The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxers you only watch to see them lose!

+32
Mind the windows Tino.
two_tone
Lance
AlexHuckerby
Seanusarrilius
BoxingFan88
Knowsit17
Josiah Maiestas
JabMachineMK2
The Boss
Mr Bounce
Soldier_Of_Fortune
bhb001
bellchees
KC
Gentleman01
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Boxtthis
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TopHat24/7
Atila
School Project
Imperial Ghosty
steven24
BarneyRubble
mystiroakey
Super D Boon
azania
Adam D
Steffan
88Chris05
Kelvinj3
36 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Boxers you only watch to see them lose! Empty Boxers you only watch to see them lose!

Post by Kelvinj3 Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:29 am

Are there some boxers that you only watch, or watched, in the hope of seeing them get a bloody good hammering?

Here's my list.

Tyson Fury
Amir Khan
Audley Harrison
Naz
Herbie Hide

Anyone else got any??

Kelvinj3

Back to top Go down

Boxers you only watch to see them lose! Empty Re: Boxers you only watch to see them lose!

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:17 am

Chavez Jr is quickly becoming one of those names for me, I'd say. Fair enough, he's passing his (less than towering) tests so far - but when the day of his first defeat comes, I imagine I'll be taking some pleasure from it.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Boxers you only watch to see them lose! Empty Re: Boxers you only watch to see them lose!

Post by Steffan Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:18 am

Carl Froch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:19 am

Steffan wrote:Carl Froch

Really?

I never would have thought that.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:26 am

K2.
Paq
Arum (give him some gloves first).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:34 am

Seconded! Did you see how he's sticking up for his bestest pal David Haye by completely blaming Chisora? He sucks up to Haye real bad. I bet he laughs at all of Haye's lame jokes.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:37 am

happy for froch to lose- as long as he tells me when

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:37 am

Super D Boon wrote:

Seconded! Did you see how he's sticking up for his bestest pal David Haye by completely blaming Chisora? He sucks up to Haye real bad. I bet he laughs at all of Haye's lame jokes.

In fairness, there isn't a man born who could keep a straight face during Haye's utterly hilarious 'Ha, Wladimir sounds like Borat' routine.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:38 am

Super D Boon wrote:

Yeah Chisora was a 'disgrace' but Haye did nothing wrong according to that clown

Really hope Bute gives him a career ending beating if they fight

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:38 am

mystiroakey wrote:happy for froch to lose- as long as he tells me when
Laugh Nice one

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarneyRubble Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:45 am

Gotta be Audley. Can't help but tune in to hear his delusions despite all common sense telling me otherwise.
Haye's biggest mistake was not Munich but not finishing this joker properly when he had the chance!

BarneyRubble

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:55 am

Mayweather
Rios
Paul Smith Jnr
Jamie McDonnell
Mundine
Tarver
Toney
Khan

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:59 am

The only fighter I want to see lose is Wladimir but while big brother is around that's unlikely.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:00 am

1. Chavez Jr - Although he will be matched easily until he is forced into another weight.

2. Khan - Because I want to see the chode gain a little humility.

3. Pacquaio - Mainly because Arum would lose stock and his fans are horrific.

4. Enzo Mac - Just for the distrubing knockouts.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:10 am

Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao.

The only fight I've ever wanted him to win was against Hatton.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:25 am

How funny, the resident Welsh Froch-bashers both want to see the road warrior lose....

For me it's

1. PBF (used to be because I didn't like him, now because I just want to see if it's possible);

2. Anthony Small (for being a massive twit);

3. Hoppo (to put an end to his boring semi-cheating style);

4. Wlad (someone needs to give the sanctimonious turd a slap).

5. Fury (only if by Price, and brutally, for being a hypocritical ducking pikey).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:33 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:no need to get bent out of shape, Steffan and virtually every Welsh boxing fan hate froch. Who cares? Steffan still contributes otherwise, its the same on every board, it is generic Welsh emotion. Doesn't bother me in the slightest and i am a huge Froch fan.
Well said mate OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:56 am

Cleverly - for giving a fighter ranked 89th in the world a shot at a Micky mouse belt and trying to kid the public into believing it's a credible defence.

Khan - just because he is such a sore loser and it's fun to see his teams faces when they realise the golden goose is turning into tin.

Pacquiao & Chavez Jr - just to see Arum and Roach humiliated live on TV

Enzo Mac - strictly because he has beautifully crafted the chicken dance and gets put to sleep so dramatically and funny.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:00 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Enzo Mac - strictly because he has beautifully crafted the chicken dance and gets put to sleep so dramatically and funny.
Yeah when he was laying on the canvas unconscious and they put the oxygen mask on him against Frenkel it was hysterical...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:14 am

I couldn't give a monkeys. It happens. Its not anyone roses fault the guy has a chin as strong as a cheese cracker. I love seeing devestating knockouts when they happen. Enzo has a particular way he goes down though that makes me laugh.

Always glad to see him get up after, but the going down is ace.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:16 am

Mayweather - still waiting......

