as good as they like to think they should be able to play any system

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:43 am

It is stupid really. Take one of the highly rated managers in Europe and give him 9 months with a team he inherited. Ridiculous.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:14 am

Red Rom wants instant success, so if the next manager does not deliver he will be gone too.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:19 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:If Capello goes to Chelsea it will be a big mistake and will put back any form of revoultion or regeneration of the playing style/team and he will also fail as I doubt he'd win over the fans/press and it will be another season without stability

Looking back at what I wrote I don't think my meaning came through clearly - I meant that while Cappello is a good manager he's very defensive and RA wants an attacking philosophy implemented at Chelsea (hence bringing in ABV), and as a result have brought in players like Mata and Sturridge is becoming more important, while the players who made the defensive system work so well are on their way out - Terry, Essien, Drogba (physical presence up front, good header, can win you games with fewer chances), even Alex and Carvahlo have gone.

As a result I do think that Cappello's philosophy would work at Chelsea and don't think RA or the fans would accept him and he would be out before being given a proper chance (when have we seen that before), and Chelsea would be stuck with a mixed philosophy, a further season of instability, a mix of different signings and no settled system

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:23 pm

When I said Capello will come, fail and be moved on has nothing to do with his record at England, but rather Chelsea's record with managers.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:28 pm

absoutely ridiclous sacking..

they have left the reins with someone who wanted to stay a no2 after being sacked by west brom Erm

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:37 pm

What a waste of £30m.
do you believe everything in the papers?

he just wasn't a good enough man-manager and obviously didn't handle Lamps in a good way at all.

absoutely ridiclous sacking..
it's a results business sweety and that's how it goes. Di Matteo knows Chelsea and would do alot better than Avb.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
What a waste of £30m.
do you believe everything in the papers?

he just wasn't a good enough man-manager and obviously didn't handle Lamps in a good way at all.

So he won't get a pay off because of that? Laugh

He'll get a huge pay off, plus what it cost to sign him.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next