The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh sign Georgian back row

5 posters

Go down

Edinburgh sign Georgian back row Empty Edinburgh sign Georgian back row

Post by justified sinner Tue 07 Feb 2012, 5:24 pm

Not sure about this, haven't seen it reported elsewhere yet, but from ERSC site and apologies for the Boratesque translation.

http://worldsport.ge/Read.aspx?news=30922&lang=2

Why do we need a backrow?

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh sign Georgian back row Empty Re: Edinburgh sign Georgian back row

Post by bsando Tue 07 Feb 2012, 5:35 pm

I am sad about this. Seems an unjust way for a player who contributed so many points for Scotland to go.

I was at Scotland vs SA match and that will forever be lodged in my memory as one of my favourite Scotland games, Dan Parks was crucial in that win.

His penalty kick against Ireland in 2010 is probably one of the best kicks i've ever seen. It was going to determine the result of the game, he was kicking from a fairly tight angle and there was a cross wind to deal with. Dan slotted it perfectly, claiming it before it had even gone through.

I'll also miss his low kicking style, I have always thought he adopted that from aussie rules.

Good luck in the future Dan, I am one Scotland fan who will miss your contributions.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Tue 07 Feb 2012, 5:42 pm

bsando wrote:I am sad about this. Seems an unjust way for a player who contributed so many points for Scotland to go.

I was at Scotland vs SA match and that will forever be lodged in my memory as one of my favourite Scotland games, Dan Parks was crucial in that win.

His penalty kick against Ireland in 2010 is probably one of the best kicks i've ever seen. It was going to determine the result of the game, he was kicking from a fairly tight angle and there was a cross wind to deal with. Dan slotted it perfectly, claiming it before it had even gone through.

I'll also miss his low kicking style, I have always thought he adopted that from aussie rules.

Good luck in the future Dan, I am one Scotland fan who will miss your contributions.

Bsando think this might be a cross post from the Parks thread?

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 07 Feb 2012, 6:12 pm

what the!?! Sorry dunno how that happened.. I think they deleted the post I was gonna contribute in.

I'm an Edinburgh fan though, so a Georgian back row! I thought we had a solid back row already with denton, talei, grant, rennie etc!

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Tue 07 Feb 2012, 6:39 pm

MacDonald. Rambo and the young guys coming through. If he plays 6 though that could be good esp during International windows.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 07 Feb 2012, 6:43 pm

bsando wrote:what the!?! Sorry dunno how that happened.. I think they deleted the post I was gonna contribute in.

I'm an Edinburgh fan though, so a Georgian back row! I thought we had a solid back row already with denton, talei, grant, rennie etc!

I did merge a couple of the Parks threads together, sorry if you got caught out. The main thread is over in the International section if you want to copy the comment in over there Smile
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 07 Feb 2012, 9:52 pm

A very odd signing imo, Edinburgh need grunt in the second row and a quality tighthead, not another multi-faceted backrower

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 08 Feb 2012, 9:42 am

And they sign some prop cover till the end of the season: Ulisses Gamboa - I love this guy's name OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 08 Feb 2012, 12:17 pm

I can understand the prop cover, but the backrow signing is odd. The only non-Scots these guys should be signing are those of top quality (e.g. Talei) that really add something, or may one day qualify for Scotland (e.g. Visser). No foreign journeymen please, there's too much young Scottish talent.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down