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:24 am

I agree with the Mayweather one to an extent. Only, like mentioned above, if it is actually possible.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:52 am

I usually have a preference of who I would like to win but I have never wanted to see a fighter lose regardless of who he was fighting apart from Junior Witter and the fat heavyweights we see all to much of.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:58 am

Bob Arum makes it hard to not want his fighters to get beat. He is doing us a good turn with Rios and Gamboa though. Fingers crossed he makes more like this....(not hold my breath though)
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:01 am

He's making Donaire vs Arce later this year with a view to making the winner fight either Nishioka or Rigondeaux. GBP don't have much that I'm getting excited about.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:01 am

88Chris05 wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:

In fairness, there isn't a man born who could keep a straight face during Haye's utterly hilarious 'Ha, Wladimir sounds like Borat' routine.

To be fair to Haye Chris, Wladimir does sound well like Borat...

I hope that you aren't suggesting that foreign languages (and foreign cultures in general) should not to be considered a source of limitless hilarity!? What are you, some sort of looney-left, PCgonemad, pinko, liberal, socailist hippy??

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:03 am

Rios against Gamboa is a win win situation

Gamboa wins and Rios immediately moves up to light welterweight having lost to a potentially great fighter.
Rios wins and Gamboa moves back down having lost to a very good much bigger fighter.

A loss for either does little harm to their future careers.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:06 am

Gentleman01 wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:

To be fair to Haye Chris, Wladimir does sound well like Borat...

I hope that you aren't suggesting that foreign languages (and foreign cultures in general) should not to be considered a source of limitless hilarity!? What are you, some sort of looney-left, PCgonemad, pinko, liberal, socailist hippy??

Guilty as charged - the bleeders have got to me, too!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:38 pm

"Anthony Small (for being a massive twit);"

Definitely go along with that - proper numpty, also;

Fraudley
Eubank
Bugner [in his later reincarnation]

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:33 pm

I'll be watching future Margarito fights hoping someone caves his cheating face in much like Manny did.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Forgot to add:

Fury - ducker steam

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Kevin M9itchell- I can't stand him. I hope Ricky Burns batters him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:31 pm

I have to go for Cleverley at present. He does wind me up being the latest incarnation of the Warren stable "I'll fight anyone", but ends up fighting no one brigade. My dislike is probably more against Frank Warren to be fair.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Nathan Cleverly
Lee Selby
Enzo Mac

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Nathan Cleverly
Lee Selby
Enzo Mac

I'm guessing you forgot Buckland?

Why would you add Lee Selby to the list though?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Tyson Fury.

And despite actually quite liking them, both Wlad & Vitali Klistchko, mainly because their fights are so repetetive!

Last edited by Mr Bounce on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:23 pm

David Haye. Can't stand the sight of him. So the pantomime villain act is working alright then.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Kelvinj3 wrote:Are there some boxers that you only watch, or watched, in the hope of seeing them get a bloody good hammering? ...
Never have and never will. I also separate out their "out of ring behaviour" from their "in the ring behaviour". I prefer to see the more couragious and more skilful boxer winning based on their "here and now" ring performance. That is, I just want a fair result to the boxing match.

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:18 pm

James Degale - I want him to lose every time I see his face.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:24 pm

Malignaggi
McCloskey
Abraham
Sturm
Cloud
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:53 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Malignaggi
McCloskey
Abraham
Sturm
Cloud

Hating the Magic Man should be a criminal offence.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:57 am

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Malignaggi
McCloskeyAbraham
Sturm
Cloud

The Dudey Army will declare war on you.

They came after me once and I did a liquid dudey in my y-fronts
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:20 am

Audley every time, though actually I'm not sure seeing as every time he loses he seems to grow a little more insufferable.

Nowadays I wouldn't mind seeing Khan get handed another Prescott-esque embarrassment.

Anthony Mundine, one of the lowest most self-deluded tools you could come across. Shame he very rarely fights anyone other than babies.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:20 am

I'm welsh and Froch is my favourite UK fighter....

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:32 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:I'm welsh and Froch is my favourite UK fighter....

I am telling Steffan Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:08 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:

Its already been clocked Seanusarrilius. His add to my foes list is impending...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:13 am

The Klitschkos because they are so boring its almost a joke.
Cleverly - bored of him already.
Tyson Fury - Hes always talking about putting in the effort to get better but then blatantly never puts much in.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:21 am

Steffan wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

Its already been clocked Seanusarrilius. His add to my foes list is impending...

Hahahaha, classic

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:28 am

cleverly
mccloskey
abraham

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:11 am

I have counted the votes so far and at the moment the people with more than one vote are:

Nathan Cleverly 5
Tyson Fury 5
Floyd Mayweather 5

Audley Harrison 4
Amir Khan 4
K2 4
Manny Pacquiao 4

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr 3
Carl Froch 3
Enzo Maccarinelli 3

Bernard Hopkins 2
Wladimir Klitschko 2
Anthony Mundine 2
Anthony Small 2

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next