The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland vs Wales - This weekends BIG GAME...!

+64
WelshinEdinburgh
LordDowlais
The Great Aukster
RubyGuby
I'm Optimist
Cari
doctor_grey
Luckless Pedestrian
rodders
Morgannwg
Seagultaf
geoff999rugby
Taffineastbourne
slartibartfast
ME-109
ultra
HammerofThunor
majesticimperialman
chewed_mintie
Feckless Rogue
Hood83
Duty281
gnollbeast
glamorganalun
HERSH
Hookisms and Hyperbole
B91212
Rory_Gallagher
RDW
KiaRose
TycroesOsprey
IanBru
The Bachelor
Thomond
faraway
valjester
whocares
trebellbobaggins
Notch
wales606
Golden
Pal Joey
WillyGilly
Mad for Chelsea
miteyironpaw
nobbled
mystiroakey
ChequeredJersey
Gibson
Shifty
JmD
PJHolybloke
flynnnio
Cymroglan
Jenifer McLadyboy
overlordofthewest
EnglishReign
Pot Hale
gowales
kiakahaaotearoa
Biltong
eirebilly
Knowsit17
maestegmafia
68 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

Ireland vs Wales - This weekends BIG GAME...! Empty Ireland vs Wales - This weekends BIG GAME...!

Post by maestegmafia Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:13 pm

Venue: Aviva Stadium Date: Sunday, 5 February Kick-off: 1500 GMT

Coverage: Watch live on BBC One, BBC One HD & online from 1400 GMT; full commentary on BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra; text commentary on BBC Sport website & mobiles.

Referee : Wayne Barnes (England)

Touch judges : Dave Pearson & Stuart Terheege (both England)

TV : Geoff Warren (England)

IRELAND : 15 - R Kearney; 14 - T Bowe, 13 - F McFadden, 12 - G D'Arcy, 11 - A Trimble (Ulster); 10 - J Sexton, 9 - C Murray; 1- C Healy, 2 - R Best, 3 - M Ross, 4 - D O'Callaghan, 5 - P O'Connell (C), 6 - S Ferris, 7 - S O'Brien, 8 - J Heaslip.

Replacements: 16 - S Cronin, 17 - T Court, 18 - D Ryan, 19 - P O'Mahony, 20 - E Reddan, 21 - R O'Gara, 22 - D Kearney.

WALES : 15 - L Halfpenny; 14 - A Cuthbert, 13 - J Davies, 12 - J Roberts, 11 - G North; 10 - R Priestland, 9 - M Phillips; 1 - R Gill, 2 - H Bennett, 3 - A Jones, 4 - B Davies, 5 - I Evans, 6 - R Jones, 7- S Warburton (C), 8 - T Faletau.

Replacements:16 - K Owens, 17 - P James, 18 - A Powell, 19 - J Tipuric, 20 - Lloyd Williams, 21 - J Hook, 22 - Scott Williams.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Wales - This weekends BIG GAME...! Empty Re: Ireland vs Wales - This weekends BIG GAME...!

Post by maestegmafia Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:14 pm

This is going to be a cracking match.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Wales - This weekends BIG GAME...! Empty Re: Ireland vs Wales - This weekends BIG GAME...!

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

Getting stoked now, any previous reservations I had are ebbing away by the second. The day will be ours, this is the best set of players we've had in years. Even at reduced strength this XV would have been a blessing back this time last decade and I know they can do it in Dublin.

Believe Wales
Let these boards resonate with Cymru Am Byth!!!

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:25 pm

This is the match of the round, hopefully it will bring some good rugby Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:26 pm

I am just off to find the pub where we are watching the game... Very exciting...! We caught the England game on local TV last night.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:27 pm

Can anyone tell me how many first choice Welsh players are out? I thought there were mnay but can't see any missing.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:27 pm

Good luck maest and have a great day there Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:28 pm

eirebilly wrote:This is the match of the round, hopefully it will bring some good rugby Very Happy
Definitely...

Cant wait for kick off...

Starting to feel more comfortable with the Welsh team than I was... Certainly if Priestland and Roberts are actually in much better shape than the Irish presume. Then this could be a great day in Dublin for Wales.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:29 pm

biltongbek wrote:Can anyone tell me how many first choice Welsh players are out? I thought there were mnay but can't see any missing.
Two Locks, Alyn Wynn Jones and Charteris, blind side Dan Lydiate, loosehead Gethin Jenkins, and Hooker Matthew Rees.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:30 pm

eirebilly wrote:Good luck maest and have a great day there Very Happy
Cheers mate, enjoy the game yourself mate.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:30 pm

Jenkins seems to be out but good to see Roberts in there. I want to see how D'Arcy copes with him.

I am going to see this match, then a game of poker and then watching the Superbowl. I have to get up early tomorrow for work and will undoubtedly still be drunk (I certainly hope so as I can't cope with being hungover and at work) but sometimes in life, you just have to say this is a night for the boys and to hell with the consequences.

