The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oliver Wilson

+4
matelot golfer
Fader
McLaren
incontinentia
8 posters

Go down

Oliver Wilson Empty Oliver Wilson

Post by incontinentia Sat 25 Feb 2012, 9:13 pm

I recently wondered what had happened to this 2008 Ryder-cupper and after a quick search in the google machine I found this interview:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/golf/interview_oliver_wilson_golfer_1_2112900

Poor guy, I had no idea what he was going through the last couple of years, hope he can return to some level of decent form this year.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Oliver Wilson Empty Re: Oliver Wilson

Post by McLaren Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:43 am

Got to say seems like a bit of an odd tale from Wilson and I am not sure I buy it. Can't see him getting back to previous form as he is clearly not mentally prepared to accept he needs to get better, instead he seems to have invented some sort of mystery M.E type phantom condition.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:41 am

McLaren wrote:Got to say seems like a bit of an odd tale from Wilson and I am not sure I buy it. Can't see him getting back to previous form as he is clearly not mentally prepared to accept he needs to get better, instead he seems to have invented some sort of mystery M.E type phantom condition.

Bit harsh! Are you a Dr and seen him with his symptoms like the medical professionals advice he has sought.

I admit I agree I think he needs to address the areas of his game that are flawed to regain form of past years and seek that win, but to say you don't buy into his illness is a bit harsh.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:54 am

When you claim a parasite has effected your game you know you are in some serious denial as to the real issues. As I said, nearly as ludicrous as those who claim to have ME and just give up work forever.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot golfer Tue 28 Feb 2012, 12:20 pm

McLaren, is it any wonder you get so much stick with your self important bigotted views? As my mother-in-law was diagnosed with me I find your comments well below the belt. I take offence to you treating it so likely, hopefully it wont affect your nearest and dearest as i am sure you would not brush it off so lightly if you had to experiance it first hand. I will take the time then to respond in kind, in the language you understand. I am sure you wont mind then when I tell you that I think you really are some sort of 'Barclays banker,'

matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 28 Feb 2012, 12:30 pm

To be honest I was more suprised that he did as well as he did for a while and actually predicted a slump for him . Just thought he was a tour steady Eddie who was punching above his weight for a while.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 28 Feb 2012, 12:37 pm

matelot

I know at least three doctors who do not think the scientific evidence for the existence of ME stacks up. Are you sure you are not thinking of MS?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 28 Feb 2012, 12:39 pm

Trouble with M.E. (and many other afflictions) is that, while there may be real cases, there are far too many over-diagnosed cases. It's the same with dyslexia, ADHD etc etc etc.

In Wilson's case, a parasite's a parasite but it sounds as if the major issue was simply his game itself. Hopefully he sorts it out but he wouldn't be the first to burn bright(ish) for a few years and then retreat to the also-rans.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Tue 28 Feb 2012, 5:54 pm

Let's not get in to a full scale debate about ME. It exists, but is still not fully understood. My best pal, a top quality amateur squash player 15 years ago hasn't swung a racket during that period and has been diagnosed with ME. He's continued to work, though frankly I have no idea how given the alarming deterioration in his physical condition.
Mc, if you know doctors who doubt it exists, I doubt they are doctors!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by Caito Tue 28 Feb 2012, 6:30 pm

Very harsh Mac and anyway what has it got to do with ME he has a parasite. Not pleasant I would imagine. Wonder if you would be so bold to his face?

That said he does rather suggest that the problems are with his game rather than his health. As has been suggested maybe just a guy who has had his days of glory.

Caito

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 28 Feb 2012, 6:47 pm

Caito wrote:That said he does rather suggest that the problems are with his game rather than his health. As has been suggested maybe just a guy who has had his days of glory.

OR not, I think he came second about 10 times but never got a win.

I asked him on twitter if he had a desire to play on the challenge tour but got no reply.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Caito Tue 28 Feb 2012, 6:58 pm

I would equate Twitter to posting on a blog site. I meant would you be rude enough to accuse someone of malingering when you know next to nothing about their circumstances. I would hope not.

Ryder cup, walker cup, 4mill won and still young. Not exactly a hacker...

Caito

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 28 Feb 2012, 7:24 pm

Personally I think if anyone uses Twitter then you have a right to ask them whatever you want within reason. It's a better question than knowing what the guy had for his tea.
If he's good enough he'll be back, can't see it myself to any real top level but you never know. I sort of thing of him as a poor mans Howeller.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down