The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlemania Experiment - Cena vs Rock

+16
Ent
Buzzman
MIG
Samo
DonIffy
Dave.
talkingpoint
MtotheC
Kay Fabe
Dr Gregory House MD
psycho-gooner
NickisBHAFC
Gregers
Lee
Bull
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
20 posters

Go down

Are you Team Cena or Team Rock at Wrestlemania?

Wrestlemania Experiment - Cena vs Rock Vote_lcap53%Wrestlemania Experiment - Cena vs Rock Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 27 ]
Wrestlemania Experiment - Cena vs Rock Vote_lcap47%Wrestlemania Experiment - Cena vs Rock Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 24 ]

Total Votes : 51

Poll closed

Wrestlemania Experiment - Cena vs Rock Empty Wrestlemania Experiment - Cena vs Rock

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sat 25 Feb 2012, 11:46 am

I thought I'd run a little experiment in the run-up to Wrestlemania, a kind-of exit poll every week for the final 5 weeks until the show itself, and chart where people stand on their support in the much hyped main event. It will be interesting to see if a certain promo or action dramatically swings support, or if the passing of time itself exposes our notoriously fickle attitudes.

So it's simple - every week, vote;

Are you Team Cena, or Team Rock?

You can make a t-shirt if you want, or a badge, and post a picture of it on Twitter. I'm sure someone, somewhere might care for it.

And you'll notice that there is no neutral button. That's because neutrals are quimmy.

Good luck! (Its not a competition - but sometimes you accidentally click the wrong button. So good luck in avoiding that. Nobody wants to see that.)

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania Experiment - Cena vs Rock Empty Re: Wrestlemania Experiment - Cena vs Rock

Post by Bull Sat 25 Feb 2012, 11:47 am

In The Name lol

Team Bring It!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania Experiment - Cena vs Rock Empty Re: Wrestlemania Experiment - Cena vs Rock

Post by Lee Sat 25 Feb 2012, 11:49 am

Let's go Cena!

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:04 pm

Cena all the way. Rock needed to go over Hogan at x8 the same as Cena needs to go over rock at 28

Which begs the question of who Cena will lose to at 38!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:09 pm

Gregers wrote:Cena all the way. Rock needed to go over Hogan at x8 the same as Cena needs to go over rock at 28

Which begs the question of who Cena will lose to at 38!

Let's Go Slater
Slater Sucks!

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:13 pm

No question at all

Rock all the way. My favrioute wrestler in the world and now favrioute celebraty in the world. Childhood hero and one of man crushes

ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:15 pm

I can see Cena winning this poll until Monday night until the fickle posters on here hear what the Rock has to say.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:37 pm

Cena, always has been, regardless of how well or poorly these guys deliver in the build up, it would be one of WWE's biggest ever man sausage ups if Cena dosn't go over clean.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:50 pm

From a logical view point then Cena has to go over but in my opinion no-one has done more harm to the visual product than Cena so I just cant bring myself to want him to succeed

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 25 Feb 2012, 1:41 pm

I spend far too much of my time on this board analysing wrestling from a booking point of view, I really want to enjoy this matchup as a fan and with that in mind I can't look past the rock. Of course cena should go over clean and the rock should pass the torch ushering in the new icon for the business, but as a fan I wanna see the rock electrify wrestlemania.

I was so impressed with cena's promo on raw last week, it had everything determination, passion, the delivery was second to none, there was a touch of shoot about it and proved that cena is upping his game going into wrestlemania and it's encouraging seeing him with this kind of drive and determination.

So if I'm looking at this from a fans point of view I wanna see my favourite wrestler with the superior ability win

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sat 25 Feb 2012, 1:58 pm

Good to see MtotheC,

This question is intended as a question with your fan's hat on.

I don't care who SHOULD go over
I don't care what's good for business.
I'm talking about entertainment.

Its a depressing state of affairs if people are going into this match and not getting emotionally involved in it, and backing someone for pure entertainment reasons. I think you're missing out big time if you choose to view this as a critique of "the business"

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:11 pm

voted Cena I'm not a fan of his but I also think he deserves to win this match - he may be a corporate kind of guy but I believe he has more integrity in this feud - Rock is a part timer nowadays and his career has transcended wrestling. I'm behind Cena who in my opinion truly represents the WWE in this match.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:26 pm

Cena all day long.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:42 pm

Gosh next we'll be hearing the ever-growing Cena fanboys on here telling us that Punk needs to drop the title to Cena....

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by DonIffy Sat 25 Feb 2012, 3:58 pm

Almost everybody I know including me will say that "If Cena wins, we riot" lol.
I really want The Rock to win.

Can't wait for Wrestlemania, it will be a special night.