Looking forward to the match. Not thinking about tomorrow.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:31 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Can anyone tell me how many first choice Welsh players are out? I thought there were mnay but can't see any missing.
Two Locks, Alyn Wynn Jones and Charteris, blind side Dan Lydiate, loosehead Gethin Jenkins, and Hooker Matthew Rees.

thanks mate, you see how poor my memory is. Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:34 pm

biltongbek wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Its the age biltong Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:34 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Jenkins seems to be out but good to see Roberts in there. I want to see how D'Arcy copes with him.

I am going to see this match, then a game of poker and then watching the Superbowl. I have to get up early tomorrow for work and will undoubtedly still be drunk (I certainly hope so as I can't cope with being hungover and at work) but sometimes in life, you just have to say this is a night for the boys and to hell with the consequences.

Looking forward to the match. Not thinking about tomorrow.

Ahmen brother Cool

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:45 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote: I have to get up early tomorrow for work and will undoubtedly still be drunk (I certainly hope so as I can't cope with being hungover and at work) but sometimes in life, you just have to say this is a night for the boys and to hell with the consequences.

Are you a high court judge ?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:46 pm

biltongbek wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

No worries, likewise I would be hard pushed to name the best Bok XV available...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:48 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
biltongbek wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

No worries, likewise I would be hard pushed to name the best Bok XV available...

True, but i should have at least remembered charteris, Lydiate and Jenkins. I saw two Jones' in the squad so didn't bother thinking one is missing.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:52 pm

France and Italy wasnt much to look at
Scotland and England were dire

Hopefully this game will live up to its billing Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:55 pm

What are the odds on Ireland/Wales emulating Scotland and not a single try today?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:57 pm

Pot Hale wrote:What are the odds on Ireland/Wales emulating Scotland and not a single try today?

Dont tease the rugby gods mad
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:59 pm

Pot Hale wrote:What are the odds on Ireland/Wales emulating Scotland and not a single try today?

Well neither side will want to lose and on the negative side both can play some pretty conservative rugby if they chose too.

On the positive side both can really through it about and both will want to win this, we had a good last game in the quarters and I am sure todays will replicate that...

Though ireland should be confident of a better result.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:00 pm

I've predicted a very close Welsh win. Should be a fiery encounter!

P.S. Shame about Keith Earls, he's a joy to watch.

Last edited by EnglishReign on Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:03 pm

I have predicted Ireland by 8 so i hope that comes true.

I have also made a bold prediction in that Trimble will be top tryscorer this 6N Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:07 pm

Wasn't the last time Trimble played against Wales in Dublin that time Shane sliced him open to score decisively in the corner? Wink

Seriously, with Shane hanging them up maybe this time Trimble'll be allowed to do something Wales Leprechaun

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:10 pm

Im through with predictions, my last one of an easy Scotland win was way off the mark.

Come on Wales!!!!!

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:11 pm

Very interested to see how the new boys do... !

Cuthbert has looked very handy for the Blues, good try scorer big lad buckets of pace... Rhys Gill has been great for Saracens, and I am glad that he is getting a chance to show what he can do for Wales...

will be keeping a very close eye on those two.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

overlordofthewest wrote:Im through with predictions, my last one of an easy Scotland win was way off the mark.

If Scotland hadn't of dropped the last pass about six times you would have been spot on so don't worry you are not far from the mark.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Wasn't the last time Trimble played against Wales in Dublin that time Shane sliced him open to score decisively in the corner? Wink

No recollecton of that at all.... You're making it all up Whistle
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:16 pm

eirebilly wrote:I have predicted Ireland by 8 so i hope that comes true. Very Happy

For once we are in agreement on something. You see I just knew if we dug deep enough, we would find common ground.

PK. Very Happy
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:17 pm

biltongbek wrote:
eirebilly wrote:I have predicted Ireland by 8 so i hope that comes true. Very Happy

For once we are in agreement on something. You see I just knew if we dug deep enough, we would find common ground.

PK. Very Happy

Never, its not possible for us to agree... Go change your prediction now Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

eirebilly wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

PK. Very Happy

sportsguru predictions are final, and cannot be changed.

I suggest you go cancel your registration and re register with new predictions. boxing
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

Free ticket and live within walking distance of Lansdowne rd.

What a focking tw*t eh?

How much do you hate me? Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:21 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Free ticket and live within walking distance of Lansdowne rd.

What a focking tw*t eh?

If the temperature is below 15 degrees celcius, not much. Very Happy
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:22 pm

biltongbek wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

PK. Very Happy

I suggest you go cancel your registration and re register with new predictions. boxing

I will let it slide this time then biltong Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:22 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Free ticket and live within walking distance of Lansdowne rd.

What a focking tw*t eh?

Alot Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:22 pm

Right I'm off to the rugby club mug but recording the match so I can watch it when I get home.
I'm quietly confident that Wales can get a result today but if we don't then I certainly wont blame it on our injuries.

Have fun see you all later Wales

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:23 pm

What a focking tw*t eh?

Have a great time mate...!

