The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piers Morgan

+8
Aidan11
RinoGattuso
dummy_half
Cari
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
ReallyReal
Thomond
Sugar Floyd Louis
12 posters

Go down

Piers Morgan Empty Piers Morgan

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Why's he hated so much? does seem to wum people but people genuinely HATE the guy. I can't see why.

I've seen some Piers Tonight interviews and I don't think I've seen many interviewers get the most out of their guests as much as he does.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Piers Morgan Empty Re: Piers Morgan

Post by Thomond Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Maybe it's to do with what he did in charge of various newspapers? He was known for being quite risque with what he let go on the front page.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:04 am

He allowed a major newspaper to go into print with a front page that showed the military in a bad light and he was editor at the time, the fact that he knew the whole story and the photo used were fake repulses me, add to that his blatant insider trading, him being boss of a newspaper when phone hacking was rife and what do you get?

A man who deserves no less than hatred and IMO somewhat more, maybe a prolonged painful death would be a just end for this vile scumbg.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:06 am

A bit unnecessary.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:28 pm

Electric Demon wrote:A bit unnecessary.
Not in the slightest, I've actually restrained my comment due to it being put out there for all to see, the guy really is a vile lying scumbag who deserves to suffer as much as those he made feel like they were in hell when he was boss of The Mirror add the fact he should have done many years for insider trading and you think my comment went too far laughing , if I ever met him he'd get fat worse, heck I'd probably end up in jail as I hate how he's got away with everything almost as much as I hate him.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:07 pm

ReallyReal... I didn't know about this... I sensed he must've done something so bad I wasn't aware of.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:27 pm

I think Piers Morgan peed off a lot of people when he was "showbiz" journalist for the papers. He courted a lot of controversy with his invasive, couldn't-care-less attitude towards celebrities and their privacy and he's been forced to apologise a few times for overstepping the mark with his journalism. He's also had a few well known "feuds" with celebrities including Ian Hislop, Jeremy Clarkson, Madonna and Alan Sugar. Nowadays, he just comes across as smarmy, arrogant, self satisfied when in reality, he's just crap on the telly. He's certainly in no position to be judging contestants on talent shows.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:42 pm

jay-z wrote:ReallyReal... I didn't know about this... I sensed he must've done something so bad I wasn't aware of.
1, When he was at The Mirror he invested every penny he had; even selling some things to raise extra cash; about £70,000 overall, in shares in a company few had heard of (Viglen), he even invested some of the money in his wifes name to try and hide it, not long after the business page in the paper tipped the company to do great things and obviously the shares increased rapidly in value.
He was even found guilty of breaching the Code of Conduct on financial journalism by the PPC (Press Complaints Commission), yet he didn't lose his job and never went to court to face any charges, the words 'farce' and 'coverup' spring to mind here.

2. His general attitude to 'truth' and 'decency' when he was editor of the paper left a lot to be desired (read: he wouldn't know truth or decency even if he was sitting between Jesus and the Buddah) and there are many, many, many articles around the net that shine a light on his 'morals', just ask Heather Mills, Ian Hislop or any number of people who are willing to put their head above the parapets just to tell the truth.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:18 pm

i cant stand Piers Morgan..

vile, smug person who i just want to hit!

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Reallyreal

I didn't realise that Morgan was also involved in the insider trading scam - link confirms
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/sacked-mirror-slickers-face-law-712044.html

He's a smarmy, condescending ... who has barely a nodding aquaintence with the truth, yet for some reason has continued his climb up the greasy pole in the entertainment industry (and I think it is very telling that it is entertainment and not news or politics that he's ended up in) despite several occasions where he has pushed the legal boundaries rather a long way.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:44 pm

dummy_half wrote:I didn't realise that Morgan was also involved in the insider trading scam - link confirms
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/sacked-mirror-slickers-face-law-712044.html

He's a smarmy, condescending ... who has barely a nodding aquaintence with the truth, yet for some reason has continued his climb up the greasy pole in the entertainment industry (and I think it is very telling that it is entertainment and not news or politics that he's ended up in) despite several occasions where he has pushed the legal boundaries rather a long way.
I lost all respect for the PPC and the CPS the day I heard he wasn't going to face court over his blatant insider trading, to me it seems fairly obvious that not only was he 100% guilty, but that he had enough 'influence' in high enough places to get away with it.
I don't trust either organisation at all anymore, that may seem excessive (for the CPS), but how can anyone have faith in the impartiality of either, when cases like Morgans criminality go unpunished, as I said previously, the only words I can use without facing jail myself are 'farce' and 'coverup'?

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:07 pm

I like him.

It's just another person that it's 'cool' to hate him.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:15 pm

#HEEL wrote:I like him.

It's just another person that it's 'cool' to hate him.

no, it isnt..the guy is vile, smug and has no morals!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan11 Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:51 am

Piers Morgan was found out by Ian Hislop with regards to something and Private Eye published this.

As a result Morgna sent reporters round Hislop's house 24/7 to spy on him. One journo even asked his local vicar for dirt.

Needless to say when the two appeared on HIGNFY it got a bit tasty and Morgan ended up looking the fool.

Aidan11

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QfW58Efcck

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:54 am

He allowed a major newspaper to go into print with a front page that showed the military in a bad light
so he told the absolute truth then. Not sure why anyone would defend our "military".
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
He allowed a major newspaper to go into print with a front page that showed the military in a bad light
so he told the absolute truth then. Not sure why anyone would defend our "military".

I think the issue is that he used fake evidence while portraying them in a certain way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:17 am

These Olympics seem to be shedding new on the issue. I won't go into the national anthem debate here although I am contemplating devoting a thread to it such is the extent it nags me. Suffice to say Piers Morgan is a plonker of the highest order.

What else... The fake photo fiasco reported above. The campaign to invade the privacy and besmirch the names of everybody who doesn't get along with him (Ian Hislop) as also stated above. The very realistic chance of him being involved in phone-hacking aka privacy-invasion again. Isn't this enough?

How he's managed to avoid a jail cell says more about our laws and politics than for the man's cunning.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down