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:27 pm

As a fan then it's a no-brainer for me, Rock

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:36 pm

As a fan? Rocky. From a pure entertainment point of view? Cena via screwjob. The place WOULD riot.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Sat 25 Feb 2012, 8:52 pm

I'm a massive Rock fan and I'm really looking forward to seeing him back in action. BUT. I want Cena to win. I think it would be unfair for Rock to swoop back pick up a massive win against the companies top and most loyal guy only for him to f off again. Unless they are planning a long feud. In that case I'd be open to see what WWE come up with. Overall though the most important thing for me is the heel turn. It HAS to happen. If it doesnt happen now then surely it never will?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Sun 26 Feb 2012, 12:33 am

I think we would all enjoy the build up and wrestlemania if we stop looking at it from a booking point of view and simply watch it as a fan without having read spoilers. As for the question, team Rock, although cenas promo this last week was really good!

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 26 Feb 2012, 1:05 am

A clean rock win is the only one with any legs behind it, providing being followed by a cena heel turn.

Cena can win dirty and turn heel, but if he wins clean and we have a handshake many will turn off wrestling for good.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Sun 26 Feb 2012, 3:06 am

I can't believe 50% of you actually want Cena to win, aren't you sick of 8 years of that fool being put over everyone?

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:43 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:No question at all

Rock all the way. My favrioute wrestler in the world and now favrioute celebraty in the world. Childhood hero and one of man crushes

Erm

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 27 Feb 2012, 5:39 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:
NickisBHAFC wrote:No question at all

Erm

Looking at this hahahahaha you have completley owned me mate, could be a good time to say im not gay !

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:47 pm

Team Bring it ftw! Cena should really win but only as Heel.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:02 pm

Great turnout, with Cena just edging it.

Be interesting to see if the next poll swings after Rock's appearance tonight!

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:20 pm

It's a no contest,if we are talking about getting emotionally engaged and really being dragged in as a fan then it's The Rock every day of the week.

He is better than Cena in every single way imaginable and he always will be.

One half decent promo by Cena isn't going to make me start taking him seriously,he is completely wooden and makes me laugh as the "main guy".

He holds the ear of Vince McMahon,Triple H and the rest of Titan Towers and yet hasn't once realized that he needs to change his character for the "business".

Cena is a coaster,and from this point forwards he always will be.Busted his a55 to the top by kissing a55 and doing all his little promotional rubbish,but five minutes in a wrestling gym learning the basics might have been a better use of his time.Any man that claims to "love the business and the fans" would give all the fans what they wanted,not just the children size population.Cena doesn't listen,he doesn't do what is in the best interest of WWE,he does what is best for him.

And that is where my gripe is,everyone jumping on the Rock because he left,so what?.He did it all in WWE in record time,conquered the whole thing and got out while the going was good,pretty smart if you ask me.He has become huge in Hollywood and still comes back to WWE and gets a bigger reception than "the man".

Do you think if "The Marine" had been a box office smash that John Cena would still be around.Do you think if Hollywood had come calling for John that he would still be in WWE?.Because I very much doubt it,he takes the "moral high ground" when in reality the envy is etched all over his Mark Walhberg looking face.

He wishes he was the Rock,he wishes everyone loved him like they love the Rock and he wishes he could work like the Rock.But the fact is,he never will achieve any of those things.Cena is a pale imitation of what I would perceive to be the main man in professional wrestling and the fact that his "reign of terror" has lasted this long is beyond belief to me.

People like to hate the Rock because he didn't leave the WWE in a trainwreck like Mick Foley did or Steve Austin.That's why nobody moans about Austin's abysmal appearances in WWE.The fact that he comes back,drinks some beer,does pretty much nothing and then ends up stunnering a superstar that should be getting the better of him should be ridiculed but nobody says anything.Austin's exit from WWE was more disappointing for me than Rock's,because Rock went out on a high,Austin went out with a lot of rubbish hanging over his head and yet gets treated like royalty when he comes back.

I know Rock's back to put Cena over,anybody with half a brain cell knows that he will and I admire him for that,just like everybody else should.He makes some money,he gets his name out there and he gives back to the "business" that made him a star,I actually don't actually know what anybody else wants from him.

All the B.S floating around that Rocky hasn't put anyone over since he got back.....you tell me who Cena has really ever put over?.CM Punk never went cleanly over Cena in the summer,R-Truth and The Miz were already buried before we got to Survivor Series as well as Alberto Del Rio and let's not even get started on Nexus last year.

And yet Kurt Angle,Brock Lesnar,Stone Cold,Triple H,Chris Jericho all got major rubs off The Rock during his time at the top of the mountain,let alone the countless great matches and feuds he had during his time in WWE.

I have no problem with Cena going over at Mania,in fact it makes "business" sense but don't expect me,and probably many other fans to start fawning over him.He will never be The Rock,never be Steve Austin,Brock Lesnar,Triple H or for me,even Hulk Hogan.

For a man at the top,he has never made his position count and that's why my respect for him is limited.He can do all the little videos of him pushing weights with Consequences Creed (a man ten times more talented in the ring than Cena) and other FCW talents but Cena never used any say-so to get these guys a spot on the roster.

Five minutes on the mic (uncut) and The Rock would turn this whole thing upside down but I have my feelings on how the feud will play out and as a fan I will just accept it.