I had two tickets but couldn't make it so sold them to an Irish friend and his wife...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:23 pm

Best of luck Cymro
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:24 pm

eirebilly wrote:
biltongbek wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

PK. Very Happy

I will let it slide this time then biltong Wink

Phew, thanks mate.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:25 pm

biltongbek wrote:

What a focking tw*t eh?

Jasus! Don't want it that hot. Would burn up in me big thick Ireland Jersey.

Edit: It's a nice mild 5 degrees btw. No rain......Yet.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:32 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

What a focking tw*t eh?

Jasus! Don't want it that hot. Would burn up in me big thick Ireland Jersey.

Scale of temperature in South Africa.

less than 3 degrees celcius - furious cold.
3 - 10 degrees celcius - freezing cold.
11- 14 degrees celcius - unpleasantly cold.
14 - 16 degrees - cold
16 - 18 degrees - cool
19 - 21 degrees - mild
22 - 28 degrees - pleasant
29 - 32 degrees - warm
33 - 34 degrees - hot
35 degrees and up - furious hot
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by flynnnio Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:34 pm

flannery leamy d wallace.cullen bod and earls out injured for ireland just in case the welsh think they are unlucky Smile

may the best backrow win

flynnnio

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:35 pm

And for us...

less than 0 degrees celcius - cold.
3 - 10 degrees celcius - Mild.
11- 14 degrees celcius - Warm.
14 - 18 degrees - Hot
19 - 21 degrees - Very hot
22 - 25 degrees - Ouch!
29 - and up. Fock off willya. How could you live in that?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:37 pm

Ahem, this weekend's BIG game kicks off at 5.00 - Sandy Park - thank you. Ireland vs Wales - This weekends BIG GAME...! 1078893766

I am looking forward to the Ireland - Wales warm-up though, I have Ireland by 8 so Biltong, Billy you're both out. Ireland vs Wales - This weekends BIG GAME...! 1347041234
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:37 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

And for us...

14 - 18 degrees - Hot
22 - 25 degrees - Ouch!

When I was doing my national service in the army, we would only be allowed to have the day off when temperatures reached 35 degrees, anything lower than that no mercy.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:39 pm

biltongbek wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

And for us...

14 - 18 degrees - Hot
22 - 25 degrees - Ouch!

When I was doing my national service in the army, we would only be allowed to have the day off when temperatures reached 35 degrees, anything lower than that no mercy.

People in the Gabonese republic might be putting their coats on at that temp. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:41 pm

flynnnio wrote:flannery leamy d wallace.cullen bod and earls out injured for ireland just in case the welsh think they are unlucky Smile

may the best backrow win
Bod is the only one of those who is a first choice player mate...!

Flannery, Leamy and Wallace havent been in the Ireland squad for years.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:42 pm

It all depends. Rain is the great leveller. It brings up the temperature but it´s a right royal pain in the arse.

If you have dry heat, you can tolerate anything up to 40 degrees.

Madrid, where I live, has it all. The sun is out today but there´s a bitingly cold wind. Last summer, I think it rained three times and it was quite mild averaging only around 33 degrees. With no humidity, that kind of temperature is ideal.

It´s a question of what you´re used to and what kind of weather you like. Personally I can´t stand the rain and got plenty of it in NZ. I love the heat and don´t mind the cold so long as it´s not raining. Madrid has two seasons: summer and winter. The summer lasts 9 months and winter 3. It was averaging 27 for much of October this year. It´s freezing at the moment but I can tolerate it because summer´s only a couple of months away. Yahoo

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:43 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:It all depends. Rain is the great leveller. It brings up the temperature but it´s a right royal pain in the arse.

Madrid, where I live, has it all. The sun is out today but there´s a bitingly cold wind. Last summer, I think it rained three times and it was quite mild averaging only around 33 degrees. With no humidity, that kind of temperature is ideal.

It´s a question of what you´re used to and what kind of weather you like. Personally I can´t stand the rain and got plenty of it in NZ. I love the heat and don´t mind the cold so long as it´s not raining. Madrid has two seasons: summer and winter. The summer lasts 9 months and winter 3. It was averaging 27 for much of October this year. It´s freezing at the moment but I can tolerate it because summer´s only a couple of months away. Ireland vs Wales - This weekends BIG GAME...! 479796

Ireland vs Wales - This weekends BIG GAME...! 2115032417
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 05 Feb 2012, 1:45 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:It all depends. Rain is the great leveller. It brings up the temperature but it´s a right royal pain in the arse.

It´s a question of what you´re used to and what kind of weather you like. Personally I can´t stand the rain and got plenty of it in NZ. I love the heat and don´t mind the cold so long as it´s not raining. Madrid has two seasons: summer and winter. The summer lasts 9 months and winter 3. It was averaging 27 for much of October this year. It´s freezing at the moment but I can tolerate it because summer´s only a couple of months away. Yahoo

I was out on the motorcycle this morning and it was heavily clouded, early on it was 16 degrees and almost unpleasant on the bike. when I got back home it has rained heavily here, but now it is 29 and humid. So this heat will last until about 10 tonight.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next