The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael McGillicutty

+8
Shot 21 LCFC
Kay Fabe
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Samo
The_Enigma
MtotheC
Adam D
12 posters

Go down

Michael McGillicutty Empty Michael McGillicutty

Post by Adam D Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi all.

Just thought I would post some weird tweets from 6wf favourite Michael McGillicutty. Today is the 9th anniversary of his fathers death (Curt Hennig) and I think he is taking the day badly :

February 10th. A day I just can't forget... My dad, my best friend... He past away 9 years ago... I miss u dad. I miss u so much! I love you

Dear Dad. Hey man. I'm doin the bst I can. I doin everything you told me to do. I'm not supposed to cry but I can't help it. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines. My name is Joe Hennig. And I'm the past, present and future.

Today, I dont give a damn what u call me. Michael McGillicutty. I am Joe Hennig and I am apart of the greatest wrestling legacy of all time

I miss u Dad. And from here on out, I'm taking over! I love u daddy. RIP Curt Hennig. Let's get this Goin. #Hennig

Feel bad for the guy and hope he gets a break soon.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Michael McGillicutty Empty Re: Michael McGillicutty

Post by MtotheC Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:49 pm

From what I saw of Hennig Jnr in NXT he has real ability within the ring, Raw is another story... He was constantly buried weather that was as a part of the Nexus or during his tag title reign with Outunga- lawler did not help his progression or development, I have no idea why the comentators are obsessed with slating talent if its's not part of progressing an angle.

Hopefully he can work on his development areas and build upon a very soild base of in ring talent that he has. He needs to do something that will make people stand up and take notice of him, however that will have a lot to do with how he's booked, so if the powers that be have little to no faith in his ability to get over he will ulitmatley become another 'could have been'.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Does anyone think that a repackaged McGillicutty could be a contender?

Repackage him as Joe Hennig and have him feud with Ziggler who is trying to be his dad....

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:49 pm

I'd like to see him repackaged into his real name. He's asked before about using his real name but they said something along this lines of you have to earn it. (I Know Right) Randy Orton has also mentioned about him getting his real name and has also publicly stated on twitter about McGillicutty getting his real name back.

I havn't seen much of him to be honest. I did see him when he held the tag titles. and maybe the odd match from superstars but thats it really. He does look technically good in parts, Perhaps maybe repackage him as part of a 2nd genertaion tag team with another start who's looking for a break? If he was to feud with Ziggler, I could only see a mini feud that would last 2-3 weeks tops. Zigglers miles ahead of him in terms of ability. Maybe they should start getting him on Smackdown (I'm not sure what roster he is apart of) maybe that could give him a fresh start. Maybe go for the IC title. Cody's not had much to do lately. Maybe go for the title and perhaps appear at one PPV going for the title that his dad held? I don't know at the end of the day its what the bookers think

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:05 pm

I dont think repackaging him with his real name will save him. They tried to reinvent the Million Dollar Man with DiBiase and that fell flat. Todays core audience dont care about the past.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:54 am

In storylining - was Mr. Perfect ever known as Joe Hennig?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:57 am

Curt Hennig OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:59 am

That's what I meant Laugh

Bu was he ever actually called that in WWF? Or was he just Mr. Perfect?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:11 am

Maybe Joe could be known as Mr Almost Perfect and have a T-shirt like Rosie used to with Perfect in Training.

Or Joe could become a Prefect.

Just a couple of very bad ideas for you.

On a more serious note I really didn't think that Joe looked that impressive Husky Harris for me was far more entertaining. Both have terrible ring names though.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:21 am

Joe should be given his real name and should be re-packaged only he should be the polar opposite of Perfect, he should mess up everything and just be a total wreck, just when everything is going well he'll say or do something and mess it all up

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:22 am

Already removed - very incensitive on a day when obviously MM is hurting.

This thread had already been tweeted out there as well.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:23 am

Rest in peace Mr Perfect.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:26 am

What did i say?!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by RAMbo Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:01 am

I remember a few months back I was switching through the channels and saw that NXT was on. The match that stood head and shoulders above the rest was A Ri against Michael McGillicutty. McGillicutty really bought out the best in A Ri who for me, is not a bad performer but a bit hit and miss. I remember thinking that if two stars higher up the roster put that match together it certainly wouldn’t look out of place at one of the big PPV events. He was also decent on the mic in the pre-match promo

McGillicutty definitely needs re-packaging & here is how I would do it (never done one of these before so be gentle!)

Have McGillicutty appear on Raw and cut a short promo where he says something about being the son of Mr Perfect - one of the greatest of all time, have him talk about his dad's achievements in the industry and maybe even show a video package for the younger fans. Have him say that he hasn't got the recognition he deserves and from now on he is going to emulate his father and become the perfect WWE superstar.

Over the next few weeks have him trying to be the "perfect" superstar but in a misguided way like trying to copy other established superstars, we could see him for example, trying to copy the Di Biase car park party but have no one turn up. See him trying to drive to the ring like Del Rio only to crash the car into the stage or for it to break down. Have each and every attempt go completely wrong whilst having McGillicutty going through a pretty poor run of results in the ring, have him doubt himself and then eventually snap and not be seen on screen for a while.

During all of this time Cody Rhodes is continuing to run with the IC title and talking up being the greatest IC champion of all time. Rhodes wins a 6 pack challenge match at a big PPV, preferably Summerslam to retain the title and mockingly says he has just confirmed his place as the greatest IC champion ever then McGillicutty comes down, attacks Rhodes and clears house of the other 5 guys too. He stares Rhodes out of the arena.

McGillicutty can then cut a promo the next night on Raw to say he has been misguided in his previous attempts to be perfect. He has been perfect all along because he is a Henning, he is Joe Henning and he will not stand by and let Rhodes soil his fathers legacy as one of the greatest IC champions ever. Rhodes can say he considers Henning to be beneath him. Henning doesn't let it lie and tears through the lower card until he earns a title shot with Rhodes and beats him at Wrestle Mania.

Kind of long but what do you reckon?

RAMbo

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:48 am

Electric Demon wrote:That's what I meant Laugh

Bu was he ever actually called that in WWF? Or was he just Mr. Perfect?

I think he was in his last run with the WWE although he was still playing and announced as the Mr. Perfect character.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:47 am

We've discussed this at long length over on Trash Talk in the past, he NEEDS to be rebranded with a fast food vendor gimmick of some sort. We came up with between 50-100 different gimmick ideas.

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:49 am

Gorilla Monsoon often referred to him as Curt Hennig Mr Perfect then referring to Larry the Axe

The whole repackaging stuff, what I'm not a big fan of is when a guy like Hennig is repackaged and then suddenly becomes invincible, it works sometimes but a lot of times it's best to get away from TV and comeback as a different character altogether with no hints at who they used to be in a former guise, the two oustanding repackage jobs was obviously The Roadie and Rockabilly who basically did a worked shoot

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down