The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Society websites

3 posters

Go down

Golf Society websites Empty Golf Society websites

Post by Sports_Fanatic Sun 05 Feb 2012, 3:47 pm

Hi all,

Could do with some more help.

Really want to play more golf this year, also at other courses to my own. To do this I was thinking of organising a mini golf society for a group of 20/24 of us who play together, where we would play once a month over the summer with an underlying mini competition element.

I thought it would be good to do it properly and have a website which provides details of the events, tracks peoples scores, shows the current leaderboard after each round and keeps track of handicaps etc for those that aren't a member anywhere.

There seems a few golf society websites that basically provide a template/platform to use but I was wondering if anybody has used them, and could recommend one. I don't mind paying a small fee but would want the page free for others in the group to access.

Thanks

Sports_Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Golf Society websites Empty Re: Golf Society websites

Post by Noel Sun 05 Feb 2012, 5:35 pm

I was looking recently to book a tee time at Aldersley Green near Chester and when typed in tee times this came up "The MellWood Golf Society".
They were playing there and clearly they advertise very well the things you may be looking for. Have a look at their golf society page and other pages connected to it. I know very little of compuers but would have thought this would fits your needs and would be relatively inexpensive.

Noel

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot golfer Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:32 pm

Have a look at www.societygolfing.co.uk. It's totally free and has all the features you are looking for. It is very simple to follow and set up your own webpage and links, plus it does not carry any advertising either. I have put my society on there in the last few days and found it to be ideal. Feedback from my society members (40 in total) all think it is great.

matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sports_Fanatic Wed 08 Feb 2012, 7:52 am

Cheers both, societygolfing seems to fit the bill so I've gone with them. Very easy to use, now all I need is for the others to sign up and agree it's a good idea.

Otherwise it will be a one man society Very Happy

Sports_Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot golfer Wed 08 Feb 2012, 1:50 pm

Glad to be of assistance .

matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down