The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPOILER: Update on the plans for this year’s WWE HOF ceremony

+4
Samo
The Awesome Giz
Kay Fabe
VDT
8 posters

Go down

SPOILER: Update on the plans for this year’s WWE HOF ceremony Empty SPOILER: Update on the plans for this year’s WWE HOF ceremony

Post by VDT Thu 09 Feb 2012, 3:07 pm

The update on WWE Hall of Fame plans are for:

* Steve Austin to induct Mike Tyson

* Alberto Del Rio to induct Mil Mascaras

* Christian to induct Edge

* JBL to induct Ron Simmons

* The Rock to induct Yokozuna

* Triple H and Shawn Michaels to induct the Four Horsemen

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter#

I’m sorry, but no one belongs on that list until Randy Savage is inducted into the Hall of Fame. Mil Mascaras I can see, but even then, I’m sorry, but Randy Savage had a bigger impact on wrestling universally than Mil Mascaras. Yes he is #1 in Mexico, and highly thought of in Japan, but elsewhere in the world he is a virtual unknown. Randy Savage is known worldwide.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

SPOILER: Update on the plans for this year’s WWE HOF ceremony Empty Re: SPOILER: Update on the plans for this year’s WWE HOF ceremony

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 09 Feb 2012, 3:19 pm

The Genius said Savage didn't want to go in it unless they inducted the whoole Poffo family

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

SPOILER: Update on the plans for this year’s WWE HOF ceremony Empty Re: SPOILER: Update on the plans for this year’s WWE HOF ceremony

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu 09 Feb 2012, 3:19 pm

Yeah but everyone on that list is on/was on good terms with WWE. That said the hall of fame is all about politics. Yokozuna is the Rocks cousin or something so that was probably suggested by Dwayne as he likes to be known, and Mil Mascaras is Del Rios uncle.

Barring Tyson all of the above deserve their night of recognition and remembrance.

If Savage hadn't sadly passed away then WWE will still choose to forget him and none of this would relevant.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 09 Feb 2012, 3:21 pm

the-gaffer wrote:The Genius said Savage didn't want to go in it unless they inducted the whoole Poffo family

Throw Leaping Lanny in as well then
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 09 Feb 2012, 3:26 pm

Mil Mascaras - argueably the biggest Mexican wrestler ever.

Edge - The best thing in the WWE from 2005. Consistently at the top of his game.

Ron Simmons - First black World Champion

Yokozuna - part of one of the biggest families in wrestling, and left a huge legacy.

Four Horseman - Often refered to as the greatest stable ever.

I agree with Giz, they all deserve to be there. This year is alot better than last.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Thu 09 Feb 2012, 3:52 pm

With more celebrities being inducted now, do you think we'll soon have bands like Nickelback and Motorhead etc being inducted? Nickelback have done Raw and PPV theme tunes and Motorhead have a big association with Triple H and performed at Mania 17. They've done more than than Drew Carey.

All in favour of Snooki to headline next year's say aye!.....

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 09 Feb 2012, 4:01 pm

Samo wrote:Mil Mascaras - argueably the biggest Mexican wrestler ever.

Edge - The best thing in the WWE from 2005. Consistently at the top of his game.

Ron Simmons - First black World Champion

Yokozuna - part of one of the biggest families in wrestling, and left a huge legacy.

Four Horseman - Often refered to as the greatest stable ever.

I agree with Giz, they all deserve to be there. This year is alot better than last.

You missed Mike Tyson Whistle

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 09 Feb 2012, 4:03 pm

Mark_Seven wrote:With more celebrities being inducted now, do you think we'll soon have bands like Nickelback and Motorhead etc being inducted? Nickelback have done Raw and PPV theme tunes and Motorhead have a big association with Triple H and performed at Mania 17. They've done more than than Drew Carey.

All in favour of Snooki to headline next year's say aye!.....

I like the idea of bands being inducted, i'd throw Papa Roach in as well
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 09 Feb 2012, 4:17 pm

Celebrities are only inducted in the HOF to give the whole event some Hollywood glitz. In that respect Tyson is a great inductee, even though he had a fleeting connection with the WWE.

I think the Horseman, Simmons and Yokozuna are good HOF's. I think it would have been a little early for Edge (I still think he has much to give the WWE in a non-wrestling role). Mil Mascaras I can't really comment on as I am not that really knowledgable on him. However, with HHH's big push into Mexcio (Sin Cara for instance), it makes business sense. The HOF will probably be shown on Mexican TV and will get viewers for this reason.

The whole Randy Savage debate is tiring now. He should be inducted, but won't be. It is a poisoned chalice for the WWE - as soon as they announce he is to be inducted, they will be accused of cashing in on his death when they could not be bothered (for whatever reasons) when he was alive.

You have to remember that the HOF is firstly a business exercise and then secondly a celebration of by-gone talent.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 09 Feb 2012, 4:26 pm

I think Edge maintained that when he was done with being a professional wrestler, that was him done with the business as a whole, bar maybe the odd fleeting appearance. Now we all know the wrestlers rarely stay true to their word but it seems Edge has so far stuck to his, so his induction into the HOF isn't that early considering.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 09 Feb 2012, 4:36 pm

Maybe then his HOF was at his request, to draw a line under everything so he can move on.

Purely guessing there, but makes sense.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 09 Feb 2012, 4:50 pm

sodhat wrote:
You missed Mike Tyson Whistle

Mike Tyson - ....turned up in 99, had a stand of with Austin... eh... pffffff...

I'll get back to you.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 09 Feb 2012, 5:15 pm

VDT wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:The Genius said Savage didn't want to go in it unless they inducted the whoole Poffo family

Throw Leaping Lanny in as well then

Erm...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down