Cena will get the rub of his career (funny how he called out Rocky all them years ago but never stars like Lesnar or Austin) and it will cement his place at the top.But for me that position will always be false,he will never deserve it and he will never have truly earnt it.

Rocky will go back to Hollywood,he will continue to rake in the cash and his legacy will be protected forever more,just like it should be.

And I'll just sit back and enjoy Mania for what it is...an entertainment program where one "legend" passes the torch to the next generation.I'm just interested to see what the next generation actually does with it because for me the flame is burning lower than ever before.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 28 Feb 2012, 12:16 am

Great passion jjj and with a few tweaks could be a great shoot style promo for someone (dare I say it punk), but cena will never be allowed to be put to the sword like that and will come out on top in this promo feud due to restrictions based on the rock.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 28 Feb 2012, 7:49 am

Agree JJ with every word OK

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 28 Feb 2012, 8:50 am

Yeah but what about Hustle, Loyalty and Respect?

LETS GO CENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:29 am

JJJohnson wrote:It's a no contest,if we are talking about getting emotionally engaged and really being dragged in as a fan then it's The Rock every day of the week.

He is better than Cena in every single way imaginable and he always will be.

One half decent promo by Cena isn't going to make me start taking him seriously,he is completely wooden and makes me laugh as the "main guy".

He holds the ear of Vince McMahon,Triple H and the rest of Titan Towers and yet hasn't once realized that he needs to change his character for the "business".

Cena is a coaster,and from this point forwards he always will be.Busted his a55 to the top by kissing a55 and doing all his little promotional rubbish,but five minutes in a wrestling gym learning the basics might have been a better use of his time.Any man that claims to "love the business and the fans" would give all the fans what they wanted,not just the children size population.Cena doesn't listen,he doesn't do what is in the best interest of WWE,he does what is best for him.

And that is where my gripe is,everyone jumping on the Rock because he left,so what?.He did it all in WWE in record time,conquered the whole thing and got out while the going was good,pretty smart if you ask me.He has become huge in Hollywood and still comes back to WWE and gets a bigger reception than "the man".

Do you think if "The Marine" had been a box office smash that John Cena would still be around.Do you think if Hollywood had come calling for John that he would still be in WWE?.Because I very much doubt it,he takes the "moral high ground" when in reality the envy is etched all over his Mark Walhberg looking face.

He wishes he was the Rock,he wishes everyone loved him like they love the Rock and he wishes he could work like the Rock.But the fact is,he never will achieve any of those things.Cena is a pale imitation of what I would perceive to be the main man in professional wrestling and the fact that his "reign of terror" has lasted this long is beyond belief to me.

People like to hate the Rock because he didn't leave the WWE in a trainwreck like Mick Foley did or Steve Austin.That's why nobody moans about Austin's abysmal appearances in WWE.The fact that he comes back,drinks some beer,does pretty much nothing and then ends up stunnering a superstar that should be getting the better of him should be ridiculed but nobody says anything.Austin's exit from WWE was more disappointing for me than Rock's,because Rock went out on a high,Austin went out with a lot of rubbish hanging over his head and yet gets treated like royalty when he comes back.

I know Rock's back to put Cena over,anybody with half a brain cell knows that he will and I admire him for that,just like everybody else should.He makes some money,he gets his name out there and he gives back to the "business" that made him a star,I actually don't actually know what anybody else wants from him.

All the B.S floating around that Rocky hasn't put anyone over since he got back.....you tell me who Cena has really ever put over?.CM Punk never went cleanly over Cena in the summer,R-Truth and The Miz were already buried before we got to Survivor Series as well as Alberto Del Rio and let's not even get started on Nexus last year.

And yet Kurt Angle,Brock Lesnar,Stone Cold,Triple H,Chris Jericho all got major rubs off The Rock during his time at the top of the mountain,let alone the countless great matches and feuds he had during his time in WWE.

I have no problem with Cena going over at Mania,in fact it makes "business" sense but don't expect me,and probably many other fans to start fawning over him.He will never be The Rock,never be Steve Austin,Brock Lesnar,Triple H or for me,even Hulk Hogan.

For a man at the top,he has never made his position count and that's why my respect for him is limited.He can do all the little videos of him pushing weights with Consequences Creed (a man ten times more talented in the ring than Cena) and other FCW talents but Cena never used any say-so to get these guys a spot on the roster.

Five minutes on the mic (uncut) and The Rock would turn this whole thing upside down but I have my feelings on how the feud will play out and as a fan I will just accept it.

Cena will get the rub of his career (funny how he called out Rocky all them years ago but never stars like Lesnar or Austin) and it will cement his place at the top.But for me that position will always be false,he will never deserve it and he will never have truly earnt it.

Rocky will go back to Hollywood,he will continue to rake in the cash and his legacy will be protected forever more,just like it should be.

And I'll just sit back and enjoy Mania for what it is...an entertainment program where one "legend" passes the torch to the next generation.I'm just interested to see what the next generation actually does with it because for me the flame is burning lower than ever before.

THIS = best promo ever

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:50 am

@ JJohnson- one of the best posts ive seen in a long long time, agree with every word! Spot on!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down