The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justin Morgan staying or leaving ? UPDATED 4th Aug Hull KR announce Morgan to leave

5 posters

Go down

Justin Morgan staying or leaving ? UPDATED 4th Aug Hull KR announce Morgan to leave  Empty Justin Morgan staying or leaving ? UPDATED 4th Aug Hull KR announce Morgan to leave

Post by Kenny Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:41 pm

Justin Morgan was asked by the Hull Daily Mail to clarify his position at Hull KR for next season after reports suggest he has been interviewed for the soon to be vacant Castleford job and also reports in The Sydney Morning Herald linking him to the New Zealand Warriors .
Morgan stated he would happily stay at Rovers and that he was 100 % committed and would not comment on speculation .
He said he was very happy at Rovers and had a very strong relationship with the players and chairman .
What he didnt say was NO im not interested in those jobs .

Will this stop the rumours ?
Dont think so, Justin is a good young coach and other teams will be interested .

Do i agree with everyting he does ? No . Somethings have been handled poorly this season but the board need to take some of the blame , my one real qualm is not enough young players given chances rather then senior players playing out of position .But hes the coach and its him who gets the flack .

I hope he stays , i just wish he would just come out and say he is .

UPDATE ------ 4TH AUGUST ----------------

Hull KR have announced that Justin Morgan will leave at the end of the current season , statement reads ; Both partys feel it is the right time for both ourselves and Justin to part company , we would like to thank Justin for all he has done in bringing Rovers forward and wish him well in his future endevours .

Last edited by KINGKENNY7HEAVEN on Thu 04 Aug 2011, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Justin Morgan staying or leaving ? UPDATED 4th Aug Hull KR announce Morgan to leave  Empty Re: Justin Morgan staying or leaving ? UPDATED 4th Aug Hull KR announce Morgan to leave

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 20 Jul 2011, 7:55 am

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:Justin Morgan was asked by the Hull Daily Mail to clarify his position at Hull KR for next season after reports suggest he has been interviewed for the soon to be vacant Castleford job and also reports in The Sydney Morning Herald linking him to the New Zealand Warriors .
Morgan stated he would happily stay at Rovers and that he was 100 % committed and would not comment on speculation .
He said he was very happy at Rovers and had a very strong relationship with the players and chairman .
What he didnt say was NO im not interested in those jobs .

Will this stop the rumours ?
Dont think so, Justin is a good young coach and other teams will be interested .

Do i agree with everyting he does ? No . Somethings have been handled poorly this season but the board need to take some of the blame , my one real qualm is not enough young players given chances rather then senior players playing out of position .But hes the coach and its him who gets the flack .

I hope he stays , i just wish he would just come out and say he is .
He's nobodys fool.he is an intelligent man. I agree with you that he hasn't done enough to promote your players. I honestly think that IF he is offered a head coaches job at NRL he will take it, he would be a fool not to, and as i've said he's nobodys fool.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Justin Morgan staying or leaving ? UPDATED 4th Aug Hull KR announce Morgan to leave  Empty Re: Justin Morgan staying or leaving ? UPDATED 4th Aug Hull KR announce Morgan to leave

Post by Kenny Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

Like i said i dont want to see him go but if its to the NRL then i would understand it as the oppertunity doesnt come around often .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Wed 20 Jul 2011, 2:40 pm

Think Brian McLennan has the inside running on the Warriors job, however it is fair enough that the Warriors look at other candidates to and Morgan knows the culture of the club having played there. Personally, I'd like to see Bluey take the role

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 20 Jul 2011, 4:06 pm

chewed_mintie wrote:Think Brian McLennan has the inside running on the Warriors job, however it is fair enough that the Warriors look at other candidates to and Morgan knows the culture of the club having played there. Personally, I'd like to see Bluey take the role

the article did say something about both going with Morgan as coach and Mclennan in a coaching director role . cant get the article to linkup
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 24 Jul 2011, 7:54 pm

I have total respect for Justin Morgan, but after today it might be a case of him jumping before he's pushed. It's all gone horribly wrong for him at rovers.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:41 pm

I think Justin will be mortified by Rovers display today , still got the play offs to go for then we will see what happens , like ive said id like him to stay but i really dont know if he will .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 25 Jul 2011, 9:11 pm

If he was unsure as to what to do i would think his mind is made up now.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by BicesterWarrior Tue 26 Jul 2011, 3:03 pm

Why would he get the Warriors job?

He's keeping his options open, KR are keeping their options open.

Kear's staying at Wakey etc To early to say which coach is going where.

BicesterWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 04 Aug 2011, 11:24 am

Shame he's leaving , but we move on .

John Kear early favourite among fans , Brian Noble and current assistant coach Andrew Webster aslo possibilities .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:39 pm

It is a shame he's leaving. He's built a decent side there. Maybe someone else might me able to move them forward.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 04 Aug 2011, 2:05 pm

I always thought he was a good coach. He's probably taken them as far as he can, but i've no doubts what so ever, whichever side he coaches next will improve under him.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down