The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian Magee fight (Spoiler)

3 posters

Go down

Brian Magee fight (Spoiler) Empty Brian Magee fight (Spoiler)

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:58 pm

The big lad went and done it. Thought he would have got robbed on points (probably would have) but fair play, the fairytale goes on and a fight with Kessler was spoke of a few weeks ago.

5th round body shot retired Markussan.

I have met Brian loads of times and he runs a community boxing class in Belfast which he always attends. He is a true gent and deserves the success he is getting at the minute. Amir Khan tried to spout he was a road warrior for fighting Peterson in DC. Sorry Khan, your a numpty with that statement. Froch and Magee are the more recent successful "road warriors"

Good work big lad!!! Long may it continue
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Brian Magee fight (Spoiler) Empty Re: Brian Magee fight (Spoiler)

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:22 am

Just watched the fight and it was a great body shot. He will lose to Froch, Kessler, Ward, Dirrell etc.. but it will take an elite fighter to beat him.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:24 am

On a thread about McGee you manage to have a dig at Khan. Unbelievable. Anyway, credit to McGee. He'll get it handed to him when he steps up again, but lets hope he gets well paid for his efforts, Good guy.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:49 am

Alright Az I maybe should have toned it down on the Khan bit, but the statement of him being a road warrior came into my head while watching an actual road warrior. Still friends?? Xxx
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:55 am

I dunno, at this point in time I think Kessler is there for the taking if there was ever a time with the eye injury etc.

I agree that Froch, and obviously Ward are way out of his league. But fair play to the man. Froch gets praised for his string of fights. Magee is doing brilliant for a guy at 36. The first 6 rounds in the Bute fight he done well and held his own. Btw I see that fight as a carboncopy of what will happen to Froch if he goes to Canada. Bute is under rated because of the lack of quality outside of the super 6.

But anyway, cheers for the replies boys. Gonna finish of this beer Nd snake this fat neighbour of mine before her hubby comes home :-)
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 1:14 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Alright Az I maybe should have toned it down on the Khan bit, but the statement of him being a road warrior came into my head while watching an actual road warrior. Still friends?? Xxx

Hasn't khan fought most of his fights abroad since winning the title?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 5:20 pm

No way he gets past kessler, remember Kessler had a dodgy eye in the Froch fight and still won.

I personally think Kessler is the second best behind Ward in the super middleweight division. He only lost to the absolute best in Calzaghe and Ward.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down