The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ciaran McCauley's Player Ratings England V Wales

Go down

Ciaran McCauley's Player Ratings England V Wales Empty Ciaran McCauley's Player Ratings England V Wales

Post by Londonwelsh Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:43 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/news-comment/england-v-wales--player-ratings-7440889.html

Ciaran McCauley's (Independent) player ratings for the England v Wales is laughable. England lost yet they outscore Wales player for player but that isn’t the biggest issue, his comments and ratings are nonsense

"Botha, Parling and Croft continually picked off Welsh throws" and the Welsh "Line-out throwing looked shaky as England stole numerous Welsh ball at the set-piece." We lost TWO lineouts. Hardly numerous times is it?

"George North despite having a huge height advantage, struggled under the high ball" No he didn’t.

Ian Evans 5/10 "Another who struggled at the line-out but, like his teammates, was courageous and present in defence" Evans had his best game in a Wales shirt. Defended really well and carried ball well.

Lydiate 5/10 ? Laugh He made more tackles than any other Welsh player 16 and grafted all afternoon

North/Cuthbert both get 6/10, sorry but the game I went on Saturday I saw North make far more of an impression than Cuthbert.

It's an awful piece by Mr McCauley. Some say it's pro English/anti Welsh. I just think its B.S. thumbsdown
Londonwelsh
Londonwelsh

Back to top Go down