The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arsenal experiment

+11
sportform
marty2086
TopHat24/7
Josiah Maiestas
dondelero
lorus59
Kay Fabe
John Cregan
ADMIN
cherriesfna
Crimey
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Arsenal experiment - Page 2 Empty The Arsenal experiment

Post by Crimey Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:48 am

First topic message reminder :

Clearly there are a lot of problems for Arsenal right now. They're perilously close to not qualifying for the Champions League for the first time in 15 years, they are out of both domestic cups, and were thrashed by AC Milan effectively dumping them out of Europe. The team is just a shadow of the Arsenal teams of old, even two or three years ago the team looked a lot more dangerous than it does right now. Injuries have played their part, but the facts are that the team needs a major overhaul.

Now, I know money doesn't solve anything, but the Arsenal experiment is this. You're in charge of fixing the team, you can offload players, you can bring players in, but obviously be realistic. Let's say you're given £60 million to spend + whatever you make from sales. Rebuild the Arsenal side.

This is my go:

Out:
Andrey Arshavin
Tomas Rosicky
Marouane Chamakh
Sebastian Squilliaci
Manuel Almunia
Theo Walcott

In:
Klaas Jan Hunterlaar
Fabrico Coloccini
Leighton Baines
Eden Hazard

I think that's fairly realistic. I reluctantly sold Theo Walcott, because I still think the raw talent is there and he still has the potential to be a top player, but I think he'd be able to be sold for quite a bit, bumping up the amount of money to spend, to bring in Huntelaar and Hazard. Get rid of the deadwood who are no doubt on high wages, and then bring in players that can improve the side.

The main problems for Arsenal are a shaky defence which would hopefully be solved by Coloccini and Hazard, Coloccini is a solid defender who wouldn't cost a lot and has proven he can cope with the pace of the league unlike Per Mertesacker. Leighton Baines would love the left back problem that has been an issue at Arsenal since Ashley Cole left, equally good at attacking and defending, as well as making up the English quota, Baines is perfect.

Midfield is actually quite good, a lot of good passers, but it's quite slow and not a lot of penetration, hopefully Hazard would offer that on the wings. His pace and ability to go past a man will be a big improvement on Walcott or Arshavin, he also has a good shot on him so will hopefully add a few more goals as well.

Up front, Arsenal have Robin Van Persie, but as hard as he tries he can't always carry the team. Klass Jan Huntelaar, whether as back-up, or partner to Van Persie would be perfect, as he offers something different, he can hold the ball up well and is a class finisher. He's also Dutch so will hopefully connect well with Van Persie. I can see Huntelaar playing further up the pitch with Van Persie dropping deeper so he can get involved in the game more as it is clear he wants to do.

------------------Szczesny------------------
Sagna-----Coloccini-----Vermaelen---Baines

------------------Song---------------------
----------Arteta-------Wilshere

Hazard--------------------------Van Persie

---------------Huntelaar------------------

Subs:
Fabianski
Gervinho
Gibbs
Mertesacker
Ramsay
Chamberlain
Coquelin

That's just one formation I think they could play.

Have a go at the Arsenal experiment.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Arsenal experiment - Page 2 Empty Re: The Arsenal experiment

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 3:02 pm

couldn't agree more lorus it's been a weird and disappointing season for us but with a few results like this one to give us hope

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 03 Mar 2012, 4:17 pm

I'm furious about that result, time and time again we dominate at home only to come away with a point or less. Really thought we were going to finish you off as well.

Both of Arsenal's goals came from no where, but it was clear that Agger wasn't playing as as much of a legend as he is, Carragher just isn't as good and doesn't have the same understanding with Skrtel, really, really disappointing that.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 03 Mar 2012, 4:25 pm

Im delighted with the result we weren't great but came away with the result Smile

Liverpool need a forward to run beyond Suarez tbh Downing was ridiculously unlucky today as well.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Mar 2012, 4:37 pm

Long time gooner. We stole that result. But kets be hinest here. In liverpool you have to steal to survive. Whistle

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Sun 04 Mar 2012, 3:41 am

I think Wenger has again unearthed another gem in the Japanese player Ryo Miyaichi. He looks to be real quality and the experience he will get at Bolton will help a lot. With him, Chamberlain, Wiltshire and Frimpong the future is looking a lot brighter. They just need to do everything possible to keep RVP.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:56 am

lorus59 wrote:I think Wenger has again unearthed another gem in the Japanese player Ryo Miyaichi. He looks to be real quality and the experience he will get at Bolton will help a lot. With him, Chamberlain, Wiltshire and Frimpong the future is looking a lot brighter. They just need to do everything possible to keep RVP.

Ryo is known as the Japanese Messi. He will be a huge star and with Japanese TV paying a fortune everytime the kid plays if will fill our coffers up. Just wish the board will allow Wenger to reinvest it in the team. With Podolski coming in the summer and Matias Suarez , Arsenal need a creative midfielder and then be serious challengers for the EPL